• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals RT Andre Smith arrested at ATL airport for being in possession of a handgun

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just unfathomably stupid. How could you be unaware that your bag had a loaded gun in it? Did somebody else pack it for you?

Wow. Just, wow.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just unfathomably stupid. How could you be unaware that your bag had a loaded gun in it? Did somebody else pack it for you?

Wow. Just, wow.

Some famous guy in Utah (I know that's an oxymoron) claimed that he didn't know he had the gun. I'm sure he meant that he didn't know he had it with him, but when Te'o didn't know he didn't have a girlfriend, what are we to believe? ;)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some famous guy in Utah (I know that's an oxymoron) claimed that he didn't know he had the gun. I'm sure he meant that he didn't know he had it with him, but when Te'o didn't know he didn't have a girlfriend, what are we to believe? ;)

Nice.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a conspiracy movement. People (RINOS who are actually liberal) are purposely doing this so as to stir up the movement for gun control. :tinfoil3: Seriously though, there has been a spike in these instances over the past few months after a previous lull. (Not saying you can't be conservative and pro-gun control or that all are liberal. Some are neutral and some cross party-lines to go against guns.)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think it's anyone's political belief that airports should let you on a plane with a gun.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Toothbrush....check
Comb....check
Magazine.....check
.380 Pistol.....check
Sweatshirt.....check
Snacks.....check

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn if you're going to be stupid, then at least have it inside your luggage. Did he expect the metal detector would not be working? Yo this dude is funny! Stupidest move ever, unless that was your intention and that you purposely wanted to be apprehended

"I've never been to jail in Atlanta before. I wonder if their cells are as nice as everybody says."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's anyone's political belief that airports should let you on a plane with a gun.

I know that, that wasn't what I was referring to. I was just joking that people were trying to put in the news more and more negative stories about guns out there to promote that we all shouldn't have guns (which I know is not the entire message of the anti-gun people) - and one such way would be to paint gun-owners as stupid people who try to bring their guns on carryon. I wasn't serious about the conspiracy theory anyway. (I don't own a gun and can't imagine ever doing so, by the way.)

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a Chicago politician that recently got elected did the same thing...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just wow. What the hell was he thinking and the bigger question is what he was looking to do with the gun? The only reason I put things in my carry on bag is to have it easily accessible if I need it on the flight. He having a gun in his carry on would lead me to believe that he thought he might need it on the flight. Which raises some serious questions about him. But why on Earth would he think that it would make it through security?

Just weird.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that, that wasn't what I was referring to. I was just joking that people were trying to put in the news more and more negative stories about guns out there to promote that we all shouldn't have guns (which I know is not the entire message of the anti-gun people) - and one such way would be to paint gun-owners as stupid people who try to bring their guns on carryon. I wasn't serious about the conspiracy theory anyway. (I don't own a gun and can't imagine ever doing so, by the way.)

I'm a gun owner but also a person that thinks that stricter gun laws are necessary and needed. I know WAY too many people who should not have access to weapons that get them anyway and it brings a bad name to responsible gun owners. My thing is that you are clean and can pass a back ground check then you shouldn't worry about gun control laws that are being presented. Sevearl of my friends own Ak-47, SKS, AR-15 and other assault weapons that we regularly shoot at my friend's range. I enjoy shooting but in no way shape or form am I worried about gun control because i know that I have a clean record and can easily pass a psychological exam.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please know I am being sarcastic....Bob Costas style

Something like this really puts it into perspective
With our current gun culture it insures that more and more NFL players will get arrested and blow up planes with there handguns over loud music. This will lead to more teenage boys bloody and dead. Handguns do not enhance our safety, they exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather then avoiding it. In the coming days Andre Smiths actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows but here is what I believe; if Andre Smith didn't possess a gun he and every other idiot in America would not be in jail today.

Brady Campaign 2013!!!!!!!!!!! Ban Guns nows!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• brady_campaign.jpg
    brady_campaign.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 79

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like this really puts it into perspective
With our current gun culture it insures that more and more NFL players will get arrested and blow up planes with there handguns over loud music. This will lead to more teenage boys bloody and dead. Handguns do not enhance our safety, they exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather then avoiding it. In the coming days Andre Smiths actions and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows but here is what I believe; if Andre Smith didn't possess a gun he and every other idiot in America would not be in jail today.

Brady Campaign 2013!!!!!!!!!!! Ban Guns nows!!!!!!!!

Man I see the arguements from both sides, as an independent it is in my interest to try and find how both sides are right and wrong. But I also enjoy shooting and I do think that there are millions of responsible gun owners like myself that do the right things with their guns. That being said, I know the power of these weapons and the responsility that it takes to have them and I see the desire to get these guns away from people who may not be mentally or emotionally capable of responsibly owning guns. I know several people who seek help for severe emotional problems (bipolar, anxieity, etc.) but still are gun owners, I also know a lot of meth addicts that have guns. These are the people who worry me as a danger to our society with these weapons and it should be evaluated as to whether or not they should have them.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I see the arguements from both sides, as an independent it is in my interest to try and find how both sides are right and wrong. But I also enjoy shooting and I do think that there are millions of responsible gun owners like myself that do the right things with their guns. That being said, I know the power of these weapons and the responsility that it takes to have them and I see the desire to get these guns away from people who may not be mentally or emotionally capable of responsibly owning guns. I know several people who seek help for severe emotional problems (bipolar, anxieity, etc.) but still are gun owners, I also know a lot of meth addicts that have guns. These are the people who worry me as a danger to our society with these weapons and it should be evaluated as to whether or not they should have them.

I agree I don't want no meth head owning a gun but how would you go about taking it from them or stopping them from getting it? If the guy has not committed a crime yet then it is his right to own one. Unless you pass a law saying every gun owner must be drug tested regularly. But then who decides what drugs will disqualify them from owning a gun? Marijuana? I know lots of good people who smoke weed daily none of them would kill someone. Meth? Yeah meth is on a totally different level then marijuana, but for the government to say its okay to illegally smoke marijuana and own a gun but not for meth, I mean try to understand where I am coming from but I don't ever see them doing that.

I for one carry a gun with me daily, so when that meth head with a gun trys to hurt me and my family I have the ability to stop it if so needed. I pray that day never comes but just to be safe and to protect me, my family, and others around me.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I don't want no meth head owning a gun but how would you go about taking it from them or stopping them from getting it? If the guy has not committed a crime yet then it is his right to own one. Unless you pass a law saying every gun owner must be drug tested regularly. But then who decides what drugs will disqualify them from owning a gun? Marijuana? I know lots of good people who smoke weed daily none of them would kill someone. Meth? Yeah meth is on a totally different level then marijuana, but for the government to say its okay to illegally smoke marijuana and own a gun but not for meth, I mean try to understand where I am coming from but I don't ever see them doing that.

I for one carry a gun with me daily, so when that meth head with a gun trys to hurt me and my family I have the ability to stop it if so needed. I pray that day never comes but just to be safe and to protect me, my family, and others around me.

Luckily for us, I doubt anyone who smokes Meth regularly would be declared emotionally or mentally capable of owning a gun. Honesetly though that is what sucks about how easily it has become to get a gun, these meth heads all have them and like you said it almost becomes a necessity to have one and be forced to kill someone because someone who is not in their right mind, is attempting to break into your house to rob you. That is what pisses me off about the whole thing, it isn't a black and white issues, there are tons of gray areas, not everyone can own a gun.

I do think that gun owners should get randomly drug tested, not for things like weed but the hard drugs like meth, crack, etc. or drugs that may make a person hallucinate. I know is seems like a pain in the ass but like I said, it is the responsible thing to do and to own a gun we must be able to do so responsibly. I have no fears of such things because I will never fail such a test.