• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals RT Andre Smith arrested at ATL airport for being in possession of a handgun

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Something like this really puts it into perspective

Really? This???

This isn't even an issue. With anyone. NOBODY thinks it's ok to try to sneak a gun onto a plane. Your post was opprotunism at its most pathetic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Um did you read the first line?

Oh man! You got me. The line underneath it faked my eyes into thinking it was a signature from the post above (which I never read).

Heeeee haaaawwwww!!! I'm the jackass of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man! You got me. The line underneath it faked my eyes into thinking it was a signature from the post above (which I never read).

I looked twice and didn't see it

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a gun owner but also a person that thinks that stricter gun laws are necessary and needed. I know WAY too many people who should not have access to weapons that get them anyway and it brings a bad name to responsible gun owners. My thing is that you are clean and can pass a back ground check then you shouldn't worry about gun control laws that are being presented. Sevearl of my friends own Ak-47, SKS, AR-15 and other assault weapons that we regularly shoot at my friend's range. I enjoy shooting but in no way shape or form am I worried about gun control because i know that I have a clean record and can easily pass a psychological exam.

I wouldn't worry about gun control either if I wanted to own a gun.

This is a loose analogy so bear with me, but I saw this white woman on the news being interviewed at a school picking up her kids from soccer practice (don't know why they chose this place to report) and she was talking about how uncomfortable she was with the idea that the government could be listening to her phone calls. I just had to shake my head. Does she think the government has so much time on their hands and such a high payroll that they can employ people to listen to some soccer mom's phone calls on when dinner's going to be ready? This doesn't mean to denigrate women or anything, I would have said the same thing if this were a guy. I noted white because I could see a minority being concerned. They choose who they want to listen to, right or wrong, and it's not going to be for absolutely no reason. Sure, it could be a bad reason like racism and all that, but her concern about her phone calls, sounded ridiculous. If they somehow did tap her phone, waste their time, then. Start talking about your favorite BBQ sauce.

I understand the concerns with wire-tapping but it seems that if you're clean, why do you have to worry about it. I wouldn't necessarily vote for it, but I don't care if they have the ability because I'm clean. If someone set me up and recorded, I'd be upset with the setup, not the wiretapping.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry about gun control either if I wanted to own a gun.

This is a loose analogy so bear with me, but I saw this white woman on the news being interviewed at a school picking up her kids from soccer practice (don't know why they chose this place to report) and she was talking about how uncomfortable she was with the idea that the government could be listening to her phone calls. I just had to shake my head. Does she think the government has so much time on their hands and such a high payroll that they can employ people to listen to some soccer mom's phone calls on when dinner's going to be ready? This doesn't mean to denigrate women or anything, I would have said the same thing if this were a guy. I noted white because I could see a minority being concerned. They choose who they want to listen to, right or wrong, and it's not going to be for absolutely no reason. Sure, it could be a bad reason like racism and all that, but her concern about her phone calls, sounded ridiculous. If they somehow did tap her phone, waste their time, then. Start talking about your favorite BBQ sauce.

I understand the concerns with wire-tapping but it seems that if you're clean, why do you have to worry about it. I wouldn't necessarily vote for it, but I don't care if they have the ability because I'm clean. If someone set me up and recorded, I'd be upset with the setup, not the wiretapping.

Oh I agree to an extent as long as wire tapping is used for the purpose that it was created which is going after foreign and domestic terrorists. I don't want anyone using it for personal gain, etc.

Things just seem to get so overly politicized to me, I guess more so since I don't have a party and don't really like the liberal/conservative bickering. But as an American, I am willing to make sacrifices for the good of the people, my having no political parties gives me the freedom to do so because I don't have to take politics into consideration.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree to an extent as long as wire tapping is used for the purpose that it was created which is going after foreign and domestic terrorists. I don't want anyone using it for personal gain, etc.

Things just seem to get so overly politicized to me, I guess more so since I don't have a party and don't really like the liberal/conservative bickering. But as an American, I am willing to make sacrifices for the good of the people, my having no political parties gives me the freedom to do so because I don't have to take politics into consideration.

I don't have a party and my aunt who is a liberal upsets me because since I don't believe everything she says, she says I'm a conservative, despite all I have said to clarify my beliefs on issues. Her proof? My dad is more conservative (which I have since learned to be less so than she's painted it). She says I would be because he is. I told her, that if parents decide the party of their kids, why isn't she the same as my dad? They were raised by the same parents...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a party and my aunt who is a liberal upsets me because since I don't believe everything she says, she says I'm a conservative, despite all I have said to clarify my beliefs on issues. Her proof? My dad is more conservative (which I have since learned to be less so than she's painted it). She says I would be because he is. I told her, that if parents decide the party of their kids, why isn't she the same as my dad? They were raised by the same parents...

Man I live in like the reddest state in the country, surrounded by conservatives. These guys look at Independents like we're liberals for not taking their side. I personally think it is all silly and like to look at everything and judge it on a case by case basis.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I live in like the reddest state in the country, surrounded by conservatives. These guys look at Independents like we're liberals for not taking their side. I personally think it is all silly and like to look at everything and judge it on a case by case basis.

Yeah, I never understood the idea that an issue could come up and I'd have to consult if my side was for it or not. That would just be party based.

I also couldn't imagine that when an issue came up that I would react in a uniform way, that's where context and details matter. I think most say they care about those two things, but there a lot that in practice, don't.

As far as voting for a person, I find it hard to say, whatever this guy believes, sign me up. Obviously, we're picking from lesser of two or three evils and we might lean to one side or another depending upon the issues present, but some people are so pro-Obama or pro-Romney. I find the issue more locally because I want to trust local government and say it's the feds, but the truth is there are screw-ups on every level, party, state, and branch of government.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol man I read your post a few hours ago but didn't get a chance to respond and was getting on here now to do that, but guess someone already did that for me