• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengal v Broncos

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, so gruden calls the plays that have receivers run down field, but Marvin wont let him throw down the field? you cant be serious.

That's just a little nitpicky isn't it? Not to mention taken out of context....Gruden's offense does have receivers getting open....until yesterday they just weren't running much downfield...the point is open it up goddammit....

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just a little nitpicky isn't it? Not to mention taken out of context....Gruden's offense does have receivers getting open....until yesterday they just weren't running much downfield...the point is open it up goddammit....

It is supposed to be a ball control offense. Dalton will take his shots downfield when he has soemthing out there open to throw to. He is not goign to just take shots downfield if the receiver is not open. He throws to the open WR, not just deep to say he did it. Complete the pass, move the chains, continue on to the next play. That takes a lot of maturity to do that. He was down 17-3 and he did not panic, he just kept taking what he was given and rallied the troops. He is over on the sideline, giving guys 5, telling them great job, get up, let's go, ect ect.

He is not going to chuck it downfield 4 or 5 times a game just because your WR demands it, and not because you are trying to get it all back in one shot (like another QB we have had recently).

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Learn to read. Nowhere did I say you did. Nowhere.

I wish there was a tampon smilie

This is what you said after quoting my post:

Get off Palmers dick. He sucked last year, no way to argue it.

Anybody with a grade school education could tell you the implication.

I swear this board is getting filled with idiots.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

See my post right before this.

And this is all on Marvin. It's been the same sad story for years.

1. Up multiple scores? Run, run, pass.
2. Up 1 score? Run, run, pass.
3. Tie game? Run, run, pass.
4. Down 1 score? Run, run, pass.
5. Down multiple scores? Pass, pass, pass until you get back to #4.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I repped your prick ass for this. Hilarious and spot on.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dalton doesn't throw it downfield because the PLAYS AREN'T DESIGNED TO GO DOWNFIELD.

Crash is one delusional cat. And a homer. Results in a lot of Hobson like posts.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you said after quoting my post:

Anybody with a grade school education could tell you the implication.

I swear this board is getting filled with idiots.

Or it could have meant that there was no reason to believe he would have tore up the Denver D as you suggested.

Here " "

feel free to type what I'm thinking you fucking psychic

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton doesn't throw it downfield because the PLAYS AREN'T DESIGNED TO GO DOWNFIELD.

Crash is one delusional cat. And a homer. Results in a lot of Hobson like posts.

He threw two deeper balls yesterday connected on one, and over threw green on another. Not everything has to be thrown for 60+ yards.

The decision by the QB is to be made within the first 20 yards of teh route, not wait all f'n day like Palmer did and then decide to try and chuck it 65+ yards.

You make the decision if the WR is goign to beat the DB within the first 20 and then throw it out there about 40 yards and hope the WR can run under it. That is the way a pass is supposed to be thrown. Not the way Palmer used to do it. Palmer had a big arm, but a little brain.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday showed to me at least that Gruden's offense is well designed.....they simply must call the downfield stuff before they get behind. Your description of Marvin's offensive ideas was on the money. And hilarious.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or it could have meant that there was no reason to believe he would have tore up the Denver D as you suggested.

Here " "

feel free to type what I'm thinking you fucking psychic

Too bad for you the "edit" button disappears after 15 minutes. I'm sure you'd love to go back and re-write your post. But now you're just relegated to making shit up.

LOL @ you.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He threw two deeper balls yesterday connected on one, and over threw green on another. Not everything has to be thrown for 60+ yards.

The decision by the QB is to be made within the first 20 yards of teh route, not wait all f'n day like Palmer did and then decide to try and chuck it 65+ yards.

You make the decision if the WR is goign to beat the DB within the first 20 and then throw it out there about 40 yards and hope the WR can run under it. That is the way a pass is supposed to be thrown. Not the way Palmer used to do it. Palmer had a big arm, but a little brain.

Going "downfield" doesn't only mean throwing a bomb, which Dalton clearly sucks at doing. Late 3rd quarter and 4th quarter consisted of a lot of ~20 yard passes mixed in with a bunch of short to intermediate passes. That is the definition of going "downfield" instead of Marvin's love for grabbing 3-4 yard at a time, whether it's a run or pass.

Still can't get over Palmer? FWIW, Dalton will never be the passer Palmer is. Never.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad for you the "edit" button disappears after 15 minutes. I'm sure you'd love to go back and re-write your post. But now you're just relegated to making shit up.

LOL @ you.

OK then???? how can I argue with that. I wouldn't change a thing.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going "downfield" doesn't only mean throwing a bomb, which Dalton clearly sucks at doing. Late 3rd quarter and 4th quarter consisted of a lot of ~20 yard passes mixed in with a bunch of short to intermediate passes. That is the definition of going "downfield" instead of Marvin's love for grabbing 3-4 yard at a time, whether it's a run or pass.

Still can't get over Palmer? FWIW, Dalton will never be the passer Palmer is. Never.

You're right, he will be better.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long_ball.jpg

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% on the ball with this one