• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengal v Broncos

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Palmer may not be a fair scapegoat for the whole team being run into the ground, but he deserves his fair share of blame for 2010. If you can't see that, then your a blind bat.

His fair share...10% maybe.

1. Brat
2. Receivers (TO and Chad)
3. Marvin
4. O-line

...in no particular order come before Palmer. One could make a case for the defense as well.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who gives a fuck about Palmer anymore? He's gone. That ship has sailed. Last year is last year. And regardless of who's fault it was, we fuckin blew nuts and were 4-12. To me...MB, Marv, Palmer, Brat..they all deserved blame

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Look no further than posts #253 and #257.

The 2 guys who continually seem to have the most hate and seem to be the most butt hurt apparently can't let him go.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know they blamed Dalton, but the ball was just slightly behind Simpson. Simpson only seems to make the catch if it is right in his hands on stride. If he has to adjust for any ball, he drops it. That drop was on Simpson, it should have been caught. There is no way in hell Gresham, Green or Shipley drop that pass.

I thought he missed an easy throw there..

I'm thrilled with his play as a rookie, but he had to play better in the clutch today (3rd downs and final drive)

cincyreds45212

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know they blamed Dalton, but the ball was just slightly behind Simpson. Simpson only seems to make the catch if it is right in his hands on stride. If he has to adjust for any ball, he drops it. That drop was on Simpson, it should have been caught. There is no way in hell Gresham, Green or Shipley drop that pass.

Simpson drops to many passes..its terrible..he had a bad drop at the end that cost us the go ahead FG. I guess thats to be expected with a young player

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look no further than posts #253 and #257.

The 2 guys who continually seem to have the most hate and seem to be the most butt hurt apparently can't let him go.

I just find it funny that a Bengals/Broncos game thread turns into yet another Palmer 2010 hindsight circlejerk. Dalton actually has a good game, and everyone wants to talk about Palmer.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thoughts.....

1) Dalton may or may not become a good quarterback.....but his success or lack thereof
will in no way be related to his arm strength, and I didn't know that until today, since they just haven't let him throw the ball downfield at all...

2) Nate Clements got toasted by a backup scrub receiver....I'm not sure he could've covered Tim Tebow today.....

3) They found yet another way to creatively lose a game that could have and should have been won.....

4) I was disappointed in the lack of consistency in the pass rush today.....

5) Marvin Lewis is still a terrible coach.....

6) The offense may yet surprise us this year....Gruden's ideas seem to work (open receivers everywhere) and AJ Green is a freak.....now if only we can get Marvin to let the kid chuck it before we fall too far behind.....

7) The argument over whether we need to be a power running team or a passing team is moot....we need to be (and maybe can be) a balanced offense......

That's all I have right now.....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Random thoughts.....

1) Dalton may or may not become a good quarterback.....but his success or lack thereof
will in no way be related to his arm strength, and I didn't know that until today, since they just haven't let him throw the ball downfield at all...

2) Nate Clements got toasted by a backup scrub receiver....I'm not sure he could've covered Tim Tebow today.....

3) They found yet another way to creatively lose a game that could have and should have been won.....

4) I was disappointed in the lack of consistency in the pass rush today.....

5) Marvin Lewis is still a terrible coach.....

6) The offense may yet surprise us this year....Gruden's ideas seem to work (open receivers everywhere) and AJ Green is a freak.....now if only we can get Marvin to let the kid chuck it before we fall too far behind.....

7) The argument over whether we need to be a power running team or a passing team is moot....we need to be (and maybe can be) a balanced offense......

That's all I have right now.....

good post so I'll add my thoughts...

1. Dalton zips the ball on the intermediate routes, but seems to float the deep passes. Reminds me of a Matt Ryan type skillset. You can be highly, highly effective as long as you're good on the intermediate routes. particularly in the WCO

2. He didn't leave his last team ala Joseph. He wasnt traded either. He was cut... I don't care about your cap number, a good CB in this leauge isnt getting cut.. they're too rare and valuable a commodity.. probably a serviceable starter at best...

3. a beatup, undermanned Denver team on a short week... Bengals should have won today... classic Marvin Lewis loss..

4. To be fair, Denver has a smart veteran QB and an elite blindside pass blocking LT

5. see 3rd bullet point

6. AJ Green is stud... special talent... the offense played well in general, but they were piss poor on 3rd/4th down... 1 of 12 conversion rate I believe.. need to imrove in that area

7. They need to take the trainingwheels off Andy the entire games... we're not a playoff team.. let the kid learn.. until they were down two scores the offensive approach was way too conservative

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third down was definitely a disaster today.....but before today I was buying into Kramer's limp wristed Nancy routine concerning Dalton....he proved otherwise today...and yes they need to turn the kid loose the entire game....couple of intermediate completions early and suddenly the running game opens up bigtime.....thing is, Marvin had to know Dalton had these talents and just wouldn't turn him loose......bottom line, they bungled another one.....

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis has this idea that rookies just can't perform well. He held Dunlap back last year and didn't want him to play. Now he has training wheels on Dalton and everyone can see it. Lewis does this with every rookie. I don't know what he thinks when he is coaching.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, so gruden calls the plays that have receivers run down field, but Marvin wont let him throw down the field? you cant be serious.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, late to the party. Had to work and just watched the game.

1. Dalton looked good when we actually let him play. He looked comfortable in the pocket, he made the correct reads, and he made the throws. Problem is, Lewis or Gruden doesn't seem to trust him, at least early in the game.

2. This team is an abyss on 3rd down. 3rd and 1, and we can't gain a yard? That's absurd.

3. Benson sucks. No doubt.

4. I defended Clements last week, but he was burnt more than once today. Also, Crocker shows why I'd give anything to get rid of him on the long TD to Decker. He not only took a piss poor angle, but then proceeded to run over Clements instead of the WR.

5. Green is a rare talent, and I'm absolutely glad we took him.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we don't have to watch this shit team for the next few weeks. Thank god.

I'm adopting the Panthers.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we don't have to watch this shit team for the next few weeks. Thank god.

I'm adopting the Panthers.

If your going to adopt a new team, why not pick one that will actually win more than a handfull of games?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your going to adopt a new team, why not pick one that will actually win more than a handfull of games?

I like the Cam. They're fun to watch.

The Bengals, as usual, are boring as dirt.