• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the majority of the blame on Ben. The coaches can't force him to shoot. Because he's so good in pretty much every other aspect of the game, they can't really use not playing him because they'd be hurting their chances to win.

Ben loved putting out sizzle reels of him jumper after jumper every single offseason. Same results during the season.

On another note: How pissed are Philly fans going to be when he ends up in Miami or someplace, starts hitting some outside shots and shoots 70% from the free throw line? lol

It's certainly possible. But, IMO, it's all about getting his head right. If he does that and focuses on doing things that will get him to actually shoot in an actual game then I think he could significantly up his shooting.

But I don't think he's willing to do what Giannis does and take 10 3s in the game and make 1.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly possible. But, IMO, it's all about getting his head right. If he does that and focuses on doing things that will get him to actually shoot in an actual game then I think he could significantly up his shooting.

Yeah, all kidding aside, it's got to be mental with him at this point. This is beyond the "just needs to see a few shots go in" stage too. He may need a sports shrink.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, all kidding aside, it's got to be mental with him at this point. This is beyond the "just needs to see a few shots go in" stage too. He may need a sports shrink.

I'm convinced he's too self-conscious to take those shots and look bad.

Wolves008

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anywhere but Dallas. We've got a lead PG and don't need another that can't shoot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it seems he could have shown up and half assed it like Harden, but chose not to show up at all. I am not sure that strategy will work better.

The big difference between Harden and Simmons is that Harden had a lot of suitors and knew he could force a deal. I think Simmons is playing with fire, because he has sabotaged whatever trade value he might have had, which was already low, and now Philly can just make him sit. It's not like the fan base will be upset if he rots on the bench at this point.

The unfortunate consequence of course is that Embiid's prime will be wasted, but frankly we are already at that point if we are being honest. The Process failed.

Simmons does not care what the 6ers can get for him in trade. That is the 6ers problem.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons does not care what the 6ers can get for him in trade. That is the 6ers problem.
Moreover, his new team getting a sweet deal for his services benefits Simmons and wherever he ends up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers need to make Simmons problem. I really think they can hold down the fort without him and be a 4 or 5 seed.
Maxey
Curry
Green
Harris
Embiid

Bench: Milton, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Niang, Drummond, Springer, Isiah Joe, Paul Reed

Say what you want about Doc in the playoffs but Dude is a strong regular season coach. Then the team gets a boost midseason when they can finally get value. Meanwhile, Simmons is on record for never playing another game with the Sixers. Call his bluff and make him voluntarily make the choice to sit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreover, his new team getting a sweet deal for his services benefits Simmons and wherever he ends up.
That’s the way a winner thinks. I’m not convinced that’s the way Ben Simmons thinks.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the way a winner thinks. I’m not convinced that’s the way Ben Simmons thinks.
That dude is a clown. I'm glad he's not on the Celtics.

Nothing worse than a super-talented and privileged athlete both wasting his potential and having a piss-poor outlook (blaming others, holding resentments, etc.)

Just do your f#cking job, you moron.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude is a clown. I'm glad he's not on the Celtics.

Nothing worse than a super-talented and privileged athlete both wasting his potential and having a piss-poor outlook (blaming others, holding resentments, etc.)

Just do your f#cking job, you moron.
I’m on board. This post isn’t an excuse for Simmons. It’s really an explanation of how something like this happens. From as early as 13 or 14 years old, he was anointed as the best basketball player to ever come from Australia. A documentary on him was green lit when he was like 15 or 16 years old. He’s been in a bubble that has told him he is the greatest his whole life. He’s had accolades that allow him to keep this delusion going with his ROTY and 3 All Star selections. He’s the epitome of complacent. He thinks he’s already reached his destination. God Bless the staff that has to be the group to unlock this guy.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m on board. This post isn’t an excuse for Simmons. It’s really an explanation of how something like this happens. From as early as 13 or 14 years old, he was anointed as the best basketball player to ever come from Australia. A documentary on him was green lit when he was like 15 or 16 years old. He’s been in a bubble that has told him he is the greatest his whole life. He’s had accolades that allow him to keep this delusion going with his ROTY and 3 All Star selections. He’s the epitome of complacent. He thinks he’s already reached his destination. God Bless the staff that has to be the group to unlock this guy.
Sounds very plausible.

From a detached and philosophical point-of-view, it's a good example of how money and privilege (and even talent) isn't 100% a "good thing" for people to have... in fact, these can all turn into "bad things" very easily.

... it's all in the mental aspect, and how you use these gifts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what Klutch has to gain. It's not over a contract dispute, so they aren't making themselves or Ben any more money. Unless there's something that hasn't been leaked yet, he's not trying to force his way to a specific team.

He just doesn't want to play for the Sixers ever again.

I think this is personal because of what happened after the playoffs. Embiid throwing him under the bus was one thing, but Doc doing do it and no one from within the organization (at least that I've heard) has come out and defended him.

Saying what was said and the organization not backing him has nothing to do with Klutch...that's on the Sixers.

The other thing is…

The 6ers should be very concerned about their image with the players here.

Butler already clowned them about a terrible culture. Now Simmons is refusing to play for them.

While it is easy to clown Ben, this is a very bad look for the 6ers too.

Sorry Philly fans, but if Simmons’ trade value is as low as some here are making it out to be, the Embiid championship window could be officially closed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers need to make Simmons problem. I really think they can hold down the fort without him and be a 4 or 5 seed.
Maxey
Curry
Green
Harris
Embiid

Bench: Milton, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Niang, Drummond, Springer, Isiah Joe, Paul Reed

Say what you want about Doc in the playoffs but Dude is a strong regular season coach. Then the team gets a boost midseason when they can finally get value. Meanwhile, Simmons is on record for never playing another game with the Sixers. Call his bluff and make him voluntarily make the choice to sit.

I agree they can be a 5 seed in the East.

Is that really what you want though?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxey
Curry
Green
Harris
Embiid

Would be good to see a player sit but very unlikely imo. That is value that could be turned into other assets to help the team instead he is sitting on the bench and making the 76ers worse in many ways

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually dont mind Ben Simmons wanting out I think its a bitch move when you are the superstar and demand that you get traded to specific team (James harden) and start telling teams they dont want to play for to not trade for him. So the only teams they are interested in the player can low ball the current team. In this case unless I have missed it Ben is saying trade me anywhere so the sixers do have an opportunity to try and get what they can for him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they can be a 5 seed in the East.

Is that really what you want though?
Ideally no. But a Halliburton/Hield deal only really improves them one or two seeds and doesn’t make them a championship contender. Only a Dame or Beal move does that. So there’s no impetus on the Sixers part to make a poor deal now to just improve one seed or two. Essentially it’s like this. Sixers can exit in the 2nd round with or without Ben Simmons.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is…

The 6ers should be very concerned about their image with the players here.

Butler already clowned them about a terrible culture. Now Simmons is refusing to play for them.

While it is easy to clown Ben, this is a very bad look for the 6ers too.

Sorry Philly fans, but if Simmons’ trade value is as low as some here are making it out to be, the Embiid championship window could be officially closed.
I just don’t think there are many players that are too worried about Simmons side of this, his actions have been that bad.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally no. But a Halliburton/Hield deal only really improves them one or two seeds and doesn’t make them a championship contender. Only a Dame or Beal move does that. So there’s no impetus on the Sixers part to make a poor deal now to just improve one seed or two. Essentially it’s like this. Sixers can exit in the 2nd round with or without Ben Simmons.

I think a Hield/Hallibuton deal improves the team to being a conference finalist. Hell they were conference finalist last year if not for Simmons historically bad free throw shooting.

There would also be some sweet justice of sending Simmons to the wilderness known as Sacramento