• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is…

The 6ers should be very concerned about their image with the players here.

Butler already clowned them about a terrible culture. Now Simmons is refusing to play for them.

While it is easy to clown Ben, this is a very bad look for the 6ers too.

Hmmm... don't know about that. It's possible but I'm guessing that most players around the league see Simmons as a little bitch who shit the bed in the playoffs and starting crying when he was called out for it.

Sorry Philly fans, but if Simmons’ trade value is as low as some here are making it out to be, the Embiid championship window could be officially closed.

It's hard to say what Simmons trade value is because first Morey was demanding an unreasonably high return and now teams are looking to low ball the Sixers.

If the season starts and the the Kings, for instance, start of 2-7 do they hold firm to their dream of being an 8 seed with their current roster?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers were a 1 seed with Simmons and got beat in the second round. That's not what anyone wants either. Bottom line is the roster needs a shakeup and it starts with no-heart Benny, the fraudulent superstar who lacks the courage to shoot.

But now that he has pulled the ultimate bitch move, I let him rot on the bench all season unless I get a decent return in trade. No use in trading him for peanuts.

I think we all know the Sixers are never going to win anything at this point with Embiid, the process failed. Don't reward one of the key reasons the process failed by letting Simmons walk for nothing.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes to SA with their shooting wizard and he’ll become freaking Lebron.

Look what dude did for kawhi and his slingshot jumper

The big difference is that Kawhi was known as an extremely hard worker. A gym rat who wanted nothing more in life but to be good at basketball and who spent every waking hour trying to improve his game.

Have you ever read the oral history on Kawhi from his teammates at San Diego State? It's a pretty amazing read.

Ben Simmons....is none of these things. He is a soft player who lacks work ethic and lacks courage on the offensive side of the court. Because he is afraid of looking bad.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him hold out and go to war with what we have. Enough of this crap already. He signed a contract, he shit the bed in the playoffs. Doc spoke the truth about his performance.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers were a 1 seed with Simmons and got beat in the second round. That's not what anyone wants either. Bottom line is the roster needs a shakeup and it starts with no-heart Benny, the fraudulent superstar who lacks the courage to shoot.

But now that he has pulled the ultimate bitch move, I let him rot on the bench all season unless I get a decent return in trade. No use in trading him for peanuts.

I think we all know the Sixers are never going to win anything at this point with Embiid, the process failed. Don't reward one of the key reasons the process failed by letting Simmons walk for nothing.

Getting a couple of firsts so you have the ammo if dame or beal become available, plus some other pieces that fit embiid better is a decent result

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a couple of firsts so you have the ammo if dame or beal become available, plus some other pieces that fit embiid better is a decent result

Again, if we get a solid return yes, but I am not trading Simmons just to get rid of him. I let him rot on the bench if needed before I deal him for nothing.

Letting him rot on the bench would be extremely popular with the fan base at this point also, trust me.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t think there are many players that are too worried about Simmons side of this, his actions have been that bad.

But this is a second all star caliber player who wanted out in…3 years? That’s not a good sign

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler IMO wanted to be "the guy." That was the root of his problems. And he was never going to be "the guy" with Embiid and Simmons, so he wanted out. He also didn't like Brett Brown.

I do think Philly messed up by not finding a way to keep Butler in the fold, even if it meant firing Brown, which they wound up doing a year later anyway.

But I am not sure either situation is really indicative of a toxic culture or players not wanting to play for the Sixers. If anything, I think part of the toxic culture is Simmons himself.

The way he was coddled, and his lack of progression, created a bad situation in which you had a star player who was clearly hurting the team and its spacing on the floor, and creating more dysfunction and difficulties for the other players.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let him hold out and go to war with what we have. Enough of this crap already. He signed a contract, he shit the bed in the playoffs. Doc spoke the truth about his performance.

No one is disputing that Doc spoke the truth of course. The question for some is whether he should have kept his mouth shut and just quietly moved behind the scenes to trade Simmons. Instead Doc answered a question honestly by saying he was not sure if Simmons could remain the team's PG!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Hield/Hallibuton deal improves the team to being a conference finalist. Hell they were conference finalist last year if not for Simmons historically bad free throw shooting.

There would also be some sweet justice of sending Simmons to the wilderness known as Sacramento

Yeah, if the team is a 4 or 5 seed in the East without Simmons and adding no one else, then a trade that improves them a couple of spots gets them a 2 or 3 seed which is ECF territory. They wouldn't be favored to come out of the East, but with a break or 2, they could get to the finals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t think there are many players that are too worried about Simmons side of this, his actions have been that bad.

It isn’t just Simmons.

If it were, you would be right.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is…

The 6ers should be very concerned about their image with the players here.

Butler already clowned them about a terrible culture. Now Simmons is refusing to play for them.

While it is easy to clown Ben, this is a very bad look for the 6ers too.

Sorry Philly fans, but if Simmons’ trade value is as low as some here are making it out to be, the Embiid championship window could be officially closed.

Their problem is they are built around a 5 who is relatively injury prone. They need a guard (ahem Butler) to take over as the 1 or Co 1 from Embiid. Simmons isn't a good fit with Joel regardless of Ben's issues.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if the team is a 4 or 5 seed in the East without Simmons and adding no one else, then a trade that improves them a couple of spots gets them a 2 or 3 seed which is ECF territory. They wouldn't be favored to come out of the East, but with a break or 2, they could get to the finals.

While losing Simmons hurts, Embiid staying healthy is far more important to the outlook of the team.

If Maxey can step up and be a reasonably effective ball handler then the team should be pretty good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... don't know about that. It's possible but I'm guessing that most players around the league see Simmons as a little bitch who shit the bed in the playoffs and starting crying when he was called out for it.

True to a point. They may see how Ben is acting, but they also won't forget that things started turning ugly when the organizations best player and head coach threw him under the bus and the FO never corrected them or tried to walk anything back.

But they definitely come off better than they would if Ben acted like an adult.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True to a point. They may see how Ben is acting, but they also won't forget that things started turning ugly when the organizations best player and head coach threw him under the bus and the FO never corrected them or tried to walk anything back.

But they definitely come off better than they would if Ben acted like an adult.

The thing is, the entire world watched him refuse to dunk the ball from underneath the basket. They all saw him shoot 31% from the stripe. And to be honest, if I had to guess I would say that Ben's image across the league was not that great before these playoffs. He's a player with absurd God given abilities who is squandering it because whatever reason.

Ben is acting like he is the first player to ever be publicly criticized for shitting the bed. While I think that Doc screwed up and should have done more to walk back his statements, at the the same time, Ben needs to put his big boy pants on and take ownership of his performance.

What has he done to show that he has learned and working to improve his game? Release another round of sizzle reels showing him take 3 pointers in an open gym?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a Hield/Hallibuton deal improves the team to being a conference finalist. Hell they were conference finalist last year if not for Simmons historically bad free throw shooting.

There would also be some sweet justice of sending Simmons to the wilderness known as Sacramento
Who closes on that team? That’s where Embiid needs help and what the Sixers lack. That’s why they need a Dame or Beal. They need a guy who can take control down the stretch and get buckets consistently when the defense knows it’s coming. At times, Embiid and Harris have been able to do this but not consistently. That’s why I don’t think the Sac deal makes them a true contender. Just my opinion.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who closes on that team? That’s where Embiid needs help and what the Sixers lack. That’s why they need a Dame or Beal. They need a guy who can take control down the stretch and get buckets consistently when the defense knows it’s coming. At times, Embiid and Harris have been able to do this but not consistently. That’s why I don’t think the Sac deal makes them a true contender. Just my opinion.
Sexton can close on offense.

he really can. I think he would be the perfect fit if Beal or Dame are not available. The guy can get 22 points in his sleep while being efficient.