• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Philly could include Shake Milton as a throw-in? I like Sacto as a trade partner here but I'm just not a Hield fan. He's got some age on him and has had a bit of an attitude in the past.
Wouldn’t you have an attitude if you were stuck in Sacto for your whole career? That would suck! Mccollum or Hield/another player would be fine BUT younger players with a higher ceiling is what they are going for since they won’t get a star. I still think they need to make it a priority to get a true PG.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield wouldn't do much for me. Any trade with Sacramento I would think has to include Haliburton and Davion Michell as a starting point. Obviously more to match salaries (Hield, Bagley, Tris, or whomever)...
I don’t know that Bagley can play any role with the Sixers outside of maybe being a bench guy like Harrell. Meh. I like Halliburton but you need shooting around Embiid. Hield Curry Green constitutes some solid 3 pt shooting. I like Mitchell but I think Maxey already has better NBA ready offensive game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t you have an attitude if you were stuck in Sacto for your whole career? That would suck! Mccollum or Hield/another player would be fine BUT younger players with a higher ceiling is what they are going for since they won’t get a star. I still think they need to make it a priority to get a true PG.
If they go for picks or for young guys who have to grow up…I’m pissed. Embiid’s next trip down the floor could be his last. This move has to be about maximizing his window. It’s about 3 years max of him being the best 5 in basketball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can do better and younger. Not saying CJ wouldn't be good bc he is underrated but they still need a PG and have a hole there. Maybe Maxey is the PG of the future but I can see why they wanted Fox or Lillard. They need a guy that can play pick n roll with Embiid but CAN shoot lol. I think Sexton would be a good fit, probably would have to give up a little more than Sexton which I would have an issue with...I don't want Simmons on the Cavs though.

DLo another option but I'm not sure how Sixers fan feel about that.

McCollum is a point guard.

He has just played most of his minutes off the ball because he is paired with Lillard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCollum is a point guard.

He has just played most of his minutes off the ball because he is paired with Lillard.
Sure, combo guard…you think he is going to play PG for Philly if he was traded? Not very likely. Then you have Curry and Mccollum out there which is not very good defensively. If they move Curry that move makes more sense

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go for picks or for young guys who have to grow up…I’m pissed. Embiid’s next trip down the floor could be his last. This move has to be about maximizing his window. It’s about 3 years max of him being the best 5 in basketball.
I’m not saying 1 or 2 year guys…go for a guy like Fox, his caliber but still 24/25. Going to be tough but it seems like that is their plan. I’m not saying Mccollum or Hield would be a bad trade, they would fine. Both would help the team more than Simmons but they seem fo want more than that lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying 1 or 2 year guys…go for a guy like Fox, his caliber but still 24/25. Going to be tough but it seems like that is their plan. I’m not saying Mccollum or Hield would be a bad trade, they would fine. Both would help the team more than Simmons but they seem fo want more than that lol
Agree on wanting more. For the record, I would value Fox over McCollum or most of the other names being mentioned but it looks like the Kings aren’t going to be offering that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on wanting more. For the record, I would value Fox over McCollum or most of the other names being mentioned but it looks like the Kings aren’t going to be offering that.
It seems like SAC or MIN are the best trade partners but with SAC not willing to part with Fox and MIN probably only option is offering DLo isn’t ideal. Would you take Hield, another player and picks?
I really don’t see Mccollum being moved but you never know.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like SAC or MIN are the best trade partners but with SAC not willing to part with Fox and MIN probably only option is offering DLo isn’t ideal. Would you take Hield, another player and picks?
I really don’t see Mccollum being moved but you never know.
McCollum being moved would be Portland’s attempt to keep Dame in the fold. It may not be the thing that takes them next level but it’s at least a different attempt to do so. Simmons won’t take shots from him. Simmons had more assists on 3 pt buckets than any other player in the regular season last year. He also makes them a better defensive team immediately and that’s something Portland lacks. That’s why I can see that deal getting done.

From Sacramento I would take the deal @bksballer89 suggested earlier with Halliburton and Hield. I don’t want shit to do with Russell in Minnesota.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCollum being moved would be Portland’s attempt to keep Dame in the fold. It may not be the thing that takes them next level but it’s at least a different attempt to do so. Simmons won’t take shots from him. Simmons had more assists on 3 pt buckets than any other player in the regular season last year. He also makes them a better defensive team immediately and that’s something Portland lacks. That’s why I can see that deal getting done.

From Sacramento I would take the deal @bksballer89 suggested earlier with Halliburton and Hield. I don’t want shit to do with Russell in Minnesota.
Agree Hield and Haliburton would be a nice return, dont see it happening though

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, combo guard…you think he is going to play PG for Philly if he was traded? Not very likely. Then you have Curry and Mccollum out there which is not very good defensively. If they move Curry that move makes more sense

Of course he would play point.

Who else?

McCollum would be a PG on 80% of NBA teams

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he would play point.

Who else?

McCollum would be a PG on 80% of NBA teams

hes a good fit on Philly.

the question is if like mccollum, little and 2 firsts gets it done

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox for Simmons and how many firsts?

Fox is awesome and Simmons sucks. I see why the Kings won't do it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben ain't worth it but it's SAC so

Ben would almost certainly turn Sacto from a lottery team to a playoff team. Ben may be a liability in the playoffs but if you are Sactown, he offers you a great opportunity to elevate your team to a playoff team. While conventional wisdom is that you tank till you hit it big, the Kings have been pretty bad for a long while. I would imagine the ownership would be pretty thrilled with a 6 seed.

I'm also hearing rumors that the Cavs might be interested in getting Ben. No idea what they would offer but presumably one of Sexton/Garland and some other pieces.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben would almost certainly turn Sacto from a lottery team to a playoff team. Ben may be a liability in the playoffs but if you are Sactown, he offers you a great opportunity to elevate your team to a playoff team. While conventional wisdom is that you tank till you hit it big, the Kings have been pretty bad for a long while. I would imagine the ownership would be pretty thrilled with a 6 seed.

I'm also hearing rumors that the Cavs might be interested in getting Ben. No idea what they would offer but presumably one of Sexton/Garland and some other pieces.

i just don’t love the fox/Simmons mix.

but frankly sac has been so bad and hopeless and inept that you figure it out