• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Procedural grounds…
Let’s hope that the Sixers have been good at documenting refusals to cooperate and hang him on a technicality because this sets a path for abuse of a very serious issue…very bad for the optics for the NBA. They need to make this look like a punt of the actual issue. The first time a player gets an award returned to him it needs to be a situation where the employer doesn’t have a dispute with the player and it looks like it’s benevolent and it’s “hey, we would be helping him rehab any other on court injury. This is no different.” Blah blah blah. If it’s this one it just looks like someone gaming the system.
It’s not a technicality when they prove he violated the terms of his contract. Won’t be hard to do. Simmons is doing this thinking he has nothing to lose. That is how you think when all you care about is yourself.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not a technicality when they prove he violated the terms of his contract. Won’t be hard to do. Simmons is doing this thinking he has nothing to lose. That is how you think when all you care about is yourself.
Yeah man I get all that. If he has a real mental hang up on taking the court again as a Sixer he hasn’t violated his contract. It’s possible that he really had a mental health issue and that’s what will remain here. That chance of it being legit looks bad for the NBA. That’s why they need it to be a non-award that isn’t based on the actual issue (mental health absence means player gets paid) but instead some version of Ben not doing the process the right way.

The other side is that Klutch Sports has the same kind of high stakes impact. If Simmons loses and it comes out that Ben didn’t do this step this step or this step along the way, players around the league could hold that against Klutch for not doing their job in protecting his money as he made his play.

Either way, as the “Sixers Turns” is still better drama than any of this reality TV shit on these days.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons trying to destroy guaranteed contracts for all future players. Nice guy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons trying to destroy guaranteed contracts for all future players. Nice guy.
Yup, can't have guaranteed contracts if the emotional donkey show Ben put on counts as a "paid mental health absence."

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain’t just future players.. NBA is becoming more and more of a joke with the players running the show…

Herniated disk ? Lol the dude hasn’t played a game in forever.. lol.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain’t just future players.. NBA is becoming more and more of a joke with the players running the show…

Herniated disk ? Lol the dude hasn’t played a game in forever.. lol.

He’s taking injections for nothing?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s taking injections for nothing?
You’re asking me if I’m questioning the injury ? Lol. Who the f cares. The guy is a Putz!

Players like him would not have gotten the time of day in my time!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re asking me if I’m questioning the injury ? Lol. Who the f cares. The guy is a Putz!

Players like him would not have gotten the time of day in my time!
...because the league was monochromatic back then, lol?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...because the league was monochromatic back then, lol?
Whoa whoa whoa … I ain’t archaic now!

But team was first !

Now matter where you stood in league , team came first.

We were together way before season started , conditioning most important which today doesn’t exist. Execute in practice what you would do in game, clearly does not exist. Play hurt , hahah. What’s that?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A actually said something I agree with today. He asked for Ben Simmons to let everyone know what he did to supposedly hurt his back. He hypothesized that maybe he was riding in a car and hit a pot hole or something or perhaps slipped in the shower because we know he hadn’t been on a basketball court.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A actually said something I agree with today. He asked for Ben Simmons to let everyone know what he did to supposedly hurt his back. He hypothesized that maybe he was riding in a car and hit a pot hole or something or perhaps slipped in the shower because we know he hadn’t been on a basketball court.
And it continues, Kendrick Perkins then says that Simmons folded on both ends of the court last year and asked how he was going to stop Tatum or Derozen if he couldn’t even slow down Trey Young last year. Stephen A then says hey Perk, don’t you know. He tweaked his back in that series!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it continues, Kendrick Perkins then says that Simmons folded on both ends of the court last year and asked how he was going to stop Tatum or Derozen if he couldn’t even slow down Trey Young last year. Stephen A then says hey Perk, don’t you know. He tweaked his back in that series!

If you find yourself watching Stephen A...it's probably time to turn off the tv and go do something outside.

I had that choice recently and ended up rebuilding and staining my side gate instead. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you find yourself watching Stephen A...it's probably time to turn off the tv and go do something outside.

I had that choice recently and ended up rebuilding and staining my side gate instead. lol
It’s good for a laugh every now and then

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant just called Simmons a bitch.

This is getting even sweeter.:rofl:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa whoa … I ain’t archaic now!

But team was first !

Now matter where you stood in league , team came first.

We were together way before season started , conditioning most important which today doesn’t exist. Execute in practice what you would do in game, clearly does not exist. Play hurt , hahah. What’s that?
Team was first because players had no rights and pay was far more limited.

Difficult to say conditioning doesn't exist when you big names like Kobe and Lebron are well known for the workout regimen, offseason and during. The money has made players less likely to play hurt and risk further injury.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team was first because players had no rights and pay was far more limited.

Difficult to say conditioning doesn't exist when you big names like Kobe and Lebron are well known for the workout regimen, offseason and during. The money has made players less likely to play hurt and risk further injury.

Even more so, the money has made it so the team doesn’t want to player to play hurt.

It is in everyone’s best interest for injured players to get healthy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more so, the money has made it so the team doesn’t want to player to play hurt.

It is in everyone’s best interest for injured players to get healthy.

In the long run they likely play just as many games. With longer careers.