• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he coming back?

I know he wants a third ring, and he probably doesn't want this season remembered as his last, but he's not getting younger. I seems to me that he could play well for a couple more years, but obviously, it's not my call.

There are report of him coming back, but I'm not really expecting an extension offer yet. If the '19 season is going well and things look promising I think both sides will try to work something out for one more...if the season is like this past yr...Ben will call it a career...maybe there is a HC change.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a bit of a leap to say they're screwed no matter what because we simply don't know what the next guy(s) will bring or what the roster will look like, but I get the sentiment. Who knows, Rudolph could stink for a year, they get a top 10 pick and then have another Ben fall in their laps and it's 2004 all over again.

Regardless of what happens, though, I think we all can expect the transition from Ben to a successor to be a rough one barring something bizarre happening. There's almost certainly going to need to be some form of roster/coaching staff turnover throughout the process.

The Good...Ben gives you a chance to win every game you play.

The Reality...Ben is still good, but needs a better DEF around him to win a title.

If Ben does call it quits after this next season, I would anticipate a change at HC and a top 10-15 type draft position in 2021. Without Ben and this DEF...6 wins might be aggressive.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good...Ben gives you a chance to win every game you play.

The Reality...Ben is still good, but needs a better DEF around him to win a title.

If Ben does call it quits after this next season, I would anticipate a change at HC and a top 10-15 type draft position in 2021. Without Ben and this DEF...6 wins might be aggressive.
Yep. I think the first year or so after they're in that 5-7 win range depending on what's left and who takes over.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get rid of Ben, then what? Who's going to be our QB? lol. Let's talk about putting that stupid yip-infested kicker out to pasture along with that bone headed coach. Sick of those two bungholes.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh. Kind of concerned about all the people burying Ben already and wanting to move on. IMO I fully trust Rudolph to handle the starting job if Ben isn't healthy, but I don't think its time to discard Ben completely just yet. We got a great glimpse of the future, but its not time to pull that plug.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleh. Kind of concerned about all the people burying Ben already and wanting to move on. IMO I fully trust Rudolph to handle the starting job if Ben isn't healthy, but I don't think its time to discard Ben completely just yet. We got a great glimpse of the future, but its not time to pull that plug.

My guess...MIA week 8 is probably the earliest we see Ben. Hope I'm wrong, but elbow.

Rudolph is the man now...looked ok at home...this week in SF will be a tougher test, but I didn't see that deer in the headlights look....everybody has to pick up their play around him.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what I've seen from Rudolph but I haven't seen enough to have any sort of confidence in him. IMHO this is terrible news until it isn't. If that makes sense.

What a shit-show this season is turning out to be.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we got a glimpse of the possible future, lots of guys show potential in 1/2 a game work........but yeah we need ben..........unless they vastly turned things around , this was a lost season already.......sad to say.........but no doubt bens the best option

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what I've seen from Rudolph but I haven't seen enough to have any sort of confidence in him. IMHO this is terrible news until it isn't. If that makes sense.

Yesterday was bitter, but being a NFC game they can still recover. The problem is how.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even know if you can classify it as a rebuild right now with how fast things turned south. This was supposed to be within a SB window. But without Ben, I don't know how anyone could feel confident in saying this team is still contending. Best case they put together 3-4 wins over the next 6-8 weeks until Ben returns, putting them within contention.

@SF
vsCIN
vsBAL
@LAC
BYE - WEEK 7
vsMIA
vsIND

These are the games they are looking at (best case) starting Rudolph. I see maybe 3 wins, and that's a HUGE stretch given the status of the inept coaching right now. So by week 10 they could very well be 3-5 or 2-6, lol. Fortunately for them, the schedule gets softer from weeks 11 to 17.

W10 - vsLAR
@CLE
@CIN
vsCLE
@ARI
vsBUF
@NYJ
@BAL

If they can rattle off 6-7 wins in that stretch then they could pull themselves back in it. But its gonna be a scary ride.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess...MIA week 8 is probably the earliest we see Ben. Hope I'm wrong, but elbow.

Rudolph is the man now...looked ok at home...this week in SF will be a tougher test, but I didn't see that deer in the headlights look....everybody has to pick up their play around him.[/QUOTE

Not too worry Bradshaw II will be back quicker than anyone thinks.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is done.

Tomlin statement on Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his right elbow Sunday evening and it was determined by the Steelers’ medical team that surgery will be required. We expect the surgery will be scheduled for this week. He will be placed on our Reserve/Injured List and is out for the season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... We done

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben is done.

Tomlin statement on Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his right elbow Sunday evening and it was determined by the Steelers’ medical team that surgery will be required. We expect the surgery will be scheduled for this week. He will be placed on our Reserve/Injured List and is out for the season.
giphy.gif

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was gonna have to happen sooner or later.

Same way TB12 went out, just shut it down this time, and don't let him think he can make a come back.

Hopefully either Mason is the guy, or we suck enough to draft THE GUY.

I can't handle 2 straight decades of shitty QB's again.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many years wasted, just spinning the mediocre wheels under Tomlin. And now he's done. What a tragedy full of missed opportunities.