• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell unlikely to report

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers Salary Cap | Over the Cap

And you still didn't answer the question......

Just because you don't like part of the question didn't mean that part of the question wasnt asked.....you can't just suddenly negate it.

But I see you'd rather cherry pick to try and make your case. Well your case is moot.
If you want to be bells white knight, call Elway and demand to sign him.

Come back in another couple hours when you have something worth a shit.

Are you talking to question as to why Bell didn’t sign last year? You claim that I seem to know so much about what Bell wants and yet I’m just going by what he has come out and said. I’m not getting on anything whereas you are because you have no facts to back up what you’re saying where my facts are what Bell has said himself.

Plus I’m not Bell I can’t answer that, why don’t you ask him? All we can do is go by what he says and he said he wasn’t happy with the contract he was offered. Now unless you have the general manager on speed dial to ask him if that’s true or not you don’t know.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking to question as to why Bell didn’t sign last year? You claim that I seem to know so much about what Bell wants and yet I’m just going by what he has come out and said. I’m not getting on anything whereas you are because you have no facts to back up what you’re saying where my facts are what Bell has said himself.

Plus I’m not Bell I can’t answer that, why don’t you ask him? All we can do is go by what he says and he said he wasn’t happy with the contract he was offered. Now unless you have the general manager on speed dial to ask him if that’s true or not you don’t know.

Like anything bell says is factual......

Or would you like me to Piss on your picnic there also????

Like I said, maybe could of had a decent discussion about it, but you got all triggered on shit. So hey, I don't give a shit what you or bell think.......I'll give you a shout when the Ask Mr Know it All show is needed.....

Until then

giphy (1).gif

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus while yes he did miss out on a year he also doesn’t have another year on his body where he touches the ball 400+ times and gets hit 400+ times. Whoever signs him next year is basically getting a running back one year younger than what he actually is because he doesn’t have that extra wear and tear on his body.

I dunno how old you are, but you must be pretty young to think a year doing nothing doesn't mean your body still doesn't age...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno how old you are, but you must be pretty young to think a year doing nothing doesn't mean your body still doesn't age...

Of course you still age but you can’t honestly tell me that a year of getting hit 400+ times is the exact same on your body as sitting out.

Maximus Rex

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,357.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still ages but you can’t honestly tell me that year getting hit 400+ times is the exact same on your body as sitting out.

No, my only point was that it's not like he's "a year younger" is all I was saying.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've decided his agent was in charge of when he reports. And his agent had the stipulation of LB dropping clean, for him, before that could happen.

Year long suspension heading into FA would be real bad.

Only thing that makes sense to me, so I'm going to keep thinking it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he felt they lowballed him. He feels he’s worth more than what was offered and wasn’t just going to sign what he felt was a low offer. With how many reps the Steelers gave him(and they worked him a shit load) he thought he was worth more.

Plus while yes he did miss out on a year he also doesn’t have another year on his body where he touches the ball 400+ times and gets hit 400+ times. Whoever signs him next year is basically getting a running back one year younger than what he actually is because he doesn’t have that extra wear and tear on his body.

This might be the dumbest comment in SportsHoopla history.

"Is basically getting a RB one year younger." The fuck is that comment about? Wait wait, so I haven't ever played in the NFL and am in my mid 30s, so by your logic I'm a 20 year old person?

Bell should've taken the $15M which is a fuck ton of money for his position (at least 2 years in the most valuable part of his lifespan since once he hits 30 NOBODY will pay him). He's going to get pennies on the dollar because every team in the NFL will now 100% realize that a future HOF QB, the best WR in the league, a great 2nd WR, and a top 5 OL is keeping his career alive. Jesus Christ as a slow white man I could get 2 (okay okay 1.8) YPC behind that offense. Connor and Bell's stupid ass agent (Adisa Bakari ZERO surprise) literally lost this OVERWEIGHT douche nozzle millions.

Bell is a fuckin' idiot. And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he's claiming racism and onboarding with Colin Douchernick.

Last edited:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Is basically getting a RB one year younger." The fuck is that comment about? Wait wait, so I haven't ever played in the NFL and am in my mid 30s, so by your logic I'm a 20 year old person?

Bell should've taken the $15M which is a fuck ton of money for his position (at least 2 years in the most valuable part of his lifespan since once he hits 30 NOBODY will pay him). He's going to get pennies on the dollar because every team in the NFL will now 100% realize that a future HOF QB, the best WR in the league, a great 2nd WR, and a top 5 OL is keeping his career alive. Jesus Christ as a slow white man I could get 2 (okay okay 1.8) YPC behind that offense. Connor and Bell's stupid ass agent (Adisa Bakari ZERO surprise) literally lost this OVERWEIGHT douche nozzle millions.

Bell is a fuckin' idiot. And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he's claiming racism and onboarding with Colin Douchernick.

What I meant and clearly said was he doesn’t have the wear and tear on him that a running back of his age normally does because he sat out this year.

When you touch the ball and get hit as many times as he does because the Steelers feed him a lot that takes a toll on your body. So whoever signs him next year is getting him fresh off a year where that didn’t happen.

You ask any running back in history if they’d rather go through a year where they get hit 400 times or if they’re ok with taking a year off and not putting that abuse on their body(and not the result of an injury) and they’re going to choose that option every single time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ask any running back in history if they’d rather go through a year where they get hit 400 times or if they’re ok with taking a year off and not putting that abuse on their body(and not the result of an injury) and they’re going to choose that option every single time.

Yah pretty sure I'd choose the option where I was paid $15 fucking million.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0bf5bc70-4e0f-4394-8cfd-4212370ca753_560_420_kindlephoto-15109889.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Steelers: "So Bell, you playin"?
Bell: "No way, this year I'll take zero dollars, that`ll teach you"!
Steelers: "Ummmm, ok"!

This is probably Bell's only chance in his career to get a huge signing bonus, which would have been more than the money he would've made this year by far. You can't blame a RB for wanting to get that before he risks his career, which could end on any given play (especially at RB).

That said, Connor f***ed him. Bell thought the Steelers would cave or trade him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all things compared (including cost between Conner & Bell) If I were the Steelers I would take Conner.
what about in 3 years when Conner wants that same money?
steelers got lucky and struck gold in Conner:suds:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about in 3 years when Conner wants that same money?
steelers got lucky and struck gold in Conner:suds:

But it's not just Conner, just like it wasn't all bell.....

The top ranked offensive line helps that a good bit.

:suds:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably Bell's only chance in his career to get a huge signing bonus, which would have been more than the money he would've made this year by far. You can't blame a RB for wanting to get that before he risks his career, which could end on any given play (especially at RB).

That said, Connor f***ed him. Bell thought the Steelers would cave or trade him.
I'm glad the Steelers didn't cave. They played by the rules negotiated by the NFLPA and Bell doesn't want to honor that so fuck him. I hope the Steelers slap a transition tag on him and make him squirm a bit.