• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick's coaching tree....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick’s daughter hopes to change rep of dad’s coaching tree
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 13, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
I hope she can coach, because she looks like Pops and that can't be good for a social life..:D
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptm4mde1zthkmtfjotawmtc1nzyzy2y2nzhkzgnjmgnl.jpeg
AP
Perhaps Bill Belichick’s family tree will turn out better than his coaching tree.

As point out by Peter King of The MMQB.com, Belichick’s daughter Amanda was named women’s lacrosse coach at Holy Cross last week.
Romeo Crennel did coax a 10-win season out of the Browns in 2007 (equalling Belichick’s winning seasons in Cleveland), but his 28-55 overall record with the Browns and Chiefs takes some of the shine off that achievement.

Eric Mangini had one winning season in five years (33-47) with the Jets and Browns, and Josh McDaniels (11-17) never got that far with the Broncos.

Those three combined for a 72-119 record (.378).

Of course, Texans coach Bill O’Brien has shown some promise, but until he finds a quarterback, it’s going to be hard to sustain what he’s built so far.

Bill Belichicks daughter hopes to change rep of dads coaching tree | ProFootballTalk

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of coordinators that can't be the head honcho on that list.

I would say with how the NFL functions these days it is harder than ever to make it as a head coach. They usually give you about 2 years to really prove yourself before moving on and really in my opinion a coach shouldn't be fired before their first draft has come and gone as building a team for success takes time. The reason somebody is usually taking over a team is because they did terrible. Rarely do we see a team have success and fire a coach giving the next coach a great situation to walk into so again the lack of patience is why I think you see so many of these guys failing.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say with how the NFL functions these days it is harder than ever to make it as a head coach. They usually give you about 2 years to really prove yourself before moving on and really in my opinion a coach shouldn't be fired before their first draft has come and gone as building a team for success takes time. The reason somebody is usually taking over a team is because they did terrible. Rarely do we see a team have success and fire a coach giving the next coach a great situation to walk into so again the lack of patience is why I think you see so many of these guys failing.

True, but it is hard to gauge because you have a successful OC like Marchibroda that got like 3 tries at HC and bombed everytime, and then Carroll bombs 3 times but lands on his feet in Seattle and is top 3 in the league...
Guys like Cameron, McDaniels, Turner, all great OC's but couldn't cut it as HC....
I'm not sold on Kubes as HC either, great OC, but not so much as HC, we'll see !!
He looks like the twin of a friend of mine so I guess that's why I auto like the guy though...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it is hard to gauge because you have a successful OC like Marchibroda that got like 3 tries at HC and bombed everytime, and then Carroll bombs 3 times but lands on his feet in Seattle and is top 3 in the league...
Guys like Cameron, McDaniels, Turner, all great OC's but couldn't cut it as HC....
I'm not sold on Kubes as HC either, great OC, but not so much as HC, we'll see !!
He looks like the twin of a friend of mine so I guess that's why I auto like the guy though...

It is true it is a fine line for a team to walk. I just think all too often a FO will give up on a coach before they actually get the players that fit what they want to do in place. Others walk into a situation that is just down right bad. Such as that of the Raiders over the last 10 years. I think you could have stuck BB with the Raiders and they still would have lost because of how terrible that FO has been at managing the team. I don't know why any OC/DC or whatever would want to go there as it is where careers go to die for players and coaches.

I would also be one that I would never take a guy that has never been a HC before. Rarely has a coach had success. You guys lucked out with Harbaugh but that is very rare anymore to see a guy at his first gig have such success. It is why I am actually excited to see what Kubiak second time around can do. He took over a terrible Houston team and helped to build one of the stronger rosters for a couple of years before his final year that the whole team just imploded.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true it is a fine line for a team to walk. I just think all too often a FO will give up on a coach before they actually get the players that fit what they want to do in place. Others walk into a situation that is just down right bad. Such as that of the Raiders over the last 10 years. I think you could have stuck BB with the Raiders and they still would have lost because of how terrible that FO has been at managing the team. I don't know why any OC/DC or whatever would want to go there as it is where careers go to die for players and coaches.

I would also be one that I would never take a guy that has never been a HC before. Rarely has a coach had success. You guys lucked out with Harbaugh but that is very rare anymore to see a guy at his first gig have such success. It is why I am actually excited to see what Kubiak second time around can do. He took over a terrible Houston team and helped to build one of the stronger rosters for a couple of years before his final year that the whole team just imploded.

All good points....I had never heard of John Harbaugh until he interviewed for the HC job here....And yes we were fortunate, he came from a coaching family and had been working under Andy Reid for some years...
Funny thing is, Ozzie wanted Jason Garrett first and he decided to stay in Dallas....
Man was I glad, I didn't know Harbs but I did know I didn't want Opie Taylor here as our new HC....
It's all a roll of the dice, like the draft, especially when they have to win quick no matter how bad the players and FO are.....Our opener in Denver will be an interesting game, to see how Kubes staff does against a team that knows his style and him very well, and how his OC does with the brain PM under center, could be great, could be train wreck.....Interesting though...I'll say this, if Kubes can't make a run with all that talent and the smartest qb in the biz, this could be his last ride !!

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree with the bolded part. Jason Garrett is a pretty decent example of this. His first two years in Dallas were pretty lackluster while he was coaching Wade Phillips era cast offs. I was ready for him to be gone, but Jerry Jones stuck with his guy -- glad to admit I was wrong about Garrett. It's starting to pay dividends now as Garrett gets more and more of his type of players on the roster, and he has done it through the draft with 4 excellent drafts out of the past 5. The team plays hard for Garrett every snap of every game -- I think that is very telling of how the players feel about Garrett.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Bellichek's had decent assistants at what they do while in New England but give them their own coaching job and they end up being terrible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Bellichek's had decent assistants at what they do while in New England but give them their own coaching job and they end up being terrible.

I would say a big part of this is so many of them try to do "The Patriot" way elsewhere. That only works with a guy like BB who has that authoritative presence that players respect. A new guy coming in has to earn that so players just don't like the new guy coming in wanting to change everything day 1. It is why I think O'Brien is the one I can see having success in he went to the college level with Penn State first and learned his own coaching style before joining in on the NFL.