• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beer

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drank a Coors about 2 years ago and thought it was about as nasty as they come.

2018_DirtyBastard_Featured.jpg

This is one of my favs.

If I am drinking a pilsner I like the Leinenkugels. Summer Shandy.
Founders is one of my faborite. I still have some CBS in the basement and was able to get 3 cases of KBS this year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had one of these in forever so I don't even remember what they taste like. We went to Australia last year for a couple weeks and it was nearly impossible to find this brand. I thought for sure it was their version of budweiser or Corona, but that is far from the truth. Crown Lager and Carlton Draught seemed to be what they mainly had everywhere.

Never tried that. Is it any good?

Anybody?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is serious shit here fellas.. Drank Budweiser most of my life. I know for a fact it's watered down compared to the old school German beer it was made to be years ago. InBev has watered it down I know for a fact.

Anyone know of a good brew that's comparable to old school Budweiser? I know the grain is rice.. Water, Barley Malt, Rice, Yeast, Hops.

Fuck InBev. Bastards don't even make old school Michelob anywhere and stick to Michelob ultra for the gays

Lowenbrau.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fosters? I was convinced by Australians that it must not be any good.

It's been a long time, but the local beer place had a pallet of Adelaide Lager come in. I think I ended up buying about 90% of what they had, and they never got it again. I found it at an Aussie bar in Aspen, but that's all.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to drink "Bud Heavy" after hockey to rehydrate, because it's so much like water.

I've abandoned all those watery, foreign-owned beers. (The largest American owned brewery is now Sam Adams.)

My go-to bottle beer for home is Harpoon IPA, made in Boston. If I go out, which I do a lot, my first choice is the local craft beer on tap. The girlfriend and I always choose a brewpub when available.

This has been my favorite for years:

arrogant_bastard-converted.png

It's pretty good in cans or bottles. I have only had it on tap in a couple of places, none around here.

You're not going to find your one and only, Best Beer Forever brew among craft beers. They keep changing up what they're brewing, so drink up while you can. Bars, in particular, fall victim to predatory marketing and end up "rotating the kegs" and getting rid of the ones you like in favor of the ones where they make more profit.

But, that's what I like about craft beers. It's a new glass from a new keg every time.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to alternate beers. I like Miller, Coors, and Bud for occasional guzzling, but normally I prefer brews such as Corona, Blue Moon, Bass, Dos Equis, and even Yeungling that are creamier, heavier and have some flavor.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to drink "Bud Heavy" after hockey to rehydrate, because it's so much like water.

I've abandoned all those watery, foreign-owned beers. (The largest American owned brewery is now Sam Adams.)

My go-to bottle beer for home is Harpoon IPA, made in Boston. If I go out, which I do a lot, my first choice is the local craft beer on tap. The girlfriend and I always choose a brewpub when available.

This has been my favorite for years:

arrogant_bastard-converted.png

It's pretty good in cans or bottles. I have only had it on tap in a couple of places, none around here.

You're not going to find your one and only, Best Beer Forever brew among craft beers. They keep changing up what they're brewing, so drink up while you can. Bars, in particular, fall victim to predatory marketing and end up "rotating the kegs" and getting rid of the ones you like in favor of the ones where they make more profit.

But, that's what I like about craft beers. It's a new glass from a new keg every time.

Stone Brewing Company, another great American beer company.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller light > bud light

Light beer sucks in general, but bud light is definitely the worst I’ve ever had. It doesn’t even taste like beer.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone Brewing Company, another great American beer company.

Arrogant Bastard is now made by Arrogant Brewing. Officially, it's been split off from Stone for a while now. I think the same people run both companies. I don't know what happened. It may be that Arrogant Bastard was dominating other Stone products and they wanted to keep making other Stone beers. It may be that they no longer had enough capacity to brew as much Arrogant Bastard as people wanted.

Arrogant Bastard is being brewed by other companies, which gives me more reason to believe that they're having issues with brewing capacity.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Light beer sucks in general, but bud light is definitely the worst I’ve ever had. It doesn’t even taste like beer.

Fucking well water = Bud light

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunch time went and got some new shit..

This shit out of Cali is really good. Blonde ale
Pranqster-bottle-and-pour.png

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also got this one. Everyone in Dallas swear by it.. Problem is with both of these brews, they come in a 4 pack. :L

But good shit

009.JPG

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I went to watch the Giants in spring training I found this beer

A8B4FADE-3F15-4CA9-A424-76A40C558FF6.jpeg

Brewed by Four Peaks. Found I can get it here in Southern California.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is with both of these brews, they come in a 4 pack. :L

Both Dogfish 90 minute and Dogfish 120 minute come in 4-packs, too. They are high-alcohol brews. I'm not sure if there are laws that control that, but if you can still buy a case of 24, what difference does it make if the beer in the case is 4 six-packs or 6 4-packs? My guess is that the beer is so expensive that people are scared away when the price of a 6-pack is like $25.

Some of these "Imperial Ales" around here only come in 12-ounce glasses at a bar, not 16s or 20s like the rest of the tap beers. It's probably a good idea. I don't drink to get smashed.

Dogfish Brewery is in Delaware. Their Dogfish 60 is a good place to start. If you like it, move up to the 90 or 120. They've got a lot of seasonals, too.

I don't go for fruity beers at all.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been my go to beer - Dark Matter - when I feel like spending a little bit extra. Local'ish beer...

47e4edf52ca6f7216521885d437f01c4.jpg

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least you drink OK beer. I don't know why anyone still drinks the domestic beers....their only good use is when you're out on a boat or on an inner tube floating down a river and want something you can drink all day without getting hammered. If you want a pilsner, get a proper German pilsner and get a Weihenstephaner or hacker-pschorr.

Or just buy any of the bazillion craft beers now days, which almost all are better than anything you're going to get from a Miller or Bud.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogfish Brewery is in Delaware.

They used to have a great little bar associated with the brewery, with everything on tap. Old wood paneling, wood bar, wood tables and chairs. The food was pretty good, burgers and pizza and seafood plates. Then, they closed that and opened a bigger bar. It's all glass and chrome and very noisy. The menu was very limited. We talked with the manager and he admitted that the idea was to get food to the tables in 10 minutes or less. Everything had to be quick-prep stuff, basically fast food at restaurant prices. We never went back.