• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Chargers MNF!! In Game Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, it would be possible for Jay to win a Superbowl, worse QB's have, I would argue (along with Wood), Jay could never carry a team to a Superbowl victory, like a Montana or a Elway.

Edit: And even having a guy who can carry a team (Rodgers, arguably the best QB in the NFL) he has only won a single SB. Not like he's lighting post season on fire.

To be fair, Montana played on some unbelievably good Niner teams, and for a couple of HOF coaches.

And Elway never actually got one, until Terrell Davis arrived.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I can think of a single QB that "carried" his team to a ring??

Off the top of my head, at least?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Montana play that makes me think of Cutler was that leaping catch by Dwight Clark.

That was one helluva catch. :pound:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing, coaching and supporting roster have as much to do with the "Elite's" success as anything else. Most NFL QB's have the skillset AND the mindset to be "elite", but all the other stars don't align for whatever reason.

You really think Tom Brady goes on to be Tom Brady in ANY other scenario?

I agree completely. Theres a lot of factors involved that shape successes and failures of a skill position player- especially the QB. Some situations are more desirable than others, but how those come to be is often beyond the control of the QB. Its not a one size fits all, for sure.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is the "redone" at the 38 yardline? We can't believe you have not figured it out yet.....could you please take your psychopathic rants on to the General forum......we tire of your bullshit

Damn me for saying redone..... It as the 32 where he intercepted it, my bad,I thought it was inside the 20 when that happened.... So sue me.:rolleyes2:
Non-the-less it was just another pick for a td...... It still adds to his long list of habits that he has.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we can win a SB because of Jay, but I do think we can win one with Jay. If Trent fking Dilweed can get a ring then I believe any QB can. Disclaimer ( OK not Clauson ) But any other QB.

And I have said this too.

It would take a defense for the ages for Jay to win it.
Alas the Steel Curtain,85 Bears, the 99 Ravens,2013 Seahawks d that destroyed Manning.Other than that, its not happening in Chicago anytime soon.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing, coaching and supporting roster have as much to do with the "Elite's" success as anything else. Most NFL QB's have the skillset AND the mindset to be "elite", but all the other stars don't align for whatever reason.

You really think Tom Brady goes on to be Tom Brady in ANY other scenario?

What if the Niners took Rodgers No. 1 overall? Does he jump out of the gates being amazing, or does he flail and flounder through multiple coaches and coordinators, take such a beating that eventually his mindset is fucky...next ya know, he's traded to the Chiefs for Colin fucking Kaepernick!? :lol:

Skillset vs. Skillset, Jay matches up against any QB in the league. Can't say he's stupid either, as he's a Vandy grad with a high Wonderlick score, that's basically learned a new system every year he's been in the league.

I don't think it's the "will to win" or competitiveness either, as I think the majority of NFL players have that, or they wouldn't be there to begin with. I think it's a plethora of things, most of which are completely out of Jay's control.

I like the kid. I wish nothing but success for him. And I hope he's here next year. :shocked:

That's all hypothetical, we will never know.....

So what's out of Jays control?
Missed recs.?
Throwing picks?
He's been thru so many coaches and its till the same ol'story......

Like the kid?.... At one time when he first got here...... And I wish our qb well too, but leaves me shaking my head.

Lets see how he fares after these next couple of games coming up. Stl,Den and GB. Two great defenses and a team he seems to never beat....I'm betting you're gonna pull your hair out.