• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears @ Packers

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys could thank Matt Nagy as much as Aaron Rodgers.

One TD in the 2nd half and the Bears likely win.

3rd and 1, deep in the redzone, under 3 minutes, no timeouts for the Pack...hey let's throw a fade, and not give it to our bruising RB who had just spent the last 6 minutes running all over em'.

Then let's kick a fucking FG, so we can lose by 1. I would've gone for it there 100 times out of 100, but probably wouldn't even have had to, because Howard would've got the first on 3rd.

Kyle Fuller too. Thank him as well. Bet he didn't sleep a wink last nite.

goddamnitsomuch

a lotta woulda, shoulda and couldas in this post. Don't worry, the bears will get another chance to take it to the Packers.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he would've started with a quicker tempo. Maybe there was some arrogance but I think it was probably more attributed to overconfidence. Rodgers probably was a bit overconfident too.

Whatever it was, the Bears sure as hell slapped that out of them right away. And I think that slap was exactly what this whole team needed.

This is where I blame MM. They should always have the mind set that they are the underdog and play like they have a point to make. GB only has one playmaker on it. They need to prove themselves every snap.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lotta woulda, shoulda and couldas in this post. Don't worry, the bears will get another chance to take it to the Packers.

tenor.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in Clay Matthews roughing the passer on 4th down too.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys could thank Matt Nagy as much as Aaron Rodgers.

One TD in the 2nd half and the Bears likely win.

3rd and 1, deep in the redzone, under 3 minutes, no timeouts for the Pack...hey let's throw a fade, and not give it to our bruising RB who had just spent the last 6 minutes running all over em'.

Then let's kick a fucking FG, so we can lose by 1. I would've gone for it there 100 times out of 100, but probably wouldn't even have had to, because Howard would've got the first on 3rd.

Kyle Fuller too. Thank him as well. Bet he didn't sleep a wink last nite.

goddamnitsomuch

Yes indeed all good points but the fact is if Rodgers had his leg landed on created a 10 point swing in the favor of the Bears. If Rodgers was not hurt he would not have lost the ball deep in Bears territory and the Pack would have had a least a field goal. Then a few series later just before half Rodgers would not have thrown the ball into Macks stomach for a pick 6. Which created a 10 point swing to the Bear's favor.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes indeed all good points but the fact is if Rodgers had his leg landed on created a 10 point swing in the favor of the Bears. If Rodgers was not hurt he would not have lost the ball deep in Bears territory and the Pack would have had a least a field goal. Then a few series later just before half Rodgers would not have thrown the ball into Macks stomach for a pick 6. Which created a 10 point swing to the Bear's favor.
Well, in fairness, Kizer was actually moving the ball better than Rodgers was. Rodgers was struggling before being carted off.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I blame MM. They should always have the mind set that they are the underdog and play like they have a point to make. GB only has one playmaker on it. They need to prove themselves every snap.

Only one play maker is pretty blind sided. The Packers have some decent players that could start on many teams.

Most of the O line is above average
D Adams
Graham
Crosby
Cobb

On the D there are no Super Stars like Mack but Daniels, Clark, maybe WIlkerson will now step up playing with Pettine again, T Williams.

The quetions with the D is just how will they develop into the new system. It is hard to tell after 1/2 game against someone you had no tape on and when adjustments were made after seeing it for a half the second half was much better.

After game 1 the Packers have the 6th ranked defense in yards allowed at 294. There are a few games tonight yet but the Pack should still be in the top 10 after week 1 in yards allowed.

In points allowed they are ranked 14th but if Rodgers can stay healthy and can avoid the pick 6's they would be in the top 10 as well which is better than last year

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in fairness, Kizer was actually moving the ball better than Rodgers was. Rodgers was struggling before being carted off.

Rodgers was struggling early. The Bears were the cause of it. The Bears pass rush was in his face at the snap and receivers weren't getting open. You could tell he was getting pissed off.

I hate to say it, but the injury was probably exactly what Rodgers and McCarthy needed to get back in the game. It forced McCarthy to call plays that allowed Rodgers to get the ball out of his hands quicker and it forced Rodgers to get the ball out of his hands quicker. That higher tempo and quicker movement of the ball definitely wore out that Bears defense.

Looking back on it, the game could be perceived as textbook rope-a-dope.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one play maker is pretty blind sided. The Packers have some decent players that could start on many teams.

Most of the O line is above average
D Adams
Graham
Crosby
Cobb

On the D there are no Super Stars like Mack but Daniels, Clark, maybe WIlkerson will now step up playing with Pettine again, T Williams.

The quetions with the D is just how will they develop into the new system. It is hard to tell after 1/2 game against someone you had no tape on and when adjustments were made after seeing it for a half the second half was much better.

After game 1 the Packers have the 6th ranked defense in yards allowed at 294. There are a few games tonight yet but the Pack should still be in the top 10 after week 1 in yards allowed.

In points allowed they are ranked 14th but if Rodgers can stay healthy and can avoid the pick 6's they would be in the top 10 as well which is better than last year

I think your homerism is blurring your reality a bit. That above average Oline you’re talking about got their asses handed to them for the first half and change of play calling in the second half saved them further embarrassment. I’ve always been critical of the front line on both sides of the ball. GB hasn’t had a dominant defensive lineman since R. White.

I’ll hold comment on the rest of your selections.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your homerism is blurring your reality a bit. That above average Oline you’re talking about got their asses handed to them for the first half and change of play calling in the second half saved them further embarrassment. I’ve always been critical of the front line on both sides of the ball. GB hasn’t had a dominant defensive lineman since R. White.

I’ll hold comment on the rest of your selections.

My quote was most of the O line is above average. In the last 4 years after each season the Packers O line has ranked 7th, 5th, and 13th. At the start of this season they are ranked 9th. Below average would be being ranked below 17th and they are much better than that.

Tell me which O line starter right now that you would want to replace because they do a bad job?

When the starting O line is healthy they they are a good o line. The problem comes in if there are injuries because the depth at O line is not as good as it use to be

The Packers O line has been ranked above average since we have had out current left tackle. In 32 team league average is 16th or 17th

2018 - Ranked 9th NFL offensive line rankings: All 32 team's units entering 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2017 - Ranked 13th but the team used 14 different combinations with some injuries Ranking all 32 offensive lines from the 2017 NFL season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2016 Ranked 5th Ranking all 32 NFL offensive lines this season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2015 Ranked 7th Ranking all 32 offensive lines this season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My quote was most of the O line is above average. In the last 4 years after each season the Packers O line has ranked 7th, 5th, and 13th. At the start of this season they are ranked 9th. Below average would be being ranked below 17th and they are much better than that.

Tell me which O line starter right now that you would want to replace because they do a bad job?

When the starting O line is healthy they they are a good o line. The problem comes in if there are injuries because the depth at O line is not as good as it use to be

The Packers O line has been ranked above average since we have had out current left tackle. In 32 team league average is 16th or 17th

2018 - Ranked 9th NFL offensive line rankings: All 32 team's units entering 2018 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2017 - Ranked 13th but the team used 14 different combinations with some injuries Ranking all 32 offensive lines from the 2017 NFL season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2016 Ranked 5th Ranking all 32 NFL offensive lines this season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

2015 Ranked 7th Ranking all 32 offensive lines this season | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

You did watch how they struggled against Chicago rushing 4 last night. I would have to question those rankings mainly because #12 is behind center. I’m not saying they’re the worst but against better defenses they struggle to run or pass block. Which is an indicator to me that they’re average not above average. I will say they pass block better than they run block. All I’m saying is an above average oline would have protected Rodgers from the first snap but still had trouble even when they picked up the tempo. Just watch next week how this “above average” oline will struggle again against manny. Prediction: minny defense holds the Packers under 100 yards rushing.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin McCray had a terrible start to the game. I will reserve complete judgement until we see more than one game. Bakh had a great game as usual. Bulaga struggled with Mack early but did well late. Linsley missed a reach block and got someone hammered in the first half. I think I only heard Lane Taylor's name called once so thats fine.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on the win. AR is MVP this year if he keeps this up.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rodgers doesn’t play Sunday......GB will have no chance. That is all.