• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears game thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you played the in the same way that you say that you saw that play...:D

I have said on more than one occasion one of the coolest things about watching my nephews play was that they were playing at the same HS I played at only 40 years later. There is no truth to the rumor I played in a single wing offense. Close, a option offense. I also played CB …. at a whopping 130-135 lbs. I have even said I wore 43 because of Larry Brown. :suds:

After the Navy I played 5 years in a top flite PG County flag football league aka 7 on 7. I was a pass rusher during this time. I quit after that before I blew my good leg out. Good enough resume for you. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants are already 10 point favorites next week!
ELI is lobbying hard to play. Feels playing against the redskins could revitalize his career.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many TOs guys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game summary... "With the first pick in the 2020 NFL draft, Washington selects...:D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game summary... "With the first pick in the 2020 NFL draft, Washington selects...:D

You might be right. I think Miami is tanking for Tua, I think the Redskins are just losing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said on more than one occasion one of the coolest things about watching my nephews play was that they were playing at the same HS I played at only 40 years later. There is no truth to the rumor I played in a single wing offense. Close, a option offense. I also played CB …. at a whopping 130-135 lbs. I have even said I wore 43 because of Larry Brown. :suds:

After the Navy I played 5 years in a top flite PG County flag football league aka 7 on 7. I was a pass rusher during this time. I quit after that before I blew my good leg out. Good enough resume for you. :D

I'm not questioning the fact that you played the game, I'm certain that you did! I too played RB and CB and if you played anywhere close to the era in which I did, you already know that the first thing DB's were taught was to never let your guy get behind you! Now if you're honest, you also already know why that is and what advantages that playing that way give the defensive player. In today's game players routinely let receivers get behind them and the result is predictable.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day the players have to go out and play the game! Now if the coachges aren't putting them in position in order to maximize their talents, then the player have to speak up about that....Oh wait!:D

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not questioning the fact that you played the game, I'm certain that you did! I too played RB and CB and if you played anywhere close to the era in which I did, you already know that the first thing DB's were taught was to never let your guy get behind you! Now if you're honest, you also already know why that is and what advantages that playing that way give the defensive player. In today's game players routinely let receivers get behind them and the result is predictable.

Sty, we are about the same age. We played a different game at that time. You must have played zone, if you did you covered your zone and if a guy ran through it and kept going you did not leave your zone. Not to mention the combination coverages in the NFL are nothing like what we played. Hell they are nothing like they play in college.

I made a simple statement. Norman was beat but the throw was under thrown. I stand by that comment. Matter of fact they just showed the play on SVP with Ryan Clark and he said the same thing I did :noidea:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we need to start looking at Clemson since BAMA is not working out too well for us.
Wait. That means we have to have 2 scouts. One for Bama and one for Clemson. That seems extreme doesn't it?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went Ohio State this past year tomcat. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, we are about the same age. We played a different game at that time. You must have played zone, if you did you covered your zone and if a guy ran through it and kept going you did not leave your zone. Not to mention the combination coverages in the NFL are nothing like what we played. Hell they are nothing like they play in college.

I made a simple statement. Norman was beat but the throw was under thrown. I stand by that comment. Matter of fact they just showed the play on SVP with Ryan Clark and he said the same thing I did :noidea:

I had real speed back then and played primarily man. When zone was called for I moved to safety.

BTW; I don't disagree that the ball was under thrown, Norman actually played it that way. He and the intended receiver were tangled up a bit and he let him go when the ball was in the air. Thus, interception! Had Norman actually done what most do in the game today, he would have followed his man and one of two things would have happened, PI or incompletion. C'mon man, give Norman some credit for what he did do!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had real speed back then and played primarily man. When zone was called for I moved to safety.

BTW; I don't disagree that the ball was under thrown, Norman actually played it that way. He and the intended receiver were tangled up a bit and he let him go when the ball was in the air. Thus, interception! Had Norman actually done what most do in the game today, he would have followed his man and one of two things would have happened, PI or incompletion. C'mon man, give Norman some credit for what he did do!
I'm not going to get into your guys spat on this specific play, but the only thing Norman deserves credit for is swindling this franchise into a big contract that he has never lived up to. Bravo, Norman.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. That means we have to have 2 scouts. One for Bama and one for Clemson. That seems extreme doesn't it?

I'm beginning to wonder if we have even one scout who is worth his salt!