• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Game Notes

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Campbell did go against the texans Def....

while our defense is still consider top of the league, if we can't get a pass rush flowing, Campbell will be much more eased....

we couldn't even sack Bradford reguraly nor Skleton vs AZ(until late).....

PASS RUSH needs to step up!

if the pass rush isn't there, the game will be closer....

How many times do we go up against "shaky" OLs and could only come away with a sack or two?

FUCKING bring it DEFENSE!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in SF for this game...bummer about the QB's.

Some insight from a Bears fan's perspective....our O-line has been the blatant weak-spot for the team this year...with that said, I thought they played their best game as a unit, last week against the Texans. J.J. Watt was a complete non-factor, and as a whole, they gave up no sacks, for the first time all year. Houston has a great D, and I expected em' to get to Jay a few times at least, but the O-line finally sacked up and played well. It was a silver-lining in an otherwise frustrating loss.

This should be a an oldschool, black and blue game, even with the backups playing....can't wait to arrive in SF this weekend....haven't been to a game in a few years, so it should be fun.

Here's to a good clean game, with no injuries. May the best team win.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think Campbell is a better QB than Cutler?

No. I had a feeling after I said that, that I may have given that idea. That was irresponsible on my part not to elaborate.

I don't think he's a better overall QB, but I would expect if Campbell plays that it's going to be harder to get a big play on defense if he continues to show a propensity to check down on offense rather than force something down the field. I always look forward to the chances Cutler gives a defense whether it's because he holds the ball too long, because he tries forcing something into a tight spot, or because he reads something down the field incorrectly.

If Campbell continues to turn to the check down, obviously there'll be fewer chances for big plays through the air. Forte, Bush, Marshall, Jeffery, Hester and Kellen Davis are all scary underneath options when they get in the open field, though, so being in the right spot, especially underneath, and having sound technique when tackling is going to be key so they can't create something big out of something small.

My guess is, is that creating pressure is going to be more difficult with Campbell in there because I wouldn't expect that they'll ask him to hold onto the ball as long or give him as much to process. The 49ers can probably get a little more creative with their blitzing by facing Campbell, but if they're going to get to him, they'll probably have to do so much quicker than if Cutler were to play.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I had a feeling after I said that, that I may have given that idea. That was irresponsible on my part not to elaborate.

I don't think he's a better overall QB, but I would expect if Campbell plays that it's going to be harder to get a big play on defense if he continues to show a propensity to check down on offense rather than force something down the field. I always look forward to the chances Cutler gives a defense whether it's because he holds the ball too long, because he tries forcing something into a tight spot, or because he reads something down the field incorrectly.

If Campbell continues to turn to the check down, obviously there'll be fewer chances for big plays through the air. Forte, Bush, Marshall, Jeffery, Hester and Kellen Davis are all scary underneath options when they get in the open field, though, so being in the right spot, especially underneath, and having sound technique when tackling is going to be key so they can't create something big out of something small.

My guess is, is that creating pressure is going to be more difficult with Campbell in there because I wouldn't expect that they'll ask him to hold onto the ball as long or give him as much to process. The 49ers can probably get a little more creative with their blitzing by facing Campbell, but if they're going to get to him, they'll probably have to do so much quicker than if Cutler were to play.

Thanks for clarifying. The 49ers defense has had success against Cutler in the past, so I certainly see your points.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on iupati? Remember seeing him leave the game Sunday