• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears decline Biscuit’s option

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was kind of surprised by this given how high Mitch was drafted. I mean he hasn't been HORRIBLE (like Ryan Leaf or Fatmarcus Russell). I think it's just in the Bears franchise that they can not have an elite QB... by rule. lol...

God is watching over and like: "HA, top 5? Nerf stats by 50%."

Mitch would be a real good backup. It also wouldn't TOTALLY stun me if he went elsewhere and had a Tannehill like rebirth when a 2nd chance is presented. However, it's over in Chicago, so far as I'm concerned. I think Nick Foles is our QB at some point in 2020 and that Mitch is gone this time next year.

It's a shame. Between the Mirer trade, the Cutler trade and the Trubisky trade/pick they've really tried too. I thought they got a good QB when they acquired Cutler. I was wrong. He had bouts of high level play and is good compared to Mitch, but that's not saying much. I also fully believed that Mitch was the guy when he went on that run in the middle of 2018. I was wrong, again.

I am pretty much in the camp of "I'll believe it when I see it" regarding any Bears QB. I can't afford to go sticking my neck out for any more of these bums. lol

QB is a tough position to evaluate. Usually, though, every franchise gets at least ONE right eventually. That has not been the case for us.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnwell: Picking 20 NFL offseason winners and losers, from Lock to Dak

Failing to earn a fifth-year option pickup has typically been a bad sign. Eight other first-round quarterbacks have had their fifth-year option declined. None of them made it to a fifth year with the team that drafted them. Six of them -- Jake Locker, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch -- didn't take an NFL snap anywhere in Year 5. Teddy Bridgewater spent his fifth year sitting behind Drew Brees, while the only one of the bunch who saw meaningful action was Blaine Gabbert in San Francisco.

Ouch.