• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears at Detroit

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getsy and Fields are allergic to winning.
Strong this. Not even just Getsy and Fields. I said after we somehow lost the New Orleans game. "This team just doesn't know how to win".

Fields played a good game and then I was really hoping he could show me something "new" at the end of that game. Show me that something has changed. I'm sorry, but I am not impressed by what he did the first 56 minutes of that game. WE ALL KNOW he can do that. Nothing he did was a correction of his flaws. Just more of his strengths as an athlete shining through.

Then, first play of that final drive, he doesn't see the rush. He takes a sack and fumbles. He's 0 for 11 on GW/Game tying drive attempts now. Unless you want to count game vs Texans last year. Where we ran a pick back to the 11 yard line and Fields took a knee before we kicked a short FG to win 23-20.

I gotta tell ya - I am the most pessimistic in-game fan, ever. However, when we were burning clock on that final drive for a FG to make it 26-14 with 4 minutes left? The way Goff was shitting the bed? Even I'm sitting there going - "Sheesh. It really seems like we're going to win this one."

Then, BANG - quick TD. Suddenly 26-21 with 3 minutes left. Lions have all timeouts. I'm like "YUP... here we go!".

Shit sucks. I was looking forward to deluding myself into believing we were "back in it" next week for MNF at Minny. At 4-7 (they're 6-5). A win would put us a game back of the wild card and we'd have a shot at the tiebreak over them still.

But I cannot have nice things with my sports teams. Even SMALL things. EVER.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading about this being a trap game for Detroit, and it was that.

First defensive play, Dylan Cole on the field for Jack Sanborn. What was that about?
I dont know who Tyrell Smith was (32), but at least there was a DB hitting players back there. I thought he was spelling Brisker? Eddie Jackson still needs to put a shoulder down and stop forward progress, but at least he was tackling too, just made the big mistake on the TD when the DB had the short zone.

But the biggest take away was watching Fields berate Feeley for the snap count, when he was getting crisp sprials right in his hands. Kind of shows the priorities. The big take away was not seeing Whitehair taking over for lucas, but I can finally give the coaches some credit for something this year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong this. Not even just Getsy and Fields. I said after we somehow lost the New Orleans game. "This team just doesn't know how to win".

Fields played a good game and then I was really hoping he could show me something "new" at the end of that game. Show me that something has changed. I'm sorry, but I am not impressed by what he did the first 56 minutes of that game. WE ALL KNOW he can do that. Nothing he did was a correction of his flaws. Just more of his strengths as an athlete shining through.

Then, first play of that final drive, he doesn't see the rush. He takes a sack and fumbles. He's 0 for 11 on GW/Game tying drive attempts now. Unless you want to count game vs Texans last year. Where we ran a pick back to the 11 yard line and Fields took a knee before we kicked a short FG to win 23-20.

I gotta tell ya - I am the most pessimistic in-game fan, ever. However, when we were burning clock on that final drive for a FG to make it 26-14 with 4 minutes left? The way Goff was shitting the bed? Even I'm sitting there going - "Sheesh. It really seems like we're going to win this one."

Then, BANG - quick TD. Suddenly 26-21 with 3 minutes left. Lions have all timeouts. I'm like "YUP... here we go!".

Shit sucks. I was looking forward to deluding myself into believing we were "back in it" next week for MNF at Minny. At 4-7 (they're 6-5). A win would put us a game back of the wild card and we'd have a shot at the tiebreak over them still.

But I cannot have nice things with my sports teams. Even SMALL things. EVER.

Hate to say it but,Im not surprised at another JF fumble there......you can almost count on it.....
Not that we were gonna put ourself in scoring position wiyh 29 seconds left to begin with,but it would have been nice to see him atleast move the ball.....
Hell with just less than 3 mins left,he over threw an open Scott on a deep ball....

Time to drsft another qb.....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but,Im not surprised at another JF fumble there......you can almost count on it.....
Not that we were gonna put ourself in scoring position wiyh 29 seconds left to begin with,but it would have been nice to see him atleast move the ball.....
Hell with just less than 3 mins left,he over threw an open Scott on a deep ball....

Not blaming Fields on that one, Scott let up a half step trying to find the goddamned ball. I do however blame the coaches for choosing to go to Scott there in the first place. I would much rather see them go to Moore there than to a rookie with the game on the line.

The two playcalls before that, make it even dumber.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming Fields on that one, Scott let up a half step trying to find the goddamned ball. I do however blame the coaches for choosing to go to Scott there in the first place. I would much rather see them go to Moore there than to a rookie with the game on the line.

The two playcalls before that, make it even dumber.

I totally agree,I knew Moore would be more involved in the offense when JF got back,and youre right,why was Moores number not called on that play......dumb

Loved Greenies comment this morning on the Bears coaches......
They shouldve left the coaches off the plane and picked up Harbaugh on the way back to Chicago......

Last edited:

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree,I knew Moore would be more involved in the offense when JF got back,and youre right,why was Moores number not called on that play......dumb

Loved Greenies comment this morning on the Bears coaches......
They shouldve left the coaches off the plane and picked up Harbaugh on the way back to Chicago......
yeah, I was scratching my head with the extra point to make it 20-14, you would have thought 2 was in order there. Not that it would make a difference in the end, but that is showing some faith in your offense. But when we have yet another delay of game penalty with this offense after a change of possession, what this staff does is mindboggling.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

29 seconds and two time outs is literally an eternity. Almost on a weekly basis, you see NFL teams get into FG range with that.

You have the entire field open, you can stop the clock twice, and you only have to move the ball about 35 yards. You'll have 6-7 plays. That is quite easy and quite frankly. A competent NFL QB is EXPECTED to get that done.

Situationally, I believe more often THAN NOT in the NFL. Teams typically get into FG range in that scenario. It seems to almost ALWAYS happen.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my 30 years as a fan I am used to seeing my team get their ass kicked like that. I am, however, not used to that result. I was right about the Lions inability to handle mobile QBs. I am more worried about the Vikings with Dobbs than I was with Cousins.

Your team has the opportunity for a rapid turnaround here. Your run defense is elite, and the rest is solid, with room to grow. If you end up with 2 of the top 3 picks and come away with Williams/Maye and Harrison Jr, your offense becomes a beast overnight, especially with a good offensive coach.

I think a pairing of Moore/Harrison instantly puts the Bears as one of the best WR duos in the league. Bears future is bright, The right coach and this team is back imo.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 seconds and two time outs is literally an eternity. Almost on a weekly basis, you see NFL teams get into FG range with that.

You have the entire field open, you can stop the clock twice, and you only have to move the ball about 35 yards. You'll have 6-7 plays. That is quite easy and quite frankly. A competent NFL QB is EXPECTED to get that done.

Situationally, I believe more often THAN NOT in the NFL. Teams typically get into FG range in that scenario. It seems to almost ALWAYS happen.

Weve seen Stroud do this over and over this year with less wrs than what we have,and hes getting it done.....but JF is not Stoud and this is the Bears......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my 30 years as a fan I am used to seeing my team get their ass kicked like that. I am, however, not used to that result. I was right about the Lions inability to handle mobile QBs. I am more worried about the Vikings with Dobbs than I was with Cousins.

Your team has the opportunity for a rapid turnaround here. Your run defense is elite, and the rest is solid, with room to grow. If you end up with 2 of the top 3 picks and come away with Williams/Maye and Harrison Jr, your offense becomes a beast overnight, especially with a good offensive coach.

I think a pairing of Moore/Harrison instantly puts the Bears as one of the best WR duos in the league. Bears future is bright, The right coach and this team is back imo.
The only way that Moore and Harrison stay happy is if the quarterback is throwing 40 times a game. These receivers want 1000 yards to get in the 20 million payroll level. They dont get that with a quarterback running 10 times a game and throwing for 169 yards.

They picked the right coach in detroit and the team has fire like he does. A quarterback in the league for 30 starts should not be whining about play calls. But until Fields changes the play to Moore is one on one so I am throwing it to him, not, I have to run now, he is never going to keep receivers happy here.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this game. We showed the lions are who we thought they were. Then we let them off the hook. We lost the game and it helps us get a better draft pick. We don’t benefit from wins this year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way that Moore and Harrison stay happy is if the quarterback is throwing 40 times a game. These receivers want 1000 yards to get in the 20 million payroll level. They dont get that with a quarterback running 10 times a game and throwing for 169 yards.

They picked the right coach in detroit and the team has fire like he does. A quarterback in the league for 30 starts should not be whining about play calls. But until Fields changes the play to Moore is one on one so I am throwing it to him, not, I have to run now, he is never going to keep receivers happy here.
Yeah, I assumed pick 1 would be Maye or Williams. I can't imagine new regime would want to continue with fields when the #1 pick is there to get their own guy.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I assumed pick 1 would be Maye or Williams. I can't imagine new regime would want to continue with fields when the #1 pick is there to get their own guy.
I am mixed on these two. Williams claims to only want to agree to 5 teams and these demands for a percentage of ownership are just too much for me. I know, he will never get it, they did not allow Gruden to get it in Oakland, but this I am franchise before taking one NFL hit is something I really do not want anymore. Maye would have been the pick, but we went thru a NC quarterback with Trubisky. Granted, Mitch didnot start enough in college and the move up to 2 to get him put extra pressure on him, but I dont want to end up with Daniel Jones since we might have to trade Williams when he refuses to sign when we pick him.
I also think we would be crazy to pass on Harrison with the first pick, regardless of the QB. I dont know what we would get from New England or Arizona to trade down other than their first next year, but I know we need a center really really badly.

I liked Levis the most last year, Stroud is breaking the Ohio State Quarterback hex, so maybe Maye would be ok.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this game. We showed the lions are who we thought they were. Then we let them off the hook. We lost the game and it helps us get a better draft pick. We don’t benefit from wins this year.
Ravens did that, stop stealing credit!

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard alot of people calling this a trap game for Detroit, but that coach just will not allow that shit to happen for 60 minutes.
Now we get to watch them beat Green Bay on Madden day.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fun game to watch and I actually, in the grand scheme of things, didn't mind the outcome.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the games this season, this one really showed the coaches dicks.
I heard poles didn’t have much of a choice in the coaching matter. If that’s the case, the coaches need to go and the person who decides who the coach should be needs to go.