• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS last year: Memories and 2013 projections

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the final year of the BCS I thought it would be fun to stroll down memory lane. Post some pics or vids, tell some stories and post your 2013-14 predictions. Remember, we all have an opinion of the upcoming season and I am sure they will vary greatly. If someone doesnt pick your team it isnt becaue they hate you or your school....

Games that stand out to me the most are Texas vs UCS. Unbelievable game with unbelievable CFB players. Two great powerhouse programs squared off and I was glued to my TV. Another was Boise vs Oklahoma. What an unreal game. The ultimate David slayed Goliath CFB story. And my e was actually favorite Duck BCS game NATTY. Over 120 years of football and Oregon had done it. They reached the pinnacle of CFB and played the SEC's Auburn squad. It was a game that both teams deserved to win. I was very fortunate to have attended the game. I an all other Duck fans walked out of U of Phoenix stadium dissapointed, but yet are heads were held high. Unreal to most honest Duck fans that Oregon had accomplished a chance to play the best on a national stage in the NATTY.

2013 BCS + Cotton Peach bowl Projections with quick synopsis.

NATTY: Oregon vs Texas A&M

Oregon
may not be one of the best two teams in the country. But they have a very legit shot at playing for a NATTY because of fairly manageable schedule. That and they return a ton on offense and the entire secondary that led CFB in INTs...

Texas A&M I think the Gigems finish the season with one loss. They will be the highest 1 loss ranked team and get the NATTY berth. Alabama at home and I see a similar result to 2012. That is enough to get them in the tie breaker over the Tide.

Sugar: Alabama vs Louisville

Alabama could be the best 1 loss team to not play for a NATTY in the BCS era. Like mentioned above I see 1 loss and unfortunately for Bama it comes at the hands of aTm landing them in the Sugar.

Louisville
Legit chance at an undefeated season. IMO, whether they are unbeaten or not they dont play in the NATTY due to a horrific SOS.

Rose: Ohio State vs Stanford

Ohio State Even if Ohio State goes unbeaten along with Oregon, most likely the Ducks would get the nod due to SOS. But my prediction is they lose a game 2 possibly but unlikely. They have to be really careful @ Cal early in the season.

Stanford
I believe Stanford will take a small step backwards this year as they were really in a lot of nail biters last season that they pulled off. Tough to live on the edge and not take a couple losses. Losing the 2 Huge TEs will be a bit of an issue for Stanford to replace immediately.

Orange: Clemson vs Nebraska

Clemson will be in the NATTY hunt this year. I think they will be in the discussion late but fall just short. Even if they lose to UGA I dont think it will kill them as it is early in the season, and they have a pretty darn good SOS... IMO...

Nebraska
I have studied the schedule in depth and with the play makers on offense and a defense that can only improve, I see a recipe for a very successful season. Add a SR QB who is a play maker to the mix and you got yourself a BCS team. TM will have to cut down on turnovers for this to come to fruition.

Fiesta: Texas vs Boise State

Texas just has to much returning to dismiss them. I believe it comes down to TCU and the hookems. Baylor will be in the mix as well. But Texas returns to the BCS.

Boise State
has a 2nd year QB returning. Coach Pete will get the team in the top 16 even with 1 loss which they most likely will have, but the BCS rule will be applied again and they get in just as N. Illinois did.

Cotton: Georgia vs TCU

Peach: LSU vs North Carolina

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford I believe Stanford will take a small step backwards this year as they were really in a lot of nail biters last season that they pulled off. Tough to live on the edge and not take a couple losses. Losing the 2 Huge TEs will be a bit of an issue for Stanford to replace immediately.
I know duck fans are down on Stanford, but also remember they changed QB's late in the season and went on a run. They did have several close games including two losses to UW and ND so they already came out on the losing end of two of them and STILL won the Pac. What would they have done had they played that QB earlier? They did lose their big guys on the edges, but they are returning a large number of their players on both sides and are fully stacked.

The pac is ford's to lose this year.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far my best memory(other than the Tides 3 national championship victories)has to be Vince Young performance against USC. He almost single handedly beat them and it was unbelievable to watch. As many times as the BCS has messed up It has just as many good times and unbelievable games. It gave us a lot of match ups we wouldn't have been able to see before the BCS. I can say this Im glad the BCS will be done away with. But I still think a lot of us will miss it a little bit. Because it was entertaining to hear the BCS arguments.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know duck fans are down on Stanford, but also remember they changed QB's late in the season and went on a run. They did have several close games including two losses to UW and ND so they already came out on the losing end of two of them and STILL won the Pac. What would they have done had they played that QB earlier? They did lose their big guys on the edges, but they are returning a large number of their players on both sides and are fully stacked.

The pac is ford's to lose this year.

Stanford's QB play was a mess until they settled on Hogan. And as we all know QB play is EVERYTHING these days, even for a power team like Stanford who likes to pound you on the ground and play rock solid defense.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
08 was probably my favorite season for Alabama of the BCS era, the most exciting for me as a fan. I know we lost to UF and Utah to end that season, but it was coming off a year where we had reached the bottom of the barrel, losing to LA Monroe. Going into that season I was like "man, Clemson is gonna be rough, we're probably gonna get beat", I specifically remember saying that to a friend, but then we exploded into the Saban era with a great performance.

My predictions for the final season of the BCS....

Natty: Alabama vs Ohio st.

Alabama - I don't believe Saban will lose to Texas A&M again, at least not this season. I think we know how to stop that offense, and we have the players to do it, I believe they'll get it done this time, and I actually believe they might do it convincingly. Bama should cruise into the LSU game after this, and with all LSU is losing, I believe they win that game.

Ohio st. - I believe they have a pretty easy schedule like Alabama, and I think they will march to a second consecutive undefeated season(no matter how unimpressive), and I believe they will make the Natty over an undefeated Oregon.

Sugar Bowl: Texas A&M vs Louisville

Texas A&M - After dropping a game to Alabama early in the season, I see A&M running the table, and taking the Sugar Bowl slot.

Louisville - Thank God for Teddy Bridgewater amirite?

Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Nebraska

Oregon - Like I said, I think they go undefeated, and while the SOS may be tougher than OSU, I believe this being OSU's second straight undefeated season, they may get the nod.

Nebraska - The Huskers have some good talent on this team, and I could easily see them going undefeated. They don't have tOSU in the regular season, and their toughest games are UCLA, Michigan, and Michigan st.. So no Wisconsin either. I don't think the Huskers lose all 3 tough games.

Orange bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

Clemson - With FSU losing some good talent, including EJ Manuel in the 1st round of the draft, Clemson should be able to take this conference, unless VT makes a quick turnaround.

Notre Dame - I don't know much about which bowls favor who with the At-large, but I believe ND should have a good team next year, especially with Golson having a year under his belt, they should get picked for a BCS spot.

Fiesta bowl: TCU vs Boise st

Cotton bowl: South Carolina vs Texas

Peach bowl: Georgia vs FSU

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heartbreak. Dissapointment. Blew our load early.

These are some of my BCS memories.

Started off pathetic. 98 was the final season in the worst 3 year strech in Sooner history and it was under the dawn of this new system the BCS. A change was made and within its 3rd year OU was in the championship. I remember thinking that FSU was a monstorous squad with studs all over defense and had the heisman winner. What an epic defensive win for the program. It got shakey from there. OU was back and a contender and IMO we've stayed there. 8 BCS games under a system that lasted 16 years! Thats 50%. Just amazing how much opportunity this system gave the program and how we squadered more away than we should have. I play the what if game. What if OU won '03, '04, '08. All they needed was 1 win and 4 crystals would be in Norman. :cry:

BCS title game: Oregon vs Ohio State

I'm calling it. The Rose Bowl gets the last laugh as the B1G champ and the PAC 12 champ square off in the last BCS title game ever, coincedence its in the Rose? :think:

Rose: LSU vs OU
This happens because the Rose losses both its auto qualifiers and they get the automatic first two picks for replacment. . They cant take conference winners so they take the match up with the biggest draw. LSU is the runner up in the SEC with only 1 loss and like wise for the Sooners with 1 loss. These two highly ranked teams bring a big market intrest as it will be the first BCS championship rematch in a bcs bowl.

Orange: Clemson vs Louisville
Orange bowl gets the first at large pick after the rose chooses. Their Auto is ACC champ Clemson. They select BE champ Louisville

Sugar: Alabama vs Stanford
Sugar is next in line for at large pick. Their Auto is SEC champ Alabama. They select Pac 12 runner up Stanford.

Fiesta gets last pick. Their Auto is BIG XII champ Texas. Boise State gets in on the Auto Qualify and Fiesta must select them per rule.

The Rose could be different, but thats my hope anyway. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heartbreak. Dissapointment. Blew our load early.

These are some of my BCS memories.

Started off pathetic. 98 was the final season in the worst 3 year strech in Sooner history and it was under the dawn of this new system the BCS. A change was made and within its 3rd year OU was in the championship. I remember thinking that FSU was a monstorous squad with studs all over defense and had the heisman winner. What an epic defensive win for the program. It got shakey from there. OU was back and a contender and IMO we've stayed there. 8 BCS games under a system that lasted 16 years! Thats 50%. Just amazing how much opportunity this system gave the program and how we squadered more away than we should have. I play the what if game. What if OU won '03, '04, '08. All they needed was 1 win and 4 crystals would be in Norman. :cry:

BCS title game: Oregon vs Ohio State

I'm calling it. The Rose Bowl gets the last laugh as the B1G champ and the PAC 12 champ square off in the last BCS title game ever, coincedence its in the Rose? :think:

Rose: LSU vs OU
This happens because the Rose losses both its auto qualifiers and they get the automatic first two picks for replacment. . They cant take conference winners so they take the match up with the biggest draw. LSU is the runner up in the SEC with only 1 loss and like wise for the Sooners with 1 loss. These two highly ranked teams bring a big market intrest as it will be the first BCS championship rematch in a bcs bowl.

Orange: Clemson vs Louisville
Orange bowl gets the first at large pick after the rose chooses. Their Auto is ACC champ Clemson. They select BE champ Louisville

Sugar: Alabama vs Stanford
Sugar is next in line for at large pick. Their Auto is SEC champ Alabama. They select Pac 12 runner up Stanford.

Fiesta gets last pick. Their Auto is BIG XII champ Texas. Boise State gets in on the Auto Qualify and Fiesta must select them per rule.

The Rose could be different, but thats my hope anyway. :thumb:

You sorry bastard, change that and put an SEC team in the Natty right now!! :mad:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating LSU in the Peach bowl last year was pretty good.

Making Lou Holtz and that ex UGA LB eat shit was icing on the cake. "It works great in the A she she but not so much in the esh she she." That douchebag!

4th and 16 on the final drive and Tajh and Nuk hook up for one of the best plays of the year.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Rose Bowl 2002. Canes dominate the Huskers. Awesome experience!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far my best memory(other than the Tides 3 national championship victories)has to be Vince Young performance against USC. He almost single handedly beat them and it was unbelievable to watch. As many times as the BCS has messed up It has just as many good times and unbelievable games. It gave us a lot of match ups we wouldn't have been able to see before the BCS. I can say this Im glad the BCS will be done away with. But I still think a lot of us will miss it a little bit. Because it was entertaining to hear the BCS arguments.

:agree:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose Bowl 2002. Canes dominate the Huskers. Awesome experience!

Those Canes teams were alot of fun to watch. IMO, one of the golden teams of CFB through those years...

They felt and were BIG TIME

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of you will probably laugh at this, but I am posting the vid anyhow. This sums up Oregon's recent run. From a PAC doormat in many years to undefeated and playing in the NATTY.

Thank you Jerry Allen for this memory that will live with Duck fans forever....

[YOUTUBE]5vdS2vhLYNk&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
08 was probably my favorite season for Alabama of the BCS era, the most exciting for me as a fan. I know we lost to UF and Utah to end that season, but it was coming off a year where we had reached the bottom of the barrel, losing to LA Monroe. Going into that season I was like "man, Clemson is gonna be rough, we're probably gonna get beat", I specifically remember saying that to a friend, but then we exploded into the Saban era with a great performance.

My predictions for the final season of the BCS....

Natty: Alabama vs Ohio st.

Alabama - I don't believe Saban will lose to Texas A&M again, at least not this season. I think we know how to stop that offense, and we have the players to do it, I believe they'll get it done this time, and I actually believe they might do it convincingly. Bama should cruise into the LSU game after this, and with all LSU is losing, I believe they win that game.

Ohio st. - I believe they have a pretty easy schedule like Alabama, and I think they will march to a second consecutive undefeated season(no matter how unimpressive), and I believe they will make the Natty over an undefeated Oregon.

Sugar Bowl: Texas A&M vs Louisville

Texas A&M - After dropping a game to Alabama early in the season, I see A&M running the table, and taking the Sugar Bowl slot.

Louisville - Thank God for Teddy Bridgewater amirite?

Rose Bowl: Oregon vs Nebraska

Oregon - Like I said, I think they go undefeated, and while the SOS may be tougher than OSU, I believe this being OSU's second straight undefeated season, they may get the nod.

Nebraska - The Huskers have some good talent on this team, and I could easily see them going undefeated. They don't have tOSU in the regular season, and their toughest games are UCLA, Michigan, and Michigan st.. So no Wisconsin either. I don't think the Huskers lose all 3 tough games.

Orange bowl: Clemson vs Notre Dame

Clemson - With FSU losing some good talent, including EJ Manuel in the 1st round of the draft, Clemson should be able to take this conference, unless VT makes a quick turnaround.

Notre Dame - I don't know much about which bowls favor who with the At-large, but I believe ND should have a good team next year, especially with Golson having a year under his belt, they should get picked for a BCS spot.

Fiesta bowl: TCU vs Boise st

Cotton bowl: South Carolina vs Texas

Peach bowl: Georgia vs FSU

If Oregon and Ohio State go undefeated as you so predict, there is not a snow ball's chance in Hell that OSU gets in over the Ducks. No prayer. Take that to the bank.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised so many of you have Boise in a BCS game. I just don't see it and I'm a homer.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Mamba-

I love your passion for your team and all of college football. You not only talk about your Ducks but you don't hesitate to compliment another team or it's accomplishments. You've made me a Duck fan over the years. Well, it also didn't hurt I was pulling for you so hard in the Natty game against that other team down the road!

I said it over at CBS but I really want Bama and Oregon to match up in the final BCS National Championship game. Got to see those two styles go head to head. Finally get somewhat of an answer for which way is best, offense or defense, from two of the teams that do it the best!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon and Ohio State go undefeated as you so predict, there is not a snow ball's chance in Hell that OSU gets in over the Ducks. No prayer. Take that to the bank.

I think you got that backwards.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White Mamba-

I love your passion for your team and all of college football. You not only talk about your Ducks but you don't hesitate to compliment another team or it's accomplishments. You've made me a Duck fan over the years. Well, it also didn't hurt I was pulling for you so hard in the Natty game against that other team down the road!

I said it over at CBS but I really want Bama and Oregon to match up in the final BCS National Championship game. Got to see those two styles go head to head. Finally get somewhat of an answer for which way is best, offense or defense, from two of the teams that do it the best!

Thank you BamaTee. I always enjoy talking CFB in general. Some dont like what I say and some do. I have always considered you one of the most honest Alabama fans out there.

It would litteraly be a dream come true for me to see Oregon play Alabama. They are IMO one of the 3 best CFB historic teams in the history of the game.

As you know, my gramps was a Bama guy. When I went to Glendale to watch Auburn vs Oregon, I wore Duck gear from the neck down. But I wore my grampas favorite Tide hat to the game in honor of him. He taught me how to be a generous fan of CFB. I got some sideways looks from the War Eagles for sure.. LEL!!!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS NATTY: Alabama vs Oregon

Finally! The two teams with different philosophies go head to head.

Oregon: I don't see anyone who is better than they are on the schedule but I do see about 3 or 4 wet spots where if they are not careful they could slip and fall.
Do all the Oregon skill players look like they run faster than everyone else by far or is it just me?

Alabama: An experienced two time National Championship winning QB who doesn't seem to get the respect he deserves wins his third in a row. With all the weapons AJ has around him, look out. This might be the most balanced Alabama team in their historic run between offense and defense. It seems like alternating years where defense one year than offense the next, and so on, has finally found it's equal.

Sugar Bowl: Texas A&M vs Nebraska

Texas A&M: I didn't realize how easy A&M's schedule is this year. It looks very similar to Alabama's minus a decent OOC game (Bama has Va Tech). This alone will keep A&M among the elite. If not for this, I think A&M falters some. NO sneaking up on anyone this year and only 10 returning starters.

Nebraska: Their schedule will help them some in a weak B1G but with key players back in key position Nebraska shows some signs of the past.

Rose Bowl: Stanford vs Ohio St.

Stanford: Because they are a PAC team and geography. David Shaw has them rolling. Settled on QB will help.

Ohio St: Should go undefeated with their schedule but I think they stub their toe with pressure of two straight undefeated seasons.

Orange Bowl: Miami, Fl vs Louisville

Miami, Fl: Only because I don't think Clemson does as well as many predict. This is a dark horse pick with Miami returning 19 starters.

Louisville: Teddy Bridgewater. Say no more.

Fiesta Bowl: Texas vs Notre Dame

Texas: After listening to UT fans rule the "wait til next year" montra for some time now, it is finally their year. With 19 returning starters and the transition to a new offensive philosophy finally complete UT will challenge for the Natty as well. My personal question is after watching UT play their spring game it looked like they went back the read option much more than running right at you like Mack said he wanted?

Notre Dame: Just want to see them get blown away again! This was suppose to be the year they were back anyway.

Cotton Bowl: Georgia vs Oklahoma

Georgia: Florida gets picked by Capital One Bowl sending Georgia to Cotton. The Cotton wants a SEC vs Big 12 match-up now since Champions Bowl starts in 2014 season in New Orleans.

Oklahoma: This is a stretch but this makes up for those years OU was suppose to be great and it didn't happen so I'm thinking lower expectations sends them to this quality bowl in perceived down year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, you do realize that OSU is projected to have a better SOS than Oregon, right?