• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BB Leaving

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boss just sent me a text that Vrabel is the new coach of the NE Patriots. It looks official.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why he was fired?
He was butting heads with the GM, and treated Tua like dogshit. These BB assistants have prob with QB's if not their own, like Josh in Raiders with Carr, replacing him with Jimmy G, a Belichick choice also, but thankfully Kraft put his foot down and we won more SB's

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as shit hope they don't promote Matt Groh.
Rumor.............................Zeigler is coming back to NE to take the GM job.

If that happens, Josh could be back if BB doesn't grab him first.

Be careful what you wish for. Rumors are swirling about everything. One has Mayo keeping Steve Belichick as the DC and his brothers for the secondary. Because..........................they both want out from under dad's overbearing crush.

Rumor...................................BOB and Judge are gone. Anchor will be gone. There will be a new ST Coach.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I can’t find it either. The text he sent looked legit. Strangely, I can’t copy and paste it here.
That would be plastered everywhere. Nothing on Patriots.com, PatriotsWire.com, ESPN, MasLive.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be plastered everywhere. Nothing on Patriots.com, PatriotsWire.com, ESPN, MasLive.

Ya. That's what I was saying. And I can't copy and paste what was sent to me so it seems like bullshit. But it looked legit.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of this is that I always felt Belichick would go out on his own terms like Nick Saben just did. Going out on top. Not how it has happened.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was butting heads with the GM, and treated Tua like dogshit. These BB assistants have prob with QB's if not their own, like Josh in Raiders with Carr, replacing him with Jimmy G, a Belichick choice also, but thankfully Kraft put his foot down and we won more SB's
That's sort of what I heard too. Being a good head coach is definitely more challenging than being a coordinator...

As a DC I thought Flores was really good.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sort of what I heard too. Being a good head coach is definitely more challenging than being a coordinator...

Especially when you try and be a BB jr. Saban, Chip Kelly, McDaniels, Schiano. Judge, Patricia etc didn't work for them to be tyrants in the NFL

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be happy having Vrabel as HC, Mayo as Asst HC, Flores as DC and OBrien as OC. Need a strong GM that knows how to draft and work FA, but who knows

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of this is that I always felt Belichick would go out on his own terms like Nick Saben just did. Going out on top. Not how it has happened.

Who says he won't go out on top coaching another team?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And scouts that can accurately assess a players value and skill.
Absolutely, but also a HC and GM that will take their advice. I heard that the scouts weren't in on NKeal Harry and told the brass to stay away from him, we all know how that worked out. Everyone should stay in their own lane and do their job

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says he won't go out on top coaching another team?

Is Tom Brady coming out of retirement to play for him? He’s a failure without him. The Patriots are letting him walk for a reason. Here’s a clue…. It’s not because he’s a good coach anymore. He’s done. If he still had anything he would still be here. He’s not. Hold his nuts all you want. He was the greatest coach ever. No doubt about it. The game has passed him by. He should just walk away now, not struggle for the next 5 years trying to get those 15 or so wins to pass Shula.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it came to the draft, BB always went to the combine to find the dirty gem that no one else could see. His strength was defense and he saw things that were invisible to others. BUT, big but, BB was much more blind than others when it came to offense. That was his undoing over his entire career. He could put those defensive pieces together and with TB could keep the offense afloat and moving forward.

Over the past four years, that blindness was his destruction. No matter what anyone thinks, Bill just could not give way and select offensive players in front of those defensive player that he knew would fit perfectly in his scheme. He threw a spitball and it stuck when he picked Strange two years ago and every one was shocked. But Strange isn't Logan Mankins or Joe Thuney.

Bill would have put the Belichick Value System to work and had his own Kiper-Like picks. I think he would have thrown a curve ball just like every other draft and we'd all be trying to justify why he took a RB instead of a QB or OL. Bill has never thought like anyone else and did what Bill thought was right for the team and convinced everyone that everything was for the good of the team.

The guy won 9 AFC Championships and 6 Super Bowls and lost 3 AFC Championships and 3 Super Bowls. That alone has made it hard to find fault. But over the past foiur years, he seemed to be a lost child amongst a large group of men. His time had come to move on because there was no way he was ever going to clean up the mess he'd created in one last year.

The next guy can start to make improvements and maybe double the wins in 2024, but it will be 2025 before he can show whether or not he's been able to dig out of this hole and return the Patriots to contender status and be a serious Super Bowl threat in 2026.