• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle Lines Being Drawn

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Bobcats moved to New Orleans"

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Bobcats moved to New Orleans"

I think he meant the Hornets moved to NO and then became the Pelican-Pelicans...

...which allowed the Bobcats to become the Hornets again.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant the Hornets moved to NO and then became the Pelican-Pelicans...

...which allowed the Bobcats to become the Hornets again.

"Which allowed the Bobcats to become the Hornets again"

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So cut the crap - just because an owner has a 500 million dollar investment doesn't mean he is making money and for people like that a even a 10 million dollar a year profit is losing money for them.

:scratch:

:noidea:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy to talk big right now. it will be a different story months into a lockout. increased cap is the only thing that will happen imo

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad thing is about the age thing is that all its doing now is giving colleges a year to exploit the kids, make money, knowing the kid will opt out sophmore year. What if the kid is a KG and has a career ending injury.

I dont agree at all with that policy

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there have been several teams losing money over the years. Memphis Grizzlies were losing 30 million a year which is the reason they gave Gasol to the Lakers for nothing in return. That's the season the no so super Sonics moved to Oklahoma. That's the reason the Bobcats moved to New Orleans and that part of the reasons so many teams like the Sacramento Queens has never won a championship. So cut the crap - just because an owner has a 500 million dollar investment doesn't mean he is making money and for people like that a even a 10 million dollar a year profit is losing money for them. I really don't think it's fair when some players are getting 24 million a year while others don't even get two million, so yes as some one who has been in business all of my life, I am not feeling sympathetic to a large group of arrogant overpaid and lazy players wanting more money than they will ever need in a life time

You couldn't be more wrong. The Sonics moved to OKC because Clay Bennett wanted them in OKC. Period. The HORNETS (Bobcats are a separate franchise) moved to NO because the owner at the time, George Shinn, was a shyster that got ran out of Charlotte and was such an ass the NBA ultimately booted him. And wtf are you even talking about with Sacramento? They never won because of money? Nothing you mentioned is even close to true nor is it a reason as to why the NBA would be close to financial ruin and thus require owners taking more money from the players via lockout. You have no clue what you're talking about here.

Simple question for you since you've been in "business all your life". Would you buy a business in which you'd always lose a profit because of your labor force? No. Then I wonder why some many billionaires, all smart and savvy men, keep lining up to buy NBA franchises. You'd think if it were so dire and came so close to ruin that no one would buy and several teams would fold. It's that harsh out there right? No way the League could have gained almost 10 new franchises in the last 30 years by coming so close to ruin.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You couldn't be more wrong. The Sonics moved to OKC because Clay Bennett wanted them in OKC. Period. The HORNETS (Bobcats are a separate franchise) moved to NO because the owner at the time, George Shinn, was a shyster that got ran out of Charlotte and was such an ass the NBA ultimately booted him. And wtf are you even talking about with Sacramento? They never won because of money? Nothing you mentioned is even close to true nor is it a reason as to why the NBA would be close to financial ruin and thus require owners taking more money from the players via lockout. You have no clue what you're talking about here.

Simple question for you since you've been in "business all your life". Would you buy a business in which you'd always lose a profit because of your labor force? No. Then I wonder why some many billionaires, all smart and savvy men, keep lining up to buy NBA franchises. You'd think if it were so dire and came so close to ruin that no one would buy and several teams would fold. It's that harsh out there right? No way the League could have gained almost 10 new franchises in the last 30 years by coming so close to ruin.

if you are the owner of a major sports in a city large enough to have a decent fan base, then you won't move if you're making acceptable profits. You can call him a crook and everything else, but no business making a good profit is going to move. Take a basic economics 101 class in college and the first they teach you is supply vs demand. When the demand to see the Sonics dropped, they left town and did well in Oklahoma

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wanna bet?

if you are the owner of a major sports in a city large enough to have a decent fan base, then you won't move if you're making acceptable profits. You can call him a crook and everything else, but no business making a good profit is going to move. Take a basic economics 101 class in college and the first they teach you is supply vs demand. When the demand to see the Sonics dropped, they left town and did well in Oklahoma

See, told ya.

TLF, profitable businesses move plenty for various reasons. Awhile back, profitable businesses in California were moving to Arizona and Nevada because of California's high taxes. They moved already profitable businesses because the more business friendly tax codes in those states made them even more profitable.

Georgia Frontiere moved a profitable Los Angeles Rams franchise to St. Louis because that's where she was from.

Al Davis moved a Raiders franchise that was profitable in Oakland to Los Angeles (where it was still profitable) and then back to Oakland because of stadium issues and to piss off the NFL.

That's the beauty of being rich and having a profitable business, you can move as you see fit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to make a decision to either follow the NFL model and say that players have to be 3 years removed from high school (which would be much harder to justify for the NBA than it is for the NFL) or just go back to allowing players to enter the draft directly from high school. The "one and done" isn't working for either the NBA or college, imo.

The easiest thing to do regarding this is allow players to enter the draft from HS BUT if they decide to go to college, make it mandatory that they stay at least 2 years.

In this case you give them the freedom of coming straight to the NBA from college but if they decide to go to college they gotta stay 2 years.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that the players will opt out of the current CBA after the 2016-2017 season. After seeing the league sign a huge multi-billion dollar television deal, the players are going to want to see a higher revenue split than what they currently agreed upon. But it won't stop there.

The new executive director of the player's union, Michele Roberts, has made it clear that she'll be playing hardball once negotiations begin on the new CBA. She's talking no salary cap, no maximum contracts, no rookie age limits. She's a fierce lawyer. Get ready for an extended lockout come the fall of 2017.

NBA owners expendable, players' union chief Michele Roberts says - ESPN

It's going to get even more worse those time's of the month's when she's on her rag.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I encourage everyone to stop buying NBA merchandise. Except those cool christmas unis.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The easiest thing to do regarding this is allow players to enter the draft from HS BUT if they decide to go to college, make it mandatory that they stay at least 2 years.

In this case you give them the freedom of coming straight to the NBA from college but if they decide to go to college they gotta stay 2 years.

I like that idea.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I encourage everyone to stop buying NBA merchandise. Except those cool christmas unis.

Really? That first name thing is kinda lame. But its a hell of a lot better than the nickname jerseys.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones from last year were the best though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? That first name thing is kinda lame. But its a hell of a lot better than the nickname jerseys.

Nickname jerseys were cool, 1st names are lame.

The ones from last year were the best though.

Loved the large logos and even the sleeves to sell to the public, players shouldnt be forced to wear sleeves though.