• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Battle for the bottom.....Houston 8/8-10

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I don't know why he all of a sudden looks so clueless playing in the OF, I mean he was bad in CF, but he didn't look clueless, just rangeless

He's never going to be confused with a gazelle. Arm sucks too.

But he seems like between his new home in Texas, his contract and then add injury to his insult, and he's been an absolutely horrid OF pickup.

One I certainly never anticipated.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ, nobody is classifying Moreland as a DH BECUASE NO ONE IS EVEN TALKING ABOUT HIM, you are the one that constantly brings him up

Did he shun your romantic advances one time or something? Are you a jilted lover? Just curious b/c this hatefest with Moreland is just borderline weird now

:scratch:

I admit..... I have really wanted to see him off the team the last few years and been disappointed each year when he's on the opening day roster. If you look at his body of work, the guy really hasn't done much to justify staying on the team and to make matters worse, the team exacerbates the problem by making him a starter. In other words, it baffles me that our FO is so good and so intelligent, but year after year they keep trotting this guy out there. They always buy his " I was hurt" excuse and give him another year. We are losing production by giving him a full time spot. I wouldn't hate him so much if he was a bench player as his abilities indicate he should be.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be able to get much for EA, if anything. The trade for Kemp is fine by me. Sure, he has had bad luck with injuries in the past, but when he's in the field he'll be our best, or 2nd best player.

Butler hasnt been that productive in a few years (maybe playing in KC has waned on him) but I'm still not that interested.

I know its a "best case scenario" but its also a "never gonna happen" scenario. We don't get top pitching FA's here. We simply dont. Shields, Lester, and guys in that tier I wouldnt even get optimistic about. We're far more likely to bring back a McCarthey, or get Gallardo, or get a couple guys coming off injury who are signed to an incentive laden deal (morrow or J Johnson). Not even thinking about lester. I see no reason as to why he'd wanna come here.

What, are we gonna magically get the money to pay for him? Sure, Rios will be gone, but I'm still not seeing how we add much more especially after an abortion like this season has been.

On "the Fan" today Bacsik said he was talking to one of his scout friends in the Rangers organization and he said the Rangers would like to move Elvis, but teams aren't that interested. He said his scout talked to someone in the Yankees organization and they aren't interested anymore. They don't like his on the field attitude, and that seems to be the consensus around the league.....I guess take it all with a grain of salt, but I thought it was interesting.

I think his attitude would be fine if he was producing. He has a lot of fun out there for a guy who isn't getting better. IMO Elvis needs someone to tell him that he just isn't as good as he thinks he is. Maybe that would get him to work harder. I will always remember when he showed up to ST with a brand new tattoo and could even play.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit..... I have really wanted to see him off the team the last few years and been disappointed each year when he's on the opening day roster. If you look at his body of work, the guy really hasn't done much to justify staying on the team and to make matters worse, the team exacerbates the problem by making him a starter. In other words, it baffles me that our FO is so good and so intelligent, but year after year they keep trotting this guy out there. They always buy his " I was hurt" excuse and give him another year. We are losing production by giving him a full time spot. I wouldn't hate him so much if he was a bench player as his abilities indicate he should be.

WE GET IT... move on :gaah:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On "the Fan" today Bacsik said he was talking to one of his scout friends in the Rangers organization and he said the Rangers would like to move Elvis, but teams aren't that interested. He said his scout talked to someone in the Yankees organization and they aren't interested anymore. They don't like his on the field attitude, and that seems to be the consensus around the league.....I guess take it all with a grain of salt, but I thought it was interesting.

I think his attitude would be fine if he was producing. He has a lot of fun out there for a guy who isn't getting better. IMO Elvis needs someone to tell him that he just isn't as good as he thinks he is. Maybe that would get him to work harder. I will always remember when he showed up to ST with a brand new tattoo and could even play.

As I was bouncing off Saddles earlier, most of all EA's problems lands at the feet of said EA IMO. No one else. Period.

I'm really tired of hearing him talk about having fun, being who he is Bullshit.

He's being compensated like a premier player in this league, not just with this team, and he's played a lot like a AAA level player.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN board could use a man of your baseball knowledge. They love MM over there. Straighten them out on him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN board could use a man of your baseball knowledge. They love MM over there. Straighten them out on him.

:pound:....Welcome aboard sir.

You gonna get us a win tonight?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was bouncing off Saddles earlier, most of all EA's problems lands at the feet of said EA IMO. No one else. Period.

I'm really tired of hearing him talk about having fun, being who he is Bullshit.

He's being compensated like a premier player in this league, not just with this team, and he's played a lot like a AAA level player.

I remember the ESPN boards were still alive when we signed EA to that contract. Some of those morons gave us Ranger fans a hard time about it. I defended it at the time, but now that we've lost firepower and continue to put him out of place in the line-up his deficiencies have become much more apparent. Beltre has fun playing the game as much as anyone, but he knows when it's time to get to work and handle business.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money is the easiest thing to come by in the major leagues IMO. This team has money, and will have a lot more if Prince is determined to be permanently damaged.

You can talk budgets. But in reality, if this team wants to make something happen, they can financially make it happen. $$ will not be the stumbling block.

Do you get the sense that Butler would really benefit from a change of scenery?
I agree. This team was 8th in budget this year and we shoud have been higher based on market size. We also have the new local TV contract money next year. JD made a point of saying last offseason on a local radio program that he could go and ask to spend more money at any time, but he didn't feel he needed to based on what was available in free agency. He also mentioned though that he didn't think the next year's free agent class would be worth asking to spend more on so that would be this coming offseason's free agent class. The money is there, but the question is does JD want to spend it. Based on our market size we should be closer to 5th in overall spending, but that may not happen.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually look forward to the nights when Mikolas and Colby take the hill. Right now I think they're the best options to round out the rotation next year. I'm anxious to see if Miles can put back to back quality starts together.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers executive vice president of communications John Blake has announced [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]497840263944208384[/MEDIA]"]Twitter[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never gonna happen scenarios are your forte, Rios for some poor suckers top pitching prospect comes to mind

that wasnt my idea? it was JD's. But ya... I sure as hell went along with it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEADS UP BOYS. FRIDAY IS CHANEL 21 KTXA. HOPE YOU GET IT.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather JD overvalue every single one of our players than undervalue them. Sure, Rios is gone. But JD knows what he wants and he has an established reputation throughout the league of getting what he wants and not settling. JD has made mistakes before, but i have absolutely no problem with him not settling for shit for Rios. See what you can get now that he's cleared waivers. Maybe teams will have a better idea of where they stand in a week.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather JD overvalue every single one of our players than undervalue them. Sure, Rios is gone. But JD knows what he wants and he has an established reputation throughout the league of getting what he wants and not settling. JD has made mistakes before, but i have absolutely no problem with him not settling for shit for Rios. See what you can get now that he's cleared waivers. Maybe teams will have a better idea of where they stand in a week.

With the Biogenesis thing we might get lucky and another team has an OFer suspended. Just like we did with Nelly when we got Rios.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought at the time the Pirates trading Grilli for Frieri was a dumb move. Felt like Frieri would continue to stink but Grilli can be a roller coaster and when he is hot then he is tough. Just felt like it was a risk in the Angels favor. Now the Pirates have designated Frieri for assignment and Grilli is pitching very well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought at the time the Pirates trading Grilli for Frieri was a dumb move. Felt like Frieri would continue to stink but Grilli can be a roller coaster and when he is hot then he is tough. Just felt like it was a risk in the Angels favor. Now the Pirates have designated Frieri for assignment and Grilli is pitching very well.
Interesting. Thanks Wastin.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wasnt my idea? it was JD's. But ya... I sure as hell went along with it.

Well I'm not the only one that knew better, of course JD is going to push for maximum value when asked, but most knew that he wasn't getting what you were spouting off

Point is, JD probably never got offered anything close to that and it was more along the lines of the Leury Garcia's of the world

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the ESPN boards were still alive when we signed EA to that contract. Some of those morons gave us Ranger fans a hard time about it. I defended it at the time, but now that we've lost firepower and continue to put him out of place in the line-up his deficiencies have become much more apparent. Beltre has fun playing the game as much as anyone, but he knows when it's time to get to work and handle business.

This is a well said, right on the mark post to me!

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since All Star break Cruz hitting 113 with 1 HR and 3 RBIs.