• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball tournament thread

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk tourney in here. Help keep us busy while we wait for football season. Not sure how many other college basketball followers are on this board but I know @NDHoosier101 is. Anyone else? @jjc2009 @Irish7478 ?

Go Indiana, Notre Dame and/or Butler

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can talk tourney in here. Help keep us busy while we wait for football season. Not sure how many other college basketball followers are on this board but I know @NDHoosier101 is. Anyone else? @jjc2009 @Irish7478 ?

Go Indiana, Notre Dame and/or Butler
I love college hoops way more than pro. As I mentioned in the other thread, I grew up near Syracuse, and so they are my "local" team. My football allegiance is to ND because of my dad, who couldn't give a rip about basketball. So, naturally, my interest in this year's tournament is waning.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I consider it one of the greatest confluences of all time, when March Madness begins on St. Patty's day. Nothing cooler than being in a bar BEFORE those games start.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it March madness or rivalry week? Likely match ups between Notre Dame vs Michigan and Indiana vs Kentucky, two rivals that don't play eachother in the regular season anymore.

They had to underseed both IU and UK to pull it off, which is some bs.

Oh, also add Texas vs Texas AM to that list. Committee didn't even try to hide their agenda.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also sucks that Valpo got upset in their conference tourney final. Indiana would have put 5 teams in the dance. Four of which I'd cheer for.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also sucks that Valpo got upset in their conference tourney final. Indiana would have put 5 teams in the dance. Four of which I'd cheer for.

The one not being cheered for being Purdue I would assume?

I'm with ya

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think Northern Iowa beats Texas, so that Texas vs A&M might not be happening.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love college hoops way more than pro. As I mentioned in the other thread, I grew up near Syracuse, and so they are my "local" team. My football allegiance is to ND because of my dad, who couldn't give a rip about basketball. So, naturally, my interest in this year's tournament is waning.

I grew up in Northwest Indiana, very close to Chicago maybe 20 minutes from the south side.

Pro sports, I'm a Chicago fan. College football I'm a Notre Dame fan, since ND is almost a Chicago team anyways, and my strong Irish heritage in my family.

College basketball I pull for just about all Indiana teams, excluding Purdue (IU being my favorite). Basketball is rich in Indiana, and a lot of talent comes out of the state, so I like to see them do well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like ND basketball. I pay attention to them. UNC is my #1 but ND is my #2 in college basketball.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, the only basketball team i follow is the ND lady irish. have been a fan for many years and am pulling for the BIG upset this year over unconn.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fwiw, the only basketball team i follow is the ND lady irish. have been a fan for many years and am pulling for the BIG upset this year over unconn.

That makes sense

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Marquette basketball fan and they didn't even get in the NIT. I casually root for Wisconsin too but they're not going anywhere, they'll be fortunate to win one game this year. My father and the rest of my family root for Marquette too but dad also casually roots for Duke and coach K and also the Connecticut women, he's followed both of those teams for a very long time. I can still remember when my pa took us all to see the Marquette Warriors when Al McGuire was coach. I just loved that guy.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Marquette basketball fan and they didn't even get in the NIT. I casually root for Wisconsin too but they're not going anywhere, they'll be fortunate to win one game this year. My father and the rest of my family root for Marquette too but dad also casually roots for Duke and coach K and also the Connecticut women, he's followed both of those teams for a very long time. I can still remember when my pa took us all to see the Marquette Warriors when Al McGuire was coach. I just loved that guy.

My son went to Marquette my daughters went to ND. I support both basketball teams (all 4 when you include the women's teams). I think I mentioned this before, but Al McGuire came to my dorm room at ND one year (not to see me) which was pretty cool. I've only been to two Marquette games (once against ND) which were a lot of fun, especially sitting in the student section wearing my ND stuff.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Wade!

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler, Steve Novak, Wesley Matthews, Jae Crowder all pretty decent players right now. Going back Butch Lee, Dean the Dream Meminger, Jim Chones, Maurice Lucas, George Thompson, Earl Tatum, Jerome Whitehead, Sam Worthen, just to name a few. They've had a great storied tradition.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler, Steve Novak, Wesley Matthews, Jae Crowder all pretty decent players right now. Going back Butch Lee, Dean the Dream Meminger, Jim Chones, Maurice Lucas, George Thompson, Earl Tatum, Jerome Whitehead, Sam Worthen, just to name a few. They've had a great storied tradition.

How could you leave out Bo Ellis.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you leave out Bo Ellis.
if I remember correctly Bo Ellis designed those really neat old uniforms too. He was multi-talented sort of like old Al McGuire.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not be a fan of Muffy McGraw? If she can get those young ladies over the hump just once! First it was Tennessee and uhh... what's her name... their coach... then it was and continues to be UConn. Would be a bit ironic if the ladies finally win it after Skylar left, didn't she leave early or am I mistaken?

I cheer for the Irish, but the men's team has always shat the bed in the tourney. As it stands now, hasn't McGraw taken her teams further than Brey ever has multiple times?

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not be a fan of Muffy McGraw? If she can get those young ladies over the hump just once! First it was Tennessee and uhh... what's her name... their coach... then it was and continues to be UConn. Would be a bit ironic if the ladies finally win it after Skylar left, didn't she leave early or am I mistaken?

I cheer for the Irish, but the men's team has always shat the bed in the tourney. As it stands now, hasn't McGraw taken her teams further than Brey ever has multiple times?

Skylar did not leave early. You might be thinking about Jewell Lloyd who left a year early last year. It actually made sense for her to leave early since she was the #1 draft pick last year and she would not have been this year with Stewart from uconn coming out this year.

McGraw has gone to the final Four for the last 4 years (I think), but Brey has never made it that far. McGraw has won one national championship and could make a serious run at one next year with the team she has coming back. And I still think she has a shot this year as they lost to uconn by 10 without our best player.