• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barrea bought out by Wolves

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be the "best option out there", but for the vet minimum, I wouldn't mind having him on the team. The guy will atleast play defense and run the show well for 10-15 mins while Steph gets rest.

Not sure if the Livingston, Barbosa , Nedo backup point experiment is going to work.

SL hasn't played since he had surgery, Barbosa has probably lost a step. Nedo is 1 foot out the door now?

If the Wolves benched Rubio in favor of JJ for large stretches of the game, he can't be all bad right?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but JJ isn't going anywhere but Dallas.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be the "best option out there", but for the vet minimum, I wouldn't mind having him on the team. The guy will atleast play defense and run the show well for 10-15 mins while Steph gets rest.

Not sure if the Livingston, Barbosa , Nedo backup point experiment is going to work.

SL hasn't played since he had surgery, Barbosa has probably lost a step. Nedo is 1 foot out the door now?

If the Wolves benched Rubio in favor of JJ for large stretches of the game, he can't be all bad right?

Initial reaction: :clap::yes::clap::yes::clap::yes::clap:

Play defense? Nope. They didn't bench Rubio for this guy. They simply benched Rubio and had no options. But seriously... go ahead and sign him. Won't hurt my feelings one bit.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't wait for Curry or Klay to light up Dallas every moment Barea is on the floor.

I'm guessing Holiday's contract is non-guaranteed and he can be cut (I think Barbosa's might be as well, but I doubt they'd do that), but no way I would have done that to pick up Barea. I also think his contract was too large for us anyway, we're hard-capped and I think we'd have been over the hard cap, and thus not able to do it.

The role of the point guard in an offense like ours (or what it seems to be) is diminished..... lots of guys handling the ball, passing, moving, etc..... We're pretty flush with guys who can do what is needed without adding anybody. Livingston is coming back, Iguodala has shown that he is more than capable of doing what is needed within this offense, even Nedovic showed great stuff in the pre-season game where Curry sat out. I'm not remotely worried about back-up PG at this point.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to have JJ back. :nod:

GO MAVS!!