• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barbie (2023)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cancer is too strong. Only when common sense gets ignored does either become problematic.

Nope. They did studies on this. With rats

It’s literally cancer to society

Other human societies who made the same we mistakes we did have fallen as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They did studies on this. With rats

It’s literally cancer to society

Other human societies who made the same we mistakes we did have fallen as well.

So "all people are created equal" unless we don't like you?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 4 Gay GIF by Saturday Night Live

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't think the duo behind the movie have made anything bad. But I do suspect this movie will be feminist. I'm not sure what that means in 2023 without actually seeing it.

I have nothing against a classic feminist message about equality and respect. I know I'm not the target audience, but my wife really wants to see this. I just hope it's not too preachy and it's smart about its messaging.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against a classic feminist message about equality and respect. I know I'm not the target audience, but my wife really wants to see this. I just hope it's not too preachy and it's smart about its messaging.
My wife said she wants to see Oppenheimer in theaters and Barbie when it hits TV. Not looking that gift horse in the mouth.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 334819

I guess theyre just gonna have to do then.......

No question but she still has a ways to go... ;)

"If Barbie were an actual woman, she would be 5'9" tall, have a 39" bust, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe," Slayen wrote in the Huffington Post. "She likely would not menstruate... she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question but she still has a ways to go... ;)

"If Barbie were an actual woman, she would be 5'9" tall, have a 39" bust, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe," Slayen wrote in the Huffington Post. "She likely would not menstruate... she'd have to walk on all fours due to her proportions.

Sounds hot

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched it yet, but this thing is a behemoth. Who really that, with Indy, MI and several comic book movies being released this year, Barbie could win the Box Office crown.

I know it's a long way from that, but this is one hell of a start.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched it yet, but this thing is a behemoth. Who really that, with Indy, MI and several comic book movies being released this year, Barbie could win the Box Office crown.

I know it's a long way from that, but this is one hell of a start.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.

Add Fast X and Transformers 7 to the list of hyped movies already released this year that Barbie is beating.

Anyway, Barbie not just "could" win the box office crown this year -- it almost certainly will.

Most of the remaining major movies this year are not going to even get close:

- Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are the last gasps of a dying universe, and there's a good chance both will bomb like The Flash
- even if Kraven shakes off the stink of Morbius, its ceiling is Venom (more popular Spider-Man villain also in Sony's universe) numbers, and that's not enough
- Dune 2 is too niche
- Napoleon, as a historical drama w/o Christopher Nolan's name attached to it, has a ceiling of Oppenheimer numbers, and that's half Barbie's

There are only 2 real contenders that have a fighting chance, and both look unlikely:

- Captain Marvel 2 will probably do GotG3 numbers, with the ceiling being Captain Marvel 1 numbers, and that's just not enough
- Wish would have to turn into a Frozen-esque phenomenon, which seems unlikely, to beat Barbie

Barbie and Mario will almost certainly be #1 and #2 for this year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Add Fast X and Transformers 7 to the list of hyped movies already released this year that Barbie is beating.

Anyway, Barbie not just "could" win the box office crown this year -- it almost certainly will.

- Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are the last gasps of a dying universe, and there's a good chance both will bomb like The Flash
- even if Kraven shakes off the stink of Morbius, its ceiling is Venom (more popular Spider-Man villain also in Sony's universe) numbers, and that's not enough
- Dune 2 is too niche
- Napoleon, as a historical drama w/o Christopher Nolan's name attached to it, has a ceiling of Oppenheimer numbers, and that's half Barbie's

There are only 2 real contenders that have a fighting chance, and both look unlikely:

- Captain Marvel 2 will probably do GotG3 numbers, with the ceiling being Captain Marvel 1 numbers, and that's just not enough
- Wish would have to turn into a Frozen-esque phenomenon, which seems unlikely, to beat Barbie

Creator could do well.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Dune 2 is too niche

No one’s beating Mario at $1.3 billion. Also I don’t see it beating Across the Spiderverse which is currently at almost $700 million. Spiderverse’s first week in the US did about $120 million which I think Barbie will do, but I don’t see Barbie having the legs Spider-Man did when people realize it’s not a movie to take your children to.

Looking at this list, I don’t see it beating any movie in the top 5.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario is definitely #1.

I do think Spiderverse could beat out Guardians 3 in the US which is pretty massive imo.

Fast X doing well overseas probably locks that into the top 5.

Barbie I suspect should match Little Mermaid. Which would be a win.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, who knows with Barbie. I have no idea what their advertising budget is but they've certainly targeted me more than any movie recently.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one’s beating Mario at $1.3 billion. Also I don’t see it beating Across the Spiderverse which is currently at almost $700 million. Spiderverse’s first week in the US did about $120 million which I think Barbie will do, but I don’t see Barbie having the legs Spider-Man did when people realize it’s not a movie to take your children to.

Looking at this list, I don’t see it beating any movie in the top 5.

Barbie projected for 160 opening weekend last I saw.

That gives it a solid head start on Spiderverse.