• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama's schedule is pretty bad but..

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In comment # 266 you said 25,000 Buckeye fans made the trip. Now you're trying to say not many TCU fans went to the game when attendance was 66,342? Alrighty then.

So that's a difference of 41,342 fans. I wonder who those other 40,000+ were rooting for?

Sorry you can't comprehend what I was saying, because I definitely did not say that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes absolutely no sense to me, but it seems we'll just have to disagree.
How does it not? Do you sleep exactly the same in hotels? After having traveled quite a bit over the last 5-6 years for work, I can also say crossing time zones can drag, too. It's a totally different thing than being able to stay home and prepare.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it not? Do you sleep exactly the same in hotels? After having traveled quite a bit over the last 5-6 years for work, I can also say crossing time zones can drag, too. It's a totally different thing than being able to stay home and prepare.

Like I said we'll have to agree to disagree. It's not like they flew to the West Coast or anything. Or flew from California to east coast for a Noon kickoff. That I can understand. It's a one hour difference. No different than when you have to travel to NW, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I've come to the conclusion that Oklahoma and Texas ain't very bright when it comes to scheduling. They are supposed to have a bye or play a cupcake the week before the RRSO. Not a frickin' conference game. Come on guys. Get with the program.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that along with those "guaranteed conference wins" come guaranteed conference losses as well, right?

If you replace that conference game with an FCS or low level FBS team, you are basically only adding guaranteed wins.

Yeah, but you have to actually win against G5 teams before you can turn those losses into wins.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is gonna probably have 2 good regular season wins: LSU and aTm.

Ohio State is only gonna have 2 good regular season wins:PSU and Michigan

Clemson is gonna only have 2: aTm and NCState
Texas A&M

:pound::pound::pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M

:pound::pound::pound:

They play the toughest schedule in college football, and only have loses against Clemson and Alabama, while just beating a top15 Kentucky team last week.

And the only reason they lost to Clemson IMO is because the refs screwed them over.

So I really don't know what you are laughing about. Must be one of the ones Edisto mentions about not actually watching college football.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: Ohio St fans are pathetic.

It's a neutral site game because you don't sleep so well in a hotel room? Fuck off you pussy.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play the toughest schedule in college football, and only have loses against Clemson and Alabama, while just beating a top15 Kentucky team last week.

And the only reason they lost to Clemson IMO is because the refs screwed them over.

So I really don't know what you are laughing about. Must be one of the ones Edisto mentions about not actually watching college football.

Ehh.. they have a mediocre at best offense. The defense has major issues vs the pass. The nice thing is they haven’t seen any legit passing attacks outside of Bama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you ain't a very fit, well trained 18-22 year old D1 college football player. Those suckers can sleep on a concrete floor with a tornado coming through town.

I slept on many concrete floors when I was that age. All I needed was a little space to pass out in and I was good.

Hell when I was in the army, we would sleep on top of the tank while out in the field....because people who sleep on the ground around tanks have a tendency to get run over.

Pathetic excuses IMO.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a neutral site game because you don't sleep so well in a hotel room? Fuck off you pussy.

Ohio State has issues on defense. I am not a fan of their DC. They are going to run man free all day. They have been getting gashed on big plays. Schiano needs to mix things up a bit and stop relying on NFL talent to bail them out. Good offenses are going to rack up big plays on them

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh.. they have a mediocre at best offense. The defense has major issues vs the pass. The nice thing is they haven’t seen any legit passing attacks outside of Bama.

Maybe, but how many teams in the country do you think are going to play their schedule and come out better than 4-2?

Replace Alabama and Clemson with some crap teams like many others have schedules so far, A&M is likely 6-0 and being considered a top10 team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has issues on defense. I am not a fan of their DC. They are going to run man free all day. They have been getting gashed on big plays. Schiano needs to mix things up a bit and stop relying on NFL talent to bail them out. Good offenses are going to rack up big plays on them

Alabama has issues on defense too, especially since we just lost our best CB who actually turned around for the ball for the season last week.

Luckily for us the offenses we face the rest of the year get easier than we've had thus far, while the defenses get tougher.

But come SECCG/Playoff time, Alabama might be in trouble if we don't have some players step up.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was really hoping you of all people would see that. That excuse sounds ridiculous to me too.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but how many teams in the country do you think are going to play their schedule and come out better than 4-2?

Replace Alabama and Clemson with some crap teams like many others have schedules so far, A&M is likely 6-0 and being considered a top10 team.

A lot. Basically talking 2 losses for most teams, though I don’t think Clemson is that good. 3 gummies games and a count flip with UK. UK has a good defense, a running game, and a disaster at QB. Lots of teams beat them, especially when the coaches give Bennie the ball 13 times. That was next level coaching

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol A&M has beat one team

You’re such a crybaby dude

Go cry to edisto, maybe he’ll give a fuck

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol A&M has beat one team

You’re such a crybaby dude

Go cry to edisto, maybe he’ll give a fuck

So they are equal with Ohio St?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot. Basically talking 2 losses for most teams, though I don’t think Clemson is that good. 3 gummies games and a count flip with UK. UK has a good defense, a running game, and a disaster at QB. Lots of teams beat them, especially when the coaches give Bennie the ball 13 times. That was next level coaching

Clemson seems below what they've been the past few years to me, but then I also don't really see any other teams stepping up.

As far as A&M goes, they seem to be a much better team this year than they have been in the past with Sumlin and so far Jimbo seems to be making a difference. I don't know if we are going to see the usual A&M October falloff this year.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that along with those "guaranteed conference wins" come guaranteed conference losses as well, right?

If you replace that conference game with an FCS or low level FBS team, you are basically only adding guaranteed wins.

That would be true if conferences won 100% of the FCS and low level FBS teams. The SEC wins 76% of those games, I'm guessing the Pac is somewhere below that.