• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama RB Derrick Henry to visit Hawks this week

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about Henry? If by beast you mean fast, sure, but if by beast you mean a guy that breaks tackles and such, no he's nothing like that. He goes down pretty dang easy for a quote "big back". He's more like a scat back in a big body.
How much of Derrick Henry have you watched? Be honest.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Several . Not sure how many to be honest. I'm involved in FF dynasty so I like to go to draft break down where they break down film on a player, so you can see all the snaps in a condense version and focuses on the player your watching. Doesn't make me a expert, but gives me a opinion, for what ever that's worth.:nod:

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think Henry could be a good back for someone, don't see him as a Seahawks next season. He's not lasting to their second pick IMO and don't see them using their first pick on them.
Lynch and Rawls really fight for every yard, just didn't see that with Henry, perhaps you disagree on that or perhaps you figure that's not important to the Seahawks as much as athletic ability, he's got plenty of that.
However think Jordan Howard really fits the Lynch/Rawls mode as he does fight for every inch, not nearly the athlete Henry is, but got that desire. Also should be available much lower in the draft.

This is the off season so debating players in the draft is what we got for a NFL junkie like myself.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several . Not sure how many to be honest. I'm involved in FF dynasty so I like to go to draft break down where they break down film on a player, so you can see all the snaps in a condense version and focuses on the player your watching. Doesn't make me a expert, but gives me a opinion, for what ever that's worth.:nod:
Interesting. I have been a Henry fan ever since the 2014 season when I went to the Iron Bowl in "Bama. He looked like a man amongst boys. I watched probably nearly all of about 10 games of his in his last couple years at Bama and never once did I get the impression he went down easy. Bottled up at the line sometimes? Sure. But you're talking about a guy who had four 200+ yard rushing games this past season in the SEC. I don't know how you do that by going down easily.

I also haven't seen any "experts" include that in their evals of him either, unlike when McFadden was coming out. Maybe there is one out there -- I just haven't seen it. Seen comparisons between him and Eddie George though, which I think is a pretty fair comp.

Now that said, I am not necessarily an advocate of using 1.26 on him, but it wouldn't be the worst move. I think he's going to be a very good producer in the NFL through his first contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I have been a Henry fan ever since the 2014 season when I went to the Iron Bowl in "Bama. He looked like a man amongst boys. I watched probably nearly all of about 10 games of his in his last couple years at Bama and never once did I get the impression he went down easy. Bottled up at the line sometimes? Sure. But you're talking about a guy who had four 200+ yard rushing games this past season in the SEC. I don't know how you do that by going down easily.

I also haven't seen any "experts" include that in their evals of him either, unlike when McFadden was coming out. Maybe there is one out there -- I just haven't seen it. Seen comparisons between him and Eddie George though, which I think is a pretty fair comp.

Now that said, I am not necessarily an advocate of using 1.26 on him, but it wouldn't be the worst move. I think he's going to be a very good producer in the NFL through his first contract.
Figured you must be a Henry fan. That's fine, it's all good. Don't get upset, just because I see it differently. He makes some huge gains that are ESPN highlight type, but I still insist he doesn't fight for yards on a regular basis. That Bama OL does him a ton of good allowing him to get to the second level where he excels IMO, not sure that's going to be happening in the NFL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured you must be a Henry fan. That's fine, it's all good. Don't get upset, just because I see it differently. He makes some huge gains that are ESPN highlight type, but I still insist he doesn't fight for yards on a regular basis. That Bama OL does him a ton of good allowing him to get to the second level where he excels IMO, not sure that's going to be happening in the NFL.
Upset? Cmon man, give me some credit. Not close to upset. I just think your opinion is off.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry wont be a man among boys in the nfl. I dont see him being productive, he has busted alabama RB written all over him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people dismiss players simply because of where they played college ball?

Every player is different.

Those same types of people were the ones saying that Rodgers was just another Tedford product and will be no better than Kyle Boller.