• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama RB Derrick Henry to visit Hawks this week

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry will be a big bust, like every alabama running back since alexander. i would be pretty po'd if we took him in the 1st or even the 2nd. i wouldnt even want him in the 4th round.

Mmmm, I'd definitely take him in the 4th, that'd be great value. 1st would be terrible... Henry is projected to go in the 2nd according to most mocks. Our 2nd? Hmm, sure.

This draft isn't that great for O-Line and the DL/LBer class is extremely deep. Henry is a guy that you basically just give the ball to and tell him to hit a hole. Don't ask him to cut, don't try to pass it to him... just let him wear out a defense. He'd be a good compliment to Rawls.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather have the guy from Notre Dame, he is far more dynamic. Looks to be in the mold of what they wanted to do with fred jackson last year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm, I'd definitely take him in the 4th, that'd be great value. 1st would be terrible... Henry is projected to go in the 2nd according to most mocks. Our 2nd? Hmm, sure.

This draft isn't that great for O-Line and the DL/LBer class is extremely deep. Henry is a guy that you basically just give the ball to and tell him to hit a hole. Don't ask him to cut, don't try to pass it to him... just let him wear out a defense. He'd be a good compliment to Rawls.
The 4th would be a huge steal. Even if he is a bust. I don't think he gets past the 3rd. I really don't see him getting out of the 2nd. I had already mentioned I don't think Henry is tge back for Seattle. They need the change of pace back. Shifty, decent blocker and able to catch out of the bacfield. Plenty of decent backs like that likely to go 3-4th rounds.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise from ND would be a good back for us. Converted wr, and we know the love converted players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise from ND would be a good back for us. Converted wr, and we know the love converted players.
Totally agree. Prosise could be had late 2nd or 3rd possibly unless teams start to panic. He also played safety. I think on the right team and if falls to the 3rd he could be the steal of the draft. I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats move uo in the 3rd if he's there. Assuming NE doesn't take a RB in the 2nd?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Henry for the Hawks in Round 2. I've seen a couple of ESPN features on him (or maybe a feature and an article?) and it seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and has drive. He's obviously a physical beast, so if they don't think Rawls is going to be back to what he was when healthy last year, I would be happy with Henry. 1st seems too early with other more pressing needs, but 2nd round seems reasonable to me.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Henry for the Hawks in Round 2. I've seen a couple of ESPN features on him (or maybe a feature and an article?) and it seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and has drive. He's obviously a physical beast, so if they don't think Rawls is going to be back to what he was when healthy last year, I would be happy with Henry. 1st seems too early with other more pressing needs, but 2nd round seems reasonable to me.
You watch his games? Not a physical beast, if you mean like Lynch. He's goes down pretty easy when tackled, dang good if he gets past the line of scrimmage to the second level though. That's where he makes his hay, dang fast.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch his games? Not a physical beast, if you mean like Lynch. He's goes down pretty easy when tackled, dang good if he gets past the line of scrimmage to the second level though. That's where he makes his hay, dang fast.

I guess not enough of them (or not with enough focus on him). He certainly looks like a beast, and put up impressive numbers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess not enough of them (or not with enough focus on him). He certainly looks like a beast, and put up impressive numbers.

Check this game out. It's shorten up so you can just see Henry for the most part. Reminds more of Turbin, big guy that's fast, but not powerful.

Derrick Henry vs Ole Miss (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Then compare to a RB I like for the Seahawks.

Jordan Howard vs Southern Illinois (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so perhaps you view these guys differently then I do after watching the same video. However I really like what I see from Howard.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Henry on this team but not at where most mocks have us taking him. More pressing issues need to be addressed first then RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like Henry on this team but not at where most mocks have us taking him. More pressing issues need to be addressed first then RB.
True, he's going to get picked to soon, I'm guessing in the second myself. I'd rather have Howard any way and he can be gotten a round or two later......I think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, he's going to get picked to soon, I'm guessing in the second myself. I'd rather have Howard any way and he can be gotten a round or two later......I think.

Second rounder is too high of a pick for me considering the needs of both lines. The second third rounder they have would be fine, but yes he'll be off the board by then.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thought about RB. I know everybody is counting on Rawls to bounce back from a broken ankle and be great, but I recommend caution, lots of RB looked good in limited appearances. J. Hill and C.J. Anderson come to mind. Looked great playing like a half a season, but not so much season 2. Rawls got to over come a broken ankle on top of that, think the Seahawks should hope for the best, but prepare for the worse in this case. They need to draft a RB1 who can compete with Rawls, but they should be able to do that round 3 or 4 hopefully.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thought about RB. I know everybody is counting on Rawls to bounce back from a broken ankle and be great, but I recommend caution, lots of RB looked good in limited appearances. J. Hill and C.J. Anderson come to mind. Looked great playing like a half a season, but not so much season 2. Rawls got to over come a broken ankle on top of that, think the Seahawks should hope for the best, but prepare for the worse in this case. They need to draft a RB1 who can compete with Rawls, but they should be able to do that round 3 or 4 hopefully.

Good point Harold! With the way the RB position has devalued over the years, the FO can find that RB1 in the middle rounds. First 4 picks can address both lines and a LB and find the RB1 in round 4 or 5.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry won't last the 2nd. Jerrah has a boner for him and desperate to improve the RB by committee situation in big D. A few other teams have big needs at RB as well.

I do agree that the Seahawks have big needs at Oline, Dline, OLB, and could even use an upgrade at the CB position opposite Sherman.

It would feel like a reach to take him with our late 1st, but we could do a lot worse as well. I think the trend of RBs stock in drafts being lower continues. Henry gets taken in the 2nd. If he's there for our 2nd pick, it would be a nice get.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this game out. It's shorten up so you can just see Henry for the most part. Reminds more of Turbin, big guy that's fast, but not powerful.

Derrick Henry vs Ole Miss (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Then compare to a RB I like for the Seahawks.

Jordan Howard vs Southern Illinois (2015) | Draft Breakdown

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so perhaps you view these guys differently then I do after watching the same video. However I really like what I see from Howard.

Regards to Henry, I'm just not a big fan of his... He runs too tall for me... Reminds me of Darrin McFaddin... Runs a bit to stiff, upright as well, which is why I think he goes down a bit too easy... Just because he's a big back, doesn't mean he's a physical back...

However, I love Jordan Howard's style... He fits our mold more so imo...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regards to Henry, I'm just not a big fan of his... He runs too tall for me... Reminds me of Darrin McFaddin... Runs a bit to stiff, upright as well, which is why I think he goes down a bit too easy... Just because he's a big back, doesn't mean he's a physical back...

However, I love Jordan Howard's style... He fits our mold more so imo...

Howard fights for every yard and is plenty fast enough for runs to the outside. Plus he can be drafted much lower in the draft then Henry. Henry doesn't fight for yards, that's a black eye to me. Been spoiled with Lynch and Rawls.:suds:

Last edited:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can catch the ball out of the backfield and block he could be a solid pick. Shit, if he can catch and block then you could move him to TE if he doesn't work out in the backfield. I wouldn't go after him in the 1st but if he's there in the 2nd then he's probably worth a hard look. He's a beast physically.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can catch the ball out of the backfield and block he could be a solid pick. Shit, if he can catch and block then you could move him to TE if he doesn't work out in the backfield. I wouldn't go after him in the 1st but if he's there in the 2nd then he's probably worth a hard look. He's a beast physically.
You talking about Henry? If by beast you mean fast, sure, but if by beast you mean a guy that breaks tackles and such, no he's nothing like that. He goes down pretty dang easy for a quote "big back". He's more like a scat back in a big body.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about Henry? If by beast you mean fast, sure, but if by beast you mean a guy that breaks tackles and such, no he's nothing like that. He goes down pretty dang easy for a quote "big back". He's more like a scat back in a big body.

Well that's not how I'm seeing him. He's 6'3". That's just too tall for a featured back because he's going to be running too high and it's too easy to get to his hips. But with Wilson and Rawls an athletic freak that can catch out of the backfield, get a few carries on misdirection, and pick up maybe 10-15 carries a game could work. I don't think he'll work for many teams because he isn't a guy that's going to be able to put up numbers in a traditional roll but if we can get him at a good spot then he's definitely worth a look. His body makes him very versatile. It's just a matter of whether he can catch and block.