• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bama DC to Cleveland Browns

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say that stupid shit every year.

Truth is Saban is a fucking douche bag and most people don't want to be around him any more than they have to.

That's what it seems like to me. They like having working under him on their resume, but leave as soon as they get a good offer elsewhere. They have zero assistants left over from their 2017 natty season.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth is Saban is a fucking douche bag and most people don't want to be around him any more than they have to.
Bama insiders have been calling all of these changes since the OU game. Enos amd Gattis are the only 2 that left on their own. Saban made a mistake and hired a bunch of recruiters and not guys that can do X and O's.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what it seems like to me. They like having working under him on their resume, but leave as soon as they get a good offer elsewhere. They have zero assistants left over from their 2017 natty season.

That's 100% right.

The simplest answer is usually the right one and that one is pretty simple.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama insiders have been calling all of these changes since the OU game. Enos amd Gattis are the only 2 that left on their own. Saban made a mistake and hired a bunch of recruiters and not guys that can do X and O's.

I'll make the prediction that the exact same thing will happen next year and the new coaches aren't even hired yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not calling out 4down bc he’s one of the few gumps I like, but you are on the money with this statement. This was from when UGA hired Smart...

I wish him success obviously, but I'd be lying if I thought this was a good hire for Georgia.

Saban has a process and yes he is a fucking douche. It’s like Bellichick and Brady, they can plug and play players in that offense.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make the prediction that the exact same thing will happen next year and the new coaches aren't even hired yet.
Last years staff got fired because they couldnt recruit. Saban went off on them the day after the NC game. He overreacted and hired a bunch of recruiters that couldnt coach for shit.

He thought our line was too soft under Key and that Tosh was a dumbass calling a game.Tosh was told if he didnt find a new job he was being demoted infavor of Pete Golding..(there is a reason Golding turned down all these DC jobs) Also expect our DLine coach Kuligowski to find a new job as we are probably bringing Bo Davis back.

Every departure has been expected except Gattid and Enos.

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still fucked up from all the damn “Touchdown Clemson” calls. I really dislike Kirk Fowler now. Sonsabitches!!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years staff got fired because they couldnt recruit. Saban went off on them the day after the NC game. He overreacted and hired a bunch of recruiters that couldnt coach for shit.

He thought our line was too soft under Key and that Tosh was a dumbass calling a game.Tosh was told if he didnt find a new job he was being demoted infavor of Pete Golding..(there is a reason Golding turned down all these DC jobs) Also expect our DLine coach Kuligowski to find a new job as we are probably bringing Bo Davis back.

Every departure has been expected except Gattid and Enos.

well the good thing is that you have a champion of life on staff eagerly awaiting his chance to get shit canned next year.

giphy.gif

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the good thing is that you have a champion of life on staff eagerly awaiting his chance to get shit canned next year.

giphy.gif
He is gonna coach WRs just hasnt been announced yet.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not calling out 4down bc he’s one of the few gumps I like, but you are on the money with this statement. This was from when UGA hired Smart...

Saban has a process and yes he is a fucking douche. It’s like Bellichick and Brady, they can plug and play players in that offense.

Dv6L44aUUAAO9hw.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I heard the rumor that it wasn't going to be announced until after NSD, which made no sense to me and I started to doubt the rumor. But I guess the rumors turned out to be true anyway.

Losing a good recruiter, but I'd rather have a DC than a recruiter. So good luck.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I heard the rumor that it wasn't going to be announced until after NSD, which made no sense to me and I started to doubt the rumor. But I guess the rumors turned out to be true anyway.

Losing a good recruiter, but I'd rather have a DC than a recruiter. So good luck.
It was suppose to wait until after NSD...someone leaked it. Probably means we wont be getting To'oto

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was suppose to wait until after NSD...someone leaked it. Probably means we wont be getting To'oto

Don't care. Kids who commit to coaches instead of schools aren't too bright IMO.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like that made a difference LOL

The only reason this happened was Tosh was worried about getting a pay check. He is a state employee and he heard there was a government shut down coming. If he wasn’t so worried Bama wins by 17. #trueSECstories

tOSUstate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Saban call most/all of the defensive plays?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Saban is interested in Washington DC Jimmy Lake.

Also interested in Bo Davis or former Bama LB Freddie Roach as DL coach..

Butch will either be RB or WRs.Lance Taylor will coach whatever Butch doesnt.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken from another Board......

Take it for what it's worth- rivals poster cliffs

- Tosh moving because he's not ready to be a DC
- Saban helped find the Browns job and wanted to protect Tosh from an out and out firing
- he sold Tosh on the Browns job to get NFL experience and diversify his resume, and Tosh thinks it will help his career more than going to be a position coach/recruiter at another school
- making a serious run at Jimmy Lake from UW. Lake is a proven DC and his west coast ties fit for recruiting
- Golding would get an associate head coach title tacked on
- Saban thinks Golding is a defensive wizard and loves his mind
- Butch will coach RBs, Taylor WR, Pannunzio off field role