• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad rookie class, or tremendous depth?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may regret posting this exchange between Fisher and the media because it probably will be taken the wrong way. I shouldn't have to acknowledge but I will anyways that a couple plays does not tell the most accurate story on him or define what he's ultimately going to be in the future. However, this does confirm some of my early concerns I had with him.

Q: Jeff, what happened with Jenkins in this game? Specifically what happened on the Marlon Moore touchdown?

A: He fell asleep again (sighs). Got caught looking into the backfield again. Had some missed tackles and then obviously the fumble (on the punt return). It's been a work in progress. He likes jumping those routes. He'll continue to work at it. Has to get rid of some of those bad habits, but he's working at it.

Boom. Jenkins makes so many flashy plays because he sacrifices A LOT in coverage.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boom. Jenkins makes so many flashy plays because he sacrifices A LOT in coverage.

Little habits that can be corrected. With regard to pure physical ability to cover someone, he's at an elite level now in comparisons to his 2012 colleagues. Every rookie has to go through a phase with the mental part of the game. This is so minute and can be corrected through experience and leadership from a fellow veteran. Really you guys think that that is a serious issue? be serious.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good question,

I would say that we are deep. Our team are made of veterans and we cant mess up the flow with young guys, let them sit, watch and then play. They also need to gain more muscle

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One thing I think is if Staley is out this week, I'd rather have a young RG come in that we drafted instead of old man Leonard Davis. Instead we have Jenkins and James who do not even dress.

Our O-line depth is not that great IMHO. Same goes for our safety depth. Goldson or Whitner go down I'm concerned too.

We've been real lucky with injuries so far.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing I think is if Staley is out this week, I'd rather have a young RG come in that we drafted instead of old man Leonard Davis. Instead we have Jenkins and James who do not even dress.

Our O-line depth is not that great IMHO. Same goes for our safety depth. Goldson or Whitner go down I'm concerned too.

We've been real lucky with injuries so far.

no doubt we've been lucky with injuries, going back to last SEASON. but we can't worry about depth now, plus all teams go thru this.

at this point, go with whomever they think will play RG best? if it is Leonard Davis, then so be it. if it is Kilgore, then so be it. we need to win now and stay in the West hunt.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tremendous depth.... but no rookie good enough to play to from the start.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like we're housing a NCAA program here... all this freshmen won't see the field til their Sophmore year.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Freud is all about the "Libido". And both the defense mechanism I described earlier are primitive defenses that derived from the Freudian school of thought.

Stop hating on Jenkins! Don't recite only one game...much less a game in which he dominated!

Last year I said Patrick Peterson wasnt that good because some team roasted him and he is playing pretty well so far. But some guys pan out and get better or some get worse looks at Nnamdi, he looked great all those years against the Cheifs, Chargers and Bronos, now he is playing against great QBs in the NFC and he's a mess.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to go with the depth we are a solid all around team.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/23/had-a-bad-day-team-week-7/

Cornerbacks: Janoris Jenkins, SL (-5.3) and Brandon McDonald, TB (-4.2)

Jenkins is starting to find out how hard life in the NFL can be. He gave up 121 yards and a touchdown on the 11 balls thrown into his coverage. Meanwhile McDonald, who was only on the field for 39 snaps, allowed five targets his way to be complete for 79 yards while missing two tackles. Tough times.