• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad rookie class, or tremendous depth?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, let's hope he continues his exemplary college behaviour and gets arrested a few times to make us feel better. :)

I'll settle for and be happy even if he keeps up with his current ON FIELD behavior and tendencies. That'll be enough for me.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'll settle for and be happy even if he keeps up with his current ON FIELD behavior and tendencies. That'll be enough for me.

No kidding, I haven't seen much of the Rams this year, but what I have seen has usually involved Jenkins running 2 yards behind the guy he's supposed to be covering. Arizona would have torched him if Kolb could throw an accurate pass.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
None of our rookies have played a snap this year. In fact, not a single one has even been active for a game. Is it because it's a poor, or raw draft class, or is it because we're an extremely deep team? A combination of both?

I actually thought it was one of our better drafts in a while.

I am assuming it is because of this here. Also, I also thought that it was too late in the draft (waited a bit too long) to address the RG position. This is when we all assumed that that was our weakest position entering the year. In retrospect, Boone is playing his position as good as anybody in the league. Just a shocker to me and I love it. AJ is going to be a good receiver for us, but I still feel as if we drafted the wrong Jenkins. I'd take a potential elite receiver any day of the week ahead of a very good receiver. I am OK with the LMJ pick in the 2nd round. 3rd round or later we should have targeted the WR position (preferably Juron Criner ).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex is keeping LMJ off the field because once Kaep starts, LMJ will be activated. Something about being on top of the QBR and passer rating lists makes it hard to change QBs. Just kidding, I think he's still learning and will come out pretty soon (soon as in by the end of the season rather than next year).

CJ Spiller had no success in the NFL his rookie year. When we drafted LMJ I expected to witness the same production (lack of) but to a lesser extent than what we saw in CJ's first year. LMJ will explode in his 3rd year similar to CJ. We need to have extra patience with LMJ, but I don't expect the same from Jenkins. I want to see immediate result from a 1st round WR.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On a side note, we do have a lot of bitter fans on this board also known as Janoris haters. Insert him in our lineup he would take anyone of our corners job, yet people are really their premature ego defense known as "Ratoonalization"or better yet, "Denial". Sigmund Freud would be proud.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Spiller had no success in the NFL his rookie year. When we drafted LMJ I expected to witness the same production (lack of) but to a lesser extent than what we saw in CJ's first year. LMJ will explode in his 3rd year similar to CJ. We need to have extra patience with LMJ, but I don't expect the same from Jenkins. I want to see immediate result from a 1st round WR.

some wr's take a year to get adjusted. i'm not really worried especially with how crabtree and mario are playing.

retech

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the rookies are having difficulty learning the offense, but Mario Manningham, who took an astronomical amount of time to learn the Giants playbook before being able to show off his talents, signed only a month before the draft and regularly sees playing time. I hope it's just a ploy and we'll see them inserted into the lineups soon giving the opposing late down the stretch just another thing to lookout for.
Agreed; I think both James and Jenkins will play later in the year and that both will prove their worth going forward.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that James is this bad. I thought he had a real shot at being successful like Darren Spoules. The fact that he can't crack the lineup is mystifying. Is he too stupid to learn the plays? What's the deal?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On a side note, we do have a lot of bitter fans on this board also known as Janoris haters. Insert him in our lineup he would take anyone of our corners job, yet people are really their premature ego defense known as "Ratoonalization"or better yet, "Denial". Sigmund Freud would be proud.

Freud is all about the Oedipus Complex.

And no one is rationalizing anything. Quality QB play from AZ would have seen him toasted.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Freud is all about the "Libido". And both the defense mechanism I described earlier are primitive defenses that derived from the Freudian school of thought.

Stop hating on Jenkins! Don't recite only one game...much less a game in which he dominated!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Freud is all about the "Libido". And both the defense mechanism I described earlier are primitive defenses that derived from the Freudian school of thought.

Stop hating on Jenkins! Don't recite only one game...much less a game in which he dominated!

He "dominated" because Kolb was horrible. He was consistently throwing 2 steps behind his target, and lo and behold, that's where Jenkins was.

I know you started carving his Canton bust already, but maybe slide off for a bit.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God is Janoris Jenkins overrated on this board. He's consistently getting burned on the field. He'll make the occasional big play, but he's running behind receivers more often than not.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another high utilizer of a primitive ego defense.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Geez Bingo, you've convinced me with your First Year Psych Major knowledge that clyde, pozz and I are wrong about Jenkins not playing well. I keep saying he's playing poorly because I want to be right with my pre-draft thoughts on him.

What was saying about him pre-draft? Oh yeah, that he had the talent to be the best CB in the draft but his off-field issues could present problems.

Tell me again how saying he's playing poorly on the field supports my pre-draft position that he was the best CB in the draft?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much with this Freud BS.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't take credit when credit is not due. Clyde went on record saying that Janoris didn't have the talent to be a first round pick. It wasn't all about a character issue for him. If my memory serves me right you also ranked Claiborne ahead of Jenkins. You and Clyde was so high on Gilmore who is by far the most abused corner in the league. He talks about players being overrated, but yet to point out the flaws in Gilmore and the atrocity it is for him seeing the field this year as a corner.

You guys insist that Jenkins is playing bad football, but all of the analyst around the league who gets paychecks for doing this are all raving about Janoris. Deion Sanders, Jeff Fisher, Mike Mayock, Kurt Warner, Steve Mariucci, lots of beat writers...etc. are all have said every to the contrary of what you guys are saying.

PS - yup my "psych major"is more than sufficient to diagnosed you guys as being delusional. Smh.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another high utilizer of a primitive ego defense.

If he's playing I'll give it up. He's not. And you, Sickness, 1z, and others are acting like he's be godly out there and are already proclaiming that he would've been a much better pick than Jenkins.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take credit when credit is not due. Clyde went on record saying that Janoris didn't have the talent to be a first round pick. It wasn't all about a character issue for him. If my memory serves me right you also ranked Claiborne ahead of Jenkins. You and Clyde was so high on Gilmore who is by far the most abused corner in the league. He talks about players being overrated, but yet to point out the flaws in Gilmore and the atrocity it is for him seeing the field this year as a corner.

You guys insist that Jenkins is playing bad football, but all of the analyst around the league who gets paychecks for doing this are all raving about Janoris. Deion Sanders, Jeff Fisher, Mike Mayock, Kurt Warner, Steve Mariucci, lots of beat writers...etc. are all have said every to the contrary of what you guys are saying.

PS - yup my "psych major"is more than sufficient to diagnosed you guys as being delusional. Smh.

I said Jenkins was such a headcase that I wouldn't touch him until the 4th round. Stop making stuff up.

And I was never THAT high on Gilmore. I loved his explosion, but consistently admitted that he's extremely raw as a CB, and might need to switch to FS to make a strong impact in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aren't you the one that said you would have drafted an elite corner (Revis) ahead of a an elite Pass Rusher / MLB (Aldon/Patrick)?! You said the same for elite receiver and elite corner comparison. So why is it now an issue and that rule doesn't apply for Janoris vs. AJ? Corner vs. receiver?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I may regret posting this exchange between Fisher and the media because it probably will be taken the wrong way. I shouldn't have to acknowledge but I will anyways that a couple plays does not tell the most accurate story on him or define what he's ultimately going to be in the future. However, this does confirm some of my early concerns I had with him.

Q: Jeff, what happened with Jenkins in this game? Specifically what happened on the Marlon Moore touchdown?

A: He fell asleep again (sighs). Got caught looking into the backfield again. Had some missed tackles and then obviously the fumble (on the punt return). It's been a work in progress. He likes jumping those routes. He'll continue to work at it. Has to get rid of some of those bad habits, but he's working at it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the one that said you would have drafted an elite corner (Revis) ahead of a an elite Pass Rusher / MLB (Aldon/Patrick)?! You said the same for elite receiver and elite corner comparison. So why is it now an issue and that rule doesn't apply for Janoris vs. AJ? Corner vs. receiver?

Because I don't think Janoris will be an elite CB. I thought that was a given.