• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad Look For NFL

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that it is true, none of your arguments matter and you're just trolling, but we both knew that.

I'm not saying that predictions are baseless... I'm just saying that putting too much stock in statistics like you've posted is silly. What the fuck do the previous 39 4th quarter 14 point leads have in common besides those 2 factors?

I can find any set of numbers to support whatever argument I want... as long as I ignore many other factors that my adjust my prediction.

enjoy your statistical security blanket while Big Red gets outcoached in Seattle.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that predictions are baseless... I'm just saying that putting too much stock in statistics like you've posted is silly. What the fuck do the previous 39 4th quarter 14 point leads have in common besides those 2 factors?

I can find any set of numbers to support whatever argument I want... as long as I ignore many other factors that my adjust my prediction.

enjoy your statistical security blanket while Big Red gets outcoached in Seattle.
Sigh, yet you're gonna do this with narrative? And you don't see the hypocrisy in this?

Fascinating.

But ok, we can do something with better stats, like DVOA if we want to play this game. I personally despise things that aren't semi-verifiable as narratives tend to be. If I am overly reliant on stats, so be it. Far too much of that anti-intellectual bullshit in American society right now; no patience for it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh, yet you're gonna do this with narrative? And you don't see the hypocrisy in this?

Fascinating.

But ok, we can do something with better stats, like DVOA if we want to play this game. I personally despise things that aren't semi-verifiable as narratives tend to be. If I am overly reliant on stats, so be it.

I predict Fat Andy is outcoached in Seattle. I don't know enough about the chargers to predict their game against the Ravens, but if forced I'll pick the chargers with the Ravens crossing the country and shorter week.

should I find some stats on the cross country away teams to support my argument?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Fat Andy is outcoached in Seattle. I don't know enough about the chargers to predict their game against the Ravens, but if forced I'll pick the chargers with the Ravens crossing the country and shorter week.

should I find some stats on the cross country away teams to support my argument?
Ideally, but this is a message board so I don't care that much- it's not my job to police arguments on the Hoop.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this could look bad but do we even care at this point. Let's wait and see what happens. If the league wants to do something about it, they can and will. I think there are options.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for who wins the ACFW, lots of shit can happen. The Chiefs have to go to Seattle which could be tough but doable for them. Chargers have to travel to Mile High at the end of the month which is the same type of thing but with the added division rival wanting to play spoiler. Both teams could go 1-1 the last 2 games easily. Or both could go 2-0.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all of this Andy Reid hate but the Chiefs have had some serious issues staying healthy under his tenure. They were the 19th healthiest team last year, 26th the year before. Probably not going to make the top 15 this year.

I get that its part of the game but you'd figure at some point they'd have a 'healthy' year mixed in.

Chargers fans probably feel the same way, though.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all of this Andy Reid hate but the Chiefs have had some serious issues staying healthy under his tenure. They were the 19th healthiest team last year, 26th the year before. Probably not going to make the top 15 this year.

I get that its part of the game but you'd figure at some point they'd have a 'healthy' year mixed in

they have 'rankings' based on injuries? how do they account for one injury being more important than another ? Say, starting WR versus back-up long snapper?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that its part of the game but you'd figure at some point they'd have a 'healthy' year mixed in

8e157a25c98d3f61f47f35675a0541e7_400x400.jpeg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they'll suddenly move them to the Coliseum given the Chargers will have about 50,000 new fans this week since they won and Rams lost.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at including gravity in the same sentence as selective statistics.
I mean, the tweet I posted is certainly selective in that it is responding to a selective narrative.

The % chance of winning the division however is holistic, by it's very nature.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put stock into data, facts, verifiable things like gravity, math, you know?

then at least use something more reliable than FPI .... it's not that great of a predictor system. I pick more games right in my pick 'em league than FPI gets right.

Here's some helpful information so you can start using more reliable computer prediction systems if that's the only way you can discuss possible game outcomes

ThePredictionTracker NFL RESULTS

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then at least use something more reliable than FPI .... it's not that great of a predictor system. I pick more games right in my pick 'em league than FPI gets right.

Here's some helpful information so you can start using more reliable computer prediction systems if that's the only way you can discuss possible game outcomes

ThePredictionTracker NFL RESULTS
Cool.

I appreciate this a lot more than cliche nonsense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have 'rankings' based on injuries? how do they account for one injury being more important than another ? Say, starting WR versus back-up long snapper?
Yeah, that ranking isnt an exact science but you never really could have one. They merely show which teams are reliant on backups.

Its not really a stat I'd champion but people bring up the Chiefs' collapses and two of the ones involving Reid were very heavily influenced by injuries.

The Chiefs team rolling out now is also not nearly as good as the one from week 1

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.

I appreciate this a lot more than cliche nonsense.

calling your computer models a joke is cliche unless you counter with a different computer model you claim is better because... statistics.