• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

backup fantasy QB Tebow

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should have started him but the short leash had me worried. It was still exciting to watch though.

The short leash and the unleashing of Oakland's blitz had me convinced Tebow would be leaving this game early whether he was pulled out by Jackson or wheeled out on a stretcher.

The kid has nearly zero NFL QB qualities, is perhaps the most mechanically un-sound QB in the league and yet he is now 2-1 and the fans in Denver are demanding him. It will be interesting to watch over the next few games to see how this story develops especially now that the AFC West is a four-team, one-game race.

I agree, yesterday was fun to watch. Especially since the Raiders didn't just lose at home to their arch rival, they lost at home to their arch rival and Tim Tebow, something I'm certain not one Raider fan thought was possible!

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The short leash and the unleashing of Oakland's blitz had me convinced Tebow would be leaving this game early whether he was pulled out by Jackson or wheeled out on a stretcher.

The kid has nearly zero NFL QB qualities, is perhaps the most mechanically un-sound QB in the league and yet he is now 2-1 and the fans in Denver are demanding him. It will be interesting to watch over the next few games to see how this story develops especially now that the AFC West is a four-team, one-game race.

I agree, yesterday was fun to watch. Especially since the Raiders didn't just lose at home to their arch rival, they lost at home to their arch rival and Tim Tebow, something I'm certain not one Raider fan thought was possible!

The thing that made me keep him in was historically if you look at his rushing stats he always gets between 50 and 100 yards rushing and more than 50% of the time he rushes for a TD. So in standard ESPN scoring that adds up.
He's the third best rushing fantasy QB behind Newton and Vick, and I don't think he's too far behind them.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing that made me keep him in was historically if you look at his rushing stats he always gets between 50 and 100 yards rushing and more than 50% of the time he rushes for a TD. So in standard ESPN scoring that adds up.
He's the third best rushing fantasy QB behind Newton and Vick, and I don't think he's too far behind them.

I would say your call was spot-on, far superior to my advice.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would say your call was spot-on, far superior to my advice.

Thanks. I was still nervous starting the guy with Cassel and Freeman available... although I think teams ahead of me on the waiver priority snapped up Freeman.

Cassel was a dud. I don't understand how your team can lay such an egg against winless Miami after you beat the Chargers. Must have been an emotional letdown or something.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks. I was still nervous starting the guy with Cassel and Freeman available... although I think teams ahead of me on the waiver priority snapped up Freeman.

Cassel was a dud. I don't understand how your team can lay such an egg against winless Miami after you beat the Chargers. Must have been an emotional letdown or something.

Yeah, something, and at Arrowhead as well. I expected that to be a 40 point blow-out.