• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backstrom 10 years, 6.7 per year

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like you went MD and said if OV had a career ending injury, he would be in the HHOF out of respect for how good he was going to be. ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like you went MD and said if OV had a career ending injury, he would be in the HHOF out of respect for how good he was going to be. ;)

LOL! You are saying I'm not MD, but I'm a little offended you even went into that neighborhood. ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a quick comment on some previous comments...isn't schultz one of the caps top Dmen? i thought he was leading in +/- (the deceiving stat) and was a good shutdown guy. let me tell you from experience, don't undervalue that. but only 3 million? be aware that the value of such Dmen has skyrocketed. *sigh* oh how i miss you scuds and gill. *tear*

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is also a big time locker room leader and one of the most intense players on the team (hidden by his outward demeanor). He is one of the most vocal guys in the dressing room and has been known to challenge Ovi when he needs it. His talk before the third period of the Oilers game this year, along with Ovi has become an urban legend.

I think the Caps should strap a permanent "A" on him and sy OK guys, this team is yours. Alex, Nick, take it over and make it click.

I was just about to ask how he fits in, in the lockerroom. If the guys are well liked leaders, these deals pay off. "Prima Donna" double digit signings ,on the other hand, can sink a ship.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate this deal. Not because he isn't worth it but because it means Stamkos and, more important to me, Doughty will get even bigger numbers.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a quick comment on some previous comments...isn't schultz one of the caps top Dmen? i thought he was leading in +/- (the deceiving stat) and was a good shutdown guy. let me tell you from experience, don't undervalue that. but only 3 million? be aware that the value of such Dmen has skyrocketed. *sigh* oh how i miss you scuds and gill. *tear*

Good thoughts, P66. A couple clarifications. Yes, Schultz was one of our best D-men this year. The guy has a big body and smothers people along the boards. He had a great year and I'll think he'll be a steady, but not phenomenal, defender in the coming years. He's a RFA and far from a sure thing, so it's possible someone else will offer him big coin. But he doesn't have a long track record at this point, so I don't think we'll see any offers in the $4 million + range. My guess is low to mid 3s for a few years.

He had a great year, but he's not far removed from this either...

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Yes, it is me. I'm curious. How did you picture me?

Had to take down the O-Vech-Kan! since Green & Semin Can't! Figured I'd just go with a pic of myself for now.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I pictured you....maybe a little younger....

I didn't picture you having a retreating hairline either...actually thought you might have had black or dark brown hair for some reason

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was at that game with my brother. Immediately after Dubinsky scored I turned to him. He was seething and I said that Schultz was the worst thing to hit the blue line for the Caps since Joel Kwiatkowski.

I was shocked at how good a season he put in this year. I really thought he was just going to stay terrible.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at that game with my brother. Immediately after Dubinsky scored I turned to him. He was seething and I said that Schultz was the worst thing to hit the blue line for the Caps since Joel Kwiatkowski.

I was shocked at how good a season he put in this year. I really thought he was just going to stay terrible.

I thought the same! Schultz was the biggest surprise this year for me. I was dogging on him at the start of the year and have been shocked at how good he's gotten. Kudos to him. I was totally wrong about the guy.

As to my hair (lol - funny that is the discussion here), yes, it's in "retreat!" It sucks. Such is life. But no, I don't have brown/black hair. I'm Scandahoovian just like Backy!

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the same! Schultz was the biggest surprise this year for me. I was dogging on him at the start of the year and have been shocked at how good he's gotten. Kudos to him. I was totally wrong about the guy.

As to my hair (lol - funny that is the discussion here), yes, it's in "retreat!" It sucks. Such is life. But no, I don't have brown/black hair. I'm Scandahoovian just like Backy!

My hair has been in retreat since I was 19. I think it surrendered about 2 years ago.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I thought I was the only one who thought that was right:rolleyes:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about an awkward turn. retreating hairlines and all...hahaha
ksmn2597l.jpg