• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread B1G Tournament

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty easy. Iowa went from winning big to playing close games. Iowa can't win close games because their PG is fucking terrible in close games. GlThats pretty much the only difference. If Iowa doesn't play any close games in the tourney they'll be great. Good odds on that I'm sure lol
Too bad that's not all that's missing from this team. They're a bunch of frickin pussys.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game ya fuckn Illini yas! :suds:

AT LEAST...
Iowa now has over a week to prepare for what's important...while eerbody else will be killing themselves looking to win a senseless, useless media spectacle tournament for the contributor class up until the last hour on selection Sunday. what a stupid crock of shit.

oh yes, and re: scUM/NW...
Coach Collins had it exactly (prophetically) right in the closing minutes of regulation when he was yelling "They don't want us to win" (about the refs and B1G powers-that-be) to his squad...cheap, shitty, obvious bs calls killed the Wildcats, not the Walverines.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad that's not all that's missing from this team. They're a bunch of frickin pussys.
Sure but it's the biggest thing. The difference between a 1 seed and a 6 or 7 is winning close games. Gessell prevents Iowa from even getting the opportunity at game winning shots by turning it over or forcing his own offense. It's insane because the guy literally refuses to shoot the first 38 minutes of a game yet in the last 2 you can't fucking pry the ball from his hands. Unless you're a defender that is.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to LOL @ Iowa basketball but I'm a Vandy fan so I'll just leave quietly. :gaah:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to LOL @ Iowa basketball but I'm a Vandy fan so I'll just leave quietly. :gaah:

Iowa deserves LOL for the past month. They were considered one of the best teams in the country and completely fell off the cliff. That is LOL worthy, even from Vandy fans. :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa deserves LOL for the past month. They were considered one of the best teams in the country and completely fell off the cliff. That is LOL worthy, even from Vandy fans. :L

How much of this do fans attribute to poor coaching?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of this do fans attribute to poor coaching?

Some do. They say his play calling needs to improve. I think they all like Fran, they just think he could do better at play calling at certain times. He took the job when Iowa basketball was at its all time low, so there is appreciation that he brought the team up from nothing, and his recruiting classes are improving.

But here at the end of the season, most blame is put on poor clutch execution by players and weird changes in play calling. An example is the last time they faced Indiana. They were doing great taking it to the rim and many of the Hoosiers were getting in foul trouble. Then they all of a sudden went to shooting 3-pointers and missed most of them.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the only one watching PSU and OSU?
It's hard to watch the Buckeyes without swearing. They are young and play like about half the time they have cranial rectal inversion. They don't know how to play with the lead and are careless with the ball.

I assume tomorrow will be the 3rd loss vs MSU in the last 3 weeks. (Thanks, schedulers for that brilliant work).

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but it's the biggest thing. The difference between a 1 seed and a 6 or 7 is winning close games. Gessell prevents Iowa from even getting the opportunity at game winning shots by turning it over or forcing his own offense. It's insane because the guy literally refuses to shoot the first 38 minutes of a game yet in the last 2 you can't fucking pry the ball from his hands. Unless you're a defender that is.

I agree with you on gessell, his shot is gone. He's most effective driving to the basket for a layup. I laugh when you talk seeds 1 to 6 or 7, fuck we couldn't beat the 12 seed in the Big Ten! This team is so weak in the head. We have zero inside game and don't hustle or play smart.

Typical Iowa; do just enough to get fans excited then shit the bed.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on gessell, his shot is gone. He's most effective driving to the basket for a layup. I laugh when you talk seeds 1 to 6 or 7, fuck we couldn't beat the 12 seed in the Big Ten! This team is so weak in the head. We have zero inside game and don't hustle or play smart.

Typical Iowa; do just enough to get fans excited then shit the bed.
It's especially annoying because of how they started and how open this year is. You don't fucking obliterate Purdue and MSU 2 times each and sit at 19-4 by luck. You do it because you're capable of doing it. I have no clue what to expect next week. I'm assuming we are a 7 seed but the team is capable of beating anyone. That said they'll probably blow a 13 point lead to the 10 seed and lose by 2

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's especially annoying because of how they started and how open this year is. You don't fucking obliterate Purdue and MSU 2 times each and sit at 19-4 by luck. You do it because you're capable of doing it. I have no clue what to expect next week. I'm assuming we are a 7 seed but the team is capable of beating anyone. That said they'll probably blow a 13 point lead to the 10 seed and lose by 2

I see them getting one of those games before the round of 64 where it is a battle for 7th seed. Iowa will win by 15-20. Then play that 10th seed and blow a huge lead to lose by 2, most likely a missed 3 pt buzzer beater.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 2 guys score 50 of our 66 points and then a bunch of shit. The 3 other starters can just go ahead and graduate. Fran needs to plan for next year.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 2 guys score 50 of our 66 points and then a bunch of shit. The 3 other starters can just go ahead and graduate. Fran needs to plan for next year.

I agree. I have like Gesell his whole career because he was the brunt worker. He was the jack-of-all-trades and expert-at-none. But lately, as a senior, the only thing he has improved on is causing fouls.

He should play the young bench a lot more. I was pissed about Jok's 5th penalty - the double technical where Jok pushed back - as he was on fire and that was a dumb penalty. However, him and Uthoff were the reason they were still in it at the end. I can't be too upset with him.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IU is the 1 seed but I really feel like they're the 3rd best team in the conference. I still think Maryland is the most complete team in the B1G, just waiting for them to put it together.

Maybe they never will

It's pretty late for them. Tremble seems to at least be back to normal though.

Just defensive about IU. Everyone has been talking shit this whole season and low and behold we win the conference outright by TWO games. "Weak" schedule or not, that says something about this team.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Wisky and Nebraska play off eachother's uniforms? That's cute.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them getting one of those games before the round of 64 where it is a battle for 7th seed. Iowa will win by 15-20. Then play that 10th seed and blow a huge lead to lose by 2, most likely a missed 3 pt buzzer beater.
Play ins are only for 11 or 12 seeds so I think we are ok there lol. I'm just looking forward hoping this team gets its chemistry back

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the worst game we have played since the opener. Seriously, it looks like someone drugged Nigel and Bronson.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams that played yesterday won today. That bodes well for Michigan and OSU tomorrow