• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be huge for the NCAA Runner-ups!

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy if Michigan finishes well in football. I got to think Beilein is going to have a down year with our luck.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comes out of absolutely nowhere.

He hadnt done much stat wise his first 2 years in the program, but as at least expected to be a contributing rotational player this season.

My only guess is that he possibly had some sort of entitlement to the starting spot that Kyle Young seems to be assuming going into the season. Even then with the minutes that KBD and Tate leave behind he still would have gotten plenty of action.

Decent blow to Ohio State's big depth though. Freshman Jaedon LeDee is going to have to step up even more now

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comes out of absolutely nowhere.

He hadnt done much stat wise his first 2 years in the program, but as at least expected to be a contributing rotational player this season.

My only guess is that he possibly had some sort of entitlement to the starting spot that Kyle Young seems to be assuming going into the season. Even then with the minutes that KBD and Tate leave behind he still would have gotten plenty of action.

Decent blow to Ohio State's big depth though. Freshman Jaedon LeDee is going to have to step up even more now

I thought he was in for a good year. He could have potentially been a nice stretch 4/5 depending on how Holtmann wanted to play. I think he could have been a 8 and 6 type of guy. If anything his experience will be missed.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was in for a good year. He could have potentially been a nice stretch 4/5 depending on how Holtmann wanted to play. I think he could have been a 8 and 6 type of guy. If anything his experience will be missed.

He did get the lowest amount of minutes of anyone in the exhibition that wasn't a walk on. Not sure if that was some kind of writing on the wall.

I guess this could be taken as Young/LeDee have been progressing so well that Potter was falling down the pecking order. Or at least Potter felt that way. Potter's ceiling is definitely the lowest of the 3 IMO. He still seemed primed to provide some decent minutes this year though. The experience will definitely be missed. Better now than in middle of the season though. Gear up with the youngsters and see how it goes.

Or an unknown off the court issue.

In the grand scheme it's not a huge blow but it does cause some depth issues down low.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did get the lowest amount of minutes of anyone in the exhibition that wasn't a walk on. Not sure if that was some kind of writing on the wall.

I guess this could be taken as Young/LeDee have been progressing so well that Potter was falling down the pecking order. Or at least Potter felt that way. Potter's ceiling is definitely the lowest of the 3 IMO. He still seemed primed to provide some decent minutes this year though. The experience will definitely be missed. Better now than in middle of the season though. Gear up with the youngsters and see how it goes.

Or an unknown off the court issue.

Yeah that could definitely be the case with the young guys. The only problem is Ohio State opens up with 2 out of 3 in true road games, which will be hostile environments. The young guys won't have any easier games at the beginning of the year to ease the transition.

On a side note. Pretty cool to see Ohio State and Cincy play each other.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that could definitely be the case with the young guys. The only problem is Ohio State opens up with 2 out of 3 in true road games, which will be hostile environments. The young guys won't have any easier games at the beginning of the year to ease the transition.

On a side note. Pretty cool to see Ohio State and Cincy play each other.

If we can get 1/2 vs Cincy/Creighton i'd be happy. Both shouldn't be as good as last year, but neither are we at this point so we will see how it goes.

The first month the season is gonna be rough throwing these guys into the fire in general. 5 of our first 9 are against major conference competition (Cincy/Creighton/Syracuse/Minnesota/Illinois) We will see what they are made of fairly quickly.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get 1/2 vs Cincy/Creighton i'd be happy. Both shouldn't be as good as last year, but neither are we at this point so we will see how it goes.

The first month the season is gonna be rough throwing these guys into the fire in general. 5 of our first 9 are against major conference competition (Cincy/Creighton/Syracuse/Minnesota/Illinois) We will see what they are made of fairly quickly.

Yeah a split on those early road games would be a pretty nice start. Certainly isn't out of the question because like you said those teams lose a lot off last year's teams respectively.

And yeah I noticed that early season schedule as well. Then after the couple B1G games you play UCLA on a neutral, which will be another tough game.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah a split on those early road games would be a pretty nice start. Certainly isn't out of the question because like you said those teams lose a lot off last year's teams respectively.

And yeah I noticed that early season schedule as well. Then after the couple B1G games you play UCLA on a neutral, which will be another tough game.

I like the uptick in early season competition. Our OOC schedules were getting downright dreadful especially toward the end of the Matta era. It helps going into conference play having that extra grind against tougher teams. This year is going to be some growing pains, but itll be worth it down the line getting that extra experience against better opponents.

As long as we avoid the bad OOC loss (like last year, the last 2 years under Matta we had at least 1 each season) I'll take whatever comes this year against the tougher teams.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much PT Keyshawn Woods is going to get @ Ohio State. He has a good offensive game (when he isn't playing selfish ball and going ISO), but he can't play defense at this level.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the uptick in early season competition. Our OOC schedules were getting downright dreadful especially toward the end of the Matta era. It helps going into conference play having that extra grind against tougher teams. This year is going to be some growing pains, but itll be worth it down the line getting that extra experience against better opponents.

Yeah I think you guys went 11-7 in the B1G a couple years back and didn't make the tournament because of OOC.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much PT Keyshawn Woods is going to get @ Ohio State. He has a good offensive game (when he isn't playing selfish ball and going ISO), but he can't play defense at this level.

He will get quite a bit, started the exhibition and played 23 minutes. We are really young at Guard and have nobody who is really a proven scorer, so he will be relied upon for that. Defense is obviously a concern but that's something we just kind of have to take to get the offense that is gonna be needed.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get quite a bit, started the exhibition and played 23 minutes. We are really young at Guard and have nobody who is really a proven scorer, so he will be relied upon for that. Defense is obviously a concern but that's something we just kind of have to take to get the offense that is gonna be needed.

he wasn't good at all last year, but when he was a sophomore, he put up some pretty numbers on the offensive side of the ball

12.5 PPG/4.2 RPG/3.5 APG(1.7 TOPG, so greater than a 2:1 assist to TO ratio)

50% FG (insane stat for a 6'3 guard, tbh), 44% 3 PT FG

he might be the worst perimeter defender I have ever seen, so you're going to have to hide him on defense

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think you guys went 11-7 in the B1G a couple years back and didn't make the tournament because of OOC.

That was 2015-2016.

They ironically beat Kentucky that year. But also lost to Texas Arlington, La Tech and a mediocre Memphis team.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wasn't good at all last year, but when he was a sophomore, he put up some pretty numbers on the offensive side of the ball

12.5 PPG/4.2 RPG/3.5 APG(1.7 TOPG, so greater than a 2:1 assist to TO ratio)

50% FG (insane stat for a 6'3 guard, tbh), 44% 3 PT FG

he might be the worst perimeter defender I have ever seen, so you're going to have to hide him on defense

I think the fire is underneath him to perform, Holtmann seems like he wont hesitate to bench him for a freshmen if hes not. So we can only hope he plays closer to his Sophomore numbers.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was 2015-2016.

They ironically beat Kentucky that year. But also lost to Texas Arlington, La Tech and a mediocre Memphis team.

Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me. Lol.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that doesn't make any sense to me. Lol.

Matta's last few years there was just no intensity, things kinda turned stale. Players/Coaches & recruits seemingly lost interest. Player development wasn't there. They could crank out a big win here and there but all around there was just mediocrity.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskers allowing 36 points per game