• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you think Championships are the only factor? Only a simpleton thinks that way.

UMn has sent TWICE as many players to the Olympics as all but one school in the nation. And they dwarf every other school in gold medals won and medals in general.

UMn has 18 players ranked among the Top 600 scorers in the NHL right now, few if any other schools even have 18 who've played just one game this season. UMn's had the most every year for many now. UMn has sent more to the NHL all-time than any other school, and I don't think it's even close.

UMn has produced by far the most US Hockey Hall of Famers, and again, it's not even close.

I've never said championships are the only factor. That's just more bullshit from you.

You still haven't figured out that every time I respond to you it's a reminder of how overly homeristic you are. The fact you think Minnesota is on par with N.D. football historically because of what they did in the 1900's, 30's & 40's is proof you take your fandom way too far.

Remember when you said Minnesota hockey is one of the best hockey programs in the country even though they haven't won a title since '03? And while they have the 2nd most title game trips (12) they have the worst record of the top 4 all time (5-7). N. Dakota- 13 trips / 8-5 record. Denver- 12 trips / 8-3 record. meeeechegan- 12 trips / 9-3 record.

There's nothing wrong with having some pride in the teams you root for. But you take it to a level that no other person on this site have ever gone.

You've even gone as far as to say that sites like espn, collegefootballnews & 247sports all have "biased agendas" because none of them have your Gophers ranked in the top 10 CFB programs of all time. But you think some site called tip-top25 is legit because it's the only site I've found that has your team in the top 10 all time.

The only person that can't see you're the worst homer on this site is you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said championships are the only factor. That's just more bullshit from you.

Oh really? Then why did you downgrade every other factor when I brought them up and responded with only that one factor???

You still haven't figured out that every time I respond to you it's a reminder of how overly homeristic you are. The fact you think Minnesota is on par with N.D. football historically because of what they did in the 1900's, 30's & 40's is proof you take your fandom way too far.

I never stated that. "That's just more bullshit from you.". Touche you dumb mother fucker. I NEVER claimed UMn's overall cfb history compared to Notre Dame's OVERALL history, you dumb thick skulled MORON, I said UMn's cfb history UP TO 1942, compared to Notre Dame's history UP TO 1942, Duh. How are you so stupid you can't understand this??? It can only be that you don't want to, you know that's a legit comparison/statement and the only way you can win the argument is if you LIE and try to claim that I'm making a ridiculous unwinnable INSANE and dumb argument, that no on on planet earth with an IQ over 40 would make. So it's obvious it is YOU who is lying and the nutjob with no functioning brain.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when you said Minnesota hockey is one of the best hockey programs in the country even though they haven't won a title since '03? And while they have the 2nd most title game trips (12) they have the worst record of the top 4 all time (5-7). N. Dakota- 13 trips / 8-5 record. Denver- 12 trips / 8-3 record. meeeechegan- 12 trips / 9-3 record.

And they have....

THE MOST Hockey Hall of Famers
THE MOST US Hockey Hall of Famers, and it's not even close.

THE MOST US Men's Olympians,
and it's not even close, it's like 58 for UMn and less than 29 for the 3rd best school on the list. UW was #2 I think, back when UMn was at 54 and they were at like 30? I don't think they had a single guy on the 2022 team? So UMn moved up to 58 and they are still at like 30-34 or whatever? Either way, they are NOT EVEN CLOSE.
could
THE MOST NHLers, overall with well over 100, and right now this year, with well over 20, including 18 ranked in the Top 600 in scoring, meaning at least 7 pts scored. IS probably the first school EVER in all of history to have at least 20 players score a point.

THE MOST wins in the NCAA tourney.
THE MOST trips to the NCAA tourney.
THE MOST Hobey Bake winners? Now this one I'm not sure on, we've got 4, including the first ever, and the first goalie ever. And the award didn't start until AFTER our glory years under Herb Brooks.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've even gone as far as to say that sites like espn, collegefootballnews & 247sports all have "biased agendas" because none of them have your Gophers ranked in the top 10 CFB programs of all time. But you think some site called tip-top25 is legit because it's the only site I've found that has your team in the top 10 all time.

Of course, just like ALL big time media, they serve those who pay their bills.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 70 years of college football minnesota ranks 80th in win pct.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Then why did you downgrade every other factor when I brought them up and responded with only that one factor???

I never stated that. "That's just more bullshit from you.". Touche you dumb mother fucker. I NEVER claimed UMn's overall cfb history compared to Notre Dame's OVERALL history, you dumb thick skulled MORON, I said UMn's cfb history UP TO 1942, compared to Notre Dame's history UP TO 1942, Duh. How are you so stupid you can't understand this??? It can only be that you don't want to, you know that's a legit comparison/statement and the only way you can win the argument is if you LIE and try to claim that I'm making a ridiculous unwinnable INSANE and dumb argument, that no on on planet earth with an IQ over 40 would make. So it's obvious it is YOU who is lying and the nutjob with no functioning brain.

You still trying to compare Minnesota football to N.D. football? Even without mentioning national championships N.D. has more Heisman winners, all american's, HOF coaches and more wins.

But keep telling yourself I'm wrong in what I just said so I can laugh at you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they have....

THE MOST Hockey Hall of Famers
THE MOST US Hockey Hall of Famers, and it's not even close.

THE MOST US Men's Olympians,
and it's not even close, it's like 58 for UMn and less than 29 for the 3rd best school on the list. UW was #2 I think, back when UMn was at 54 and they were at like 30? I don't think they had a single guy on the 2022 team? So UMn moved up to 58 and they are still at like 30-34 or whatever? Either way, they are NOT EVEN CLOSE.
could
THE MOST NHLers, overall with well over 100, and right now this year, with well over 20, including 18 ranked in the Top 600 in scoring, meaning at least 7 pts scored. IS probably the first school EVER in all of history to have at least 20 players score a point.

THE MOST wins in the NCAA tourney.
THE MOST trips to the NCAA tourney.
THE MOST Hobey Bake winners? Now this one I'm not sure on, we've got 4, including the first ever, and the first goalie ever. And the award didn't start until AFTER our glory years under Herb Brooks.

And nobody but you cares. The only way you can make Minnesota relevant is mention everything they've done in the past.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, just like ALL big time media, they serve those who pay their bills.

And there it is. If any sites out there don't have your team ranked high enough you got the issues. Nothing else needs to be said. You're the worst homer on this site. You make maizeNblue09 look rational.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 70 years of college football minnesota ranks 80th in win pct.
And yet STILL ranks among the Top 10-25 programs of all-time. LOL.

And yet STILL ranks among the Top Ten all-time in # of Natl Titles won!

And yet STILL has managed to rank Top 10 at producing NFL HOFers.

And yet STILL has managed to rank Top 25 at producing NFL players.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still trying to compare Minnesota football to N.D. football? Even without mentioning national championships N.D. has more Heisman winners, all american's, HOF coaches and more wins.

But keep telling yourself I'm wrong in what I just said so I can laugh at you.
What part of the words "UP TO 1942" don't you comprehend? You have to be the dumbest human being I've ever met at this site.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of the words "UP TO 1942" don't you comprehend? You have to be the dumbest human being I've ever met at this site.

Yeah I forgot to call you out on that. So here it is. Odd you never mentioned only to 1942 until yesterday. After all the homerism you've been spewing for a while now to cherry-pick seasons isn't going to work.

You've said for far too long that Minnesota is par with N.D. historically. You can't back peddle your way outta this.

Historically doesn't mean you selecting the seasons you wanna acknowledge and ignoring everything else.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet STILL ranks among the Top 10-25 programs of all-time. LOL.

And yet STILL ranks among the Top Ten all-time in # of Natl Titles won!

And yet STILL has managed to rank Top 10 at producing NFL HOFers.

And yet STILL has managed to rank Top 25 at producing NFL players.

And yet still has not won a BIG title in nearly 50 years

Your metrics are dumb.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody but you cares. The only way you can make Minnesota relevant is mention everything they've done in the past.
The post you responded to was about hockey, and Minnesota is RIGHT NOW the #1 producer of NHL talent. All-time for sure, but also RIGHT NOW this 2021-2022 NHL season. UMn's broken the record for most players in the NHL in one season 2 or 3 times now in the last several years.

And those things I mentioned Minnesota was #1 in all-time, # of wins in the NCAA tourney and # of NCAA tourney appearances, were more recent than they were ancient like Michigan's and Denver's.

If you only look at the last 50 years, Minnesota is #1 in Frozen Four Appearances and #2 in NCAA Titles.

Almost half of Michigan's Frozen Four appearances, 12 of their 26, are from further back than the past 50 year period.

OVER half of Denver's Frozen Four appearances, 10 of 18, are from further back than the past 50 year period.

Less than 20% of Minnesota's are over 50 years old, 4 of 22.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I forgot to call you out on that. So here it is. Odd you never mentioned only to 1942 until yesterday. After all the homerism you've been spewing for a while now to cherry-pick seasons isn't going to work.

You've said for far too long that Minnesota is par with N.D. historically. You can't back peddle your way outta this.

Historically doesn't mean you selecting the seasons you wanna acknowledge and ignoring everything else.
Dude, I said up to 1942 or America's entrance into WW2 or the bombing of Pearl Harbor many times in the past, and I suspect everyone but you knew what I meant. But you are the dumbest human I've met on this site, so it's not hard to understand how you got such a dumb idea into your head.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My metrics are true/factual.

Harvard, Princeton, and Yale also have a bunch of Natty's

How they doing in the playoff rankings

Unless you are approaching 60 you have not personally experienced a single BIG title in football and you may have enjoyed one legit BIG hoops title. The rest of your spiel are niche sports very few in the Midwest give a fuck about.

Minnesota fans probably care deeply about hockey...but it's a niche sport. There are two college sports that drive revenue...hoops and football. That's it.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gobucks is the only OSU fan I've ever met who ever talked about OSU hockey.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvard, Princeton, and Yale also have a bunch of Natty's

How they doing in the playoff rankings

Unless you are approaching 60 you have not personally experienced a single BIG title in football and you may have enjoyed one legit BIG hoops title. The rest of your spiel are niche sports very few in the Midwest give a fuck about.

Minnesota fans probably care deeply about hockey...but it's a niche sport. There are two college sports that drive revenue...hoops and football. That's it.
Hockey makes schools money, including Minnesota. And there has been more corruption and cheating in football and basketball, too.

NHLers still make more on average than NFLers. Not bad for a niche sport that no one in the midwest cares about. Funny how all the best college hockey teams are in the midwest? lol

I experienced a B1G bb title in 1972, the famed Iron 5 team and enjoyed a 1977 team that produced several NBA players and beat the eventual champs Marquette in Marquette, and that got their entire season nullified and got kept out of the NCAA tournament for an infraction that doesn't even lose a program a game now days, much less an NCAA tourney birth or an entire season. Then experienced the 81 and 82 team that had an NIT run and a B1G title. Also enjoyed the 89 and 90 teams that went to the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, got to go to those last two games of the 1990 team's. And whether you want to credit UMn for it or not I enjoyed the 1997 Final Four run quite abit. No one tries to deny UNC or UCLA titles that they won by cheating, wonder why that is? Because the NCAA has never been about fair, only about making money. But either way, no matter.

I've also enjoyed watching a sizeable percentage of the NBA and NFL players the Gophers have produced over the years that ranks them high in the rankings of pro producing schools.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gobucks is the only OSU fan I've ever met who ever talked about OSU hockey.
Well, OSU only making 2 Frozen Fours in all of college hockey history might have something to do with that? At least Minny's been a has been in football, baseball and basketball, and the all-time #1 in hockey.

OSU's a never been in hockey, and only a one time winner in both baseball and basketball, with both of those titles being over 50 years old, so can they even claim to be a has been in either of those sports?

Throw in wrestling and again OSU's just a one time winner while AGAIN UMn has 3 titles, same as they have in cbb and baseball.