• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paragraph's man. Learn how to use them.

Seriously? Are you one of those youngens who doesn't know what a book is? I've seen some very long paragraphs in my day. What your post looks like is just a bunch of separate tweets or text messages put in the same post. Paragraphs are usually more than one line. Oh, but I forget, you probably never read a real book, eh?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody except you cares about all the sports you listed. Always over-pimping anything Gophers related.

Here are the things most people care about. When's the last time Minnesota won a national title in football & basketball? You won't find many that care about hockey, women's hockey, wrestling or diving (really, diving????).

Lots of people care about hockey, otherwise how would NHLers make more than NFLers on average? There is an entire NHL forum here. Why not a college hockey forum? Well, college hockey fans are not like cbb or cfb fans, a large percentage of them are Ivy leaguers or their team is Div 1 in hockey only like North Dakota, Neb-Omaha, UM-Duluth, Denver, Colorado College, Mankato, St Cloud St, etc., so they don't take a liking to frequenting forums full of neanderthals and Div 1 all around blue blood schools, so they have their own college hockey specific sites they frequent.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here the nicknames you've given Minnesota in your long winded overly homeristic rant. And it's funny as hell.

-diver U

UMn has 9 NCAA Titles in women's diving events since 2010. Again they had the #1 rated diver going into the NCAA tourney that got cancelled in 2020. But that's still 9 out of 36 possible. That's 25%. I doubt any other school can match that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is off about that?

SEVEN of the 22 heavyweight Natl Title winners, just shy of 1/3rd, were Gophers, and it should have been 8 of 23 if not for the dumb canceling of the 2020 NCAAs.

Brock Lesnar was the only Gopher Heavyweight who won a Title who didn't win Back2Back Heavyweight Titles in the 21st Century. 3 other Gophers won B2B Titles, and Gable won a Gold Medal in the Olympics, as well. No other school has produced more than 2 Heavyweight titleists. So how the fuck is Minnesota not Heavyweight U??

Brock only wrestled for the Gophers 2 years, finished 2nd and then 1st before going on to international fame as one of the greatest all-star wrestlers ever.

Tim Hartung proceeded Brock's win with B2B Titles at the 197 weight class. Damion Hahn followed up with his own B2B titles at 197 just prior to Cole Konrad finishing 4th, 2nd, 1st and 1st at Heavyweight. Next up was Tony Nelson with 4 1st tm AA honors and two Titles and a Runner Up his last 3 years.

Finally, Gable Steveson finished 3rd his freshman year, including a 30 match win streak, followed up by 52 straight wins in his last 3 seasons. Why not more? Well, being 18-0 and seeded #1 going into the NCAA tourney in 2020, the bastards canceled, otherwise Gable would have most likely won 3 straight Heavyweight titles. Instead he won 2 straight, and a Gold Medal in the olympics, so he missed out on some NCAA matches, hence only getting to 52 wins in a row instead of probably 60 abouts.

So 3 of the guys with titles also finished runner up, and Gable also had a 3rd, an undefeated season with no ncaa tourney, and an olympic Gold medal.

I'd say UMn dominated the heavyweight division in the last quarter century and you can't even come close to finding any school to match even half of that, maybe not even 1/3rd of that? NCSU had just one champ that won twice since 2000, Stephen Neal won twice but wrestled for Cal-Bakersfield, hardly an NCAA juggernaut. PSU, if we go back to 1997, had 2 wrestlers win a Title each. So still no school other than OSU can even match one third of what UMn accomplished, and as for OSU?

Well, I correct myself, I forgot about Tommy Rowlands being an OSU guy, that gives OSU two Champs to UMn's 4, so that's half, and Snyder did get 3 titles, one of which I thought was at 197, but that his 3rd place finish as a frosh, still, even with OSU having 5 Titles in the 21st century, to UMn's 7 titles and one additional #1 ranking/seeding, OSU also only had 2 runner ups to UMn's 3, and no 3rd place finishes to Minny's 3, so right there UMn's had 13 Top 3 finishes to OSU's 7, and that's not including 2020 when OSU didn't even get an AA honor at HWT and UMn had the #1 EOS ranked and #1 seeded guy. So UMn effectively doubles OSU's output of Top 3 finishers, and overall UMn had 21 AAs at hwt since 1997 compared to just 11 for OSU.

So tell me again how UMn is not Heavyweight U?

Seriously? Are you one of those youngens who doesn't know what a book is? I've seen some very long paragraphs in my day. What your post looks like is just a bunch of separate tweets or text messages put in the same post. Paragraphs are usually more than one line. Oh, but I forget, you probably never read a real book, eh?

Lots of people care about hockey, otherwise how would NHLers make more than NFLers on average? There is an entire NHL forum here. Why not a college hockey forum? Well, college hockey fans are not like cbb or cfb fans, a large percentage of them are Ivy leaguers or their team is Div 1 in hockey only like North Dakota, Neb-Omaha, UM-Duluth, Denver, Colorado College, Mankato, St Cloud St, etc., so they don't take a liking to frequenting forums full of neanderthals and Div 1 all around blue blood schools, so they have their own college hockey specific sites they frequent.

UMn has 9 NCAA Titles in women's diving events since 2010. Again they had the #1 rated diver going into the NCAA tourney that got cancelled in 2020. But that's still 9 out of 36 possible. That's 25%. I doubt any other school can match that.

931b75eea911c70639f1f42c53eefddb_w200.gif

I didn't read any of the homeristic gibberish you just spewed.

Minnesota football is on the same level as N.D. right? That's what you said multiple times in the past.

Nobody homers like you. You're an embarrassment to all other Gopher fans.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here the nicknames you've given Minnesota in your long winded overly homeristic rant. And it's funny as hell.

-major league sports U

I didn't claim UMn was major league sports U, although they could make an argument being the only school with multiple Natl titles in all 4 of the major league representative sports, and producing Top Ten # of pros in both basketball and baseball all time, the most # of pro hockey players EVER, and pretty close to Top 20/25 in producing pro fb players. Wasn't long ago they were Top Ten at producing pro football players. But I wasn't trying to make that argument in that post.

If you could read, you'd see I said UMn was Major League Sports HOFer U. You forgot the HOFer part.

UMn's produced 7 NFL Hall of Famers, that's Top Ten All-Time.
UMn's produced 6 Naismith Hall of Famers, that's got to be Top Ten All-Time?
UMn's produced 2 Baseball Hall of Famers, both 1st ballot inductees, that's got to be Top Ten All-Time, as it's tough to get into that one.
UMn's produced 2 or 3 Hockey Hall of Famers, that's #1 All-Time!!! No other school has more than 1.
UMn's produced over 20 US Hockey Hall of Famers, that's #1 All-Time & I don't think it's even close? Former Gophers at one time in the late 90s, made up over 1/3rd of the US Hockey Hall of Fame.
UMn's produced 21 College Football Hall of Famers as players, that's possibly Top Ten All-Time? And 1 Coach who almost entirely coached at UMn, and 2 others who made a stop there.
UMn's produced 5 College Football players that became Hall of Famers as coaches, that's easily Top Five All-Time.
UMn's produced several College Baseball Hall of Famers. Not as sure they'd be Top Ten as those I mentioned above, but it's possible seeing as UMn has produced a lot of great baseball players and coaches.
UMn's produced 2 CFL Hall of Famers, and Marc Trestman's bound to be a 1st ballot inductee as soon as he qualifies with 3 Grey Cup Titles for 2 different teams.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota football is on the same level as N.D. right? That's what you said multiple times in the past.

I NEVER said that, see, you have to make sh1t up, it's pathetic and proves how weak of a mind you have. Either weak or you are just LAZY???

I stated VERY CLEARLY, that "up to" the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the US's entry into WW2, UMn was on par with NDm in football. And would have continued to be on par if not better than NDm had the US not gotten involved in WW2 or had WW2 simply not happened at all. UMn was picked to repeat at Champs in 1942, the war effort stole most of the 1942 roster and sent some of our best to play against us, with one player making All-America playing for Michigan. Took our coach as well, who also coached against us and broke his own winning streak. Meanwhile Notre Dame didn't get hurt by the war at all. Other than the military academies who were helped by the war, football wise, NDm was probably one of the least affected schools in the country by the war while Minnesota was arguably one of the worst hit.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't claim UMn was major league sports U, although they could make an argument being the only school with multiple Natl titles in all 4 of the major league representative sports, and producing Top Ten # of pros in both basketball and baseball all time, the most # of pro hockey players EVER, and pretty close to Top 20/25 in producing pro fb players. Wasn't long ago they were Top Ten at producing pro football players. But I wasn't trying to make that argument in that post.

If you could read, you'd see I said UMn was Major League Sports HOFer U. You forgot the HOFer part.

UMn's produced 2 Baseball Hall of Famers, both 1st ballot inductees, that's got to be Top Ten All-Time, as it's tough to get into that one.
UMn's produced 2 or 3 Hockey Hall of Famers, that's #1 All-Time!!! No other school has more than 1.
UMn's produced over 20 US Hockey Hall of Famers, that's #1 All-Time & I don't think it's even close? Former Gophers at one time in the late 90s, made up over 1/3rd of the US Hockey Hall of Fame.
UMn's produced 21 College Football Hall of Famers as players, that's possibly Top Ten All-Time? And 1 Coach who almost entirely coached at UMn, and 2 others who made a stop there.
UMn's produced 5 College Football players that became Hall of Famers as coaches, that's easily Top Five All-Time.
UMn's produced several College Baseball Hall of Famers. Not as sure they'd be Top Ten as those I mentioned above, but it's possible seeing as UMn has produced a lot of great baseball players and coaches.
UMn's produced 2 CFL Hall of Famers, and Marc Trestman's bound to be a 1st ballot inductee as soon as he qualifies with 3 Grey Cup Titles for 2 different teams.

no-blah.gif

Your homerism is always funny.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I NEVER said that, see, you have to make sh1t up, it's pathetic and proves how weak of a mind you have. Either weak or you are just LAZY???

I stated VERY CLEARLY, that "up to" the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the US's entry into WW2, UMn was on par with NDm in football. And would have continued to be on par if not better than NDm had the US not gotten involved in WW2 or had WW2 simply not happened at all. UMn was picked to repeat at Champs in 1942, the war effort stole most of the 1942 roster and sent some of our best to play against us, with one player making All-America playing for Michigan. Took our coach as well, who also coached against us and broke his own winning streak. Meanwhile Notre Dame didn't get hurt by the war at all. Other than the military academies who were helped by the war, football wise, NDm was probably one of the least affected schools in the country by the war while Minnesota was arguably one of the worst hit.

Bullshit. You said Minnesota football is on par historically with N.D. because of what they did in the early 1900's and what they did in the mid 30's & early 40's.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're bragging that the Gophers have 7 NFL hall of famers? Big deal.

Ohio State, Pitt, N.D., Bama, USC & meeeechegan all have more. Do you see any of their fans bragging? Nope.

As far as everything else you posted. There's no way I'm taking your word on anything. You exaggerate things all the time. Post direct links to legit sites to back up what you've claimed. I don't expect you to do that though. Backing up what you claim really isn't your thing.

Here's another example of your absurd nonstop homerism. You've said in the past that the University of Minnesota can take credit for the championships Bud Wilkinson won at OU because he played at Minny.

With insane thinking like that does that mean Purdue can take credit for Wooden's 10 championships at UCLA? Of course not.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. You said Minnesota football is on par historically with N.D. because of what they did in the early 1900's and what they did in the mid 30's & early 40's.
Exactly, Minnesota was on par with ND, up through the early 40s. How is that so hard for you to understand? Are you mentally handicapped or something?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're bragging that the Gophers have 7 NFL hall of famers? Big deal.

Ohio State, Pitt, N.D., Bama, USC & meeeechegan all have more. Do you see any of their fans bragging? Nope.

As far as everything else you posted. There's no way I'm taking your word on anything. You exaggerate things all the time. Post direct links to legit sites to back up what you've claimed. I don't expect you to do that though. Backing up what you claim really isn't your thing.

Here's another example of your absurd nonstop homerism. You've said in the past that the University of Minnesota can take credit for the championships Bud Wilkinson won at OU because he played at Minny.

With insane thinking like that does that mean Purdue can take credit for Wooden's 10 championships at UCLA? Of course not.
You are just too dumb.

So SIX WHOLE TEAMS can claim to have produced more NFL Hall of Famers than Minnesota? Wow! That's not a big deal? Why is there a Hall of Fame then, if no one cares?

And of those 6 teams you mentioned, does any of them have 6 Naismith Hall of Famers? How about 2 Baseball 1st balloters? How about 2-3 Hockey HOFers or 20 something US Hockey HOFers?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

And the difference is quite simple to understand. OSU, ND, Bama, USC and Michigan never gave up on their football programs like Minnesota and Chicago did. So their fans can look towards recent success. Chicago obviously took giving up on football more seriously than Minnesota, but that was only because Minnesota surprised everyone and won the title in 1960, making it so the Board at Minnesota felt they couldn't get away with totally giving up on it, so instead they compromised and just cut back their funding to the minimum, and hoped hiring old alums would be all they needed to do to bring back the gold in the golden gophers. Minnesota is only recently trying to reestablish themselves, so for now, past success is all Gopher fans can look to. There is no crime in this.

And you don't hear Pitt fans bragging about anything because there are no Pitt fans that come around in public cfb forums, they have nothing recent to give them that glimmer of hope that Gopher fans have had recently.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just too dumb.

So SIX WHOLE TEAMS can claim to have produced more NFL Hall of Famers than Minnesota? Wow! That's not a big deal? Why is there a Hall of Fame then, if no one cares?

And of those 6 teams you mentioned, does any of them have 6 Naismith Hall of Famers? How about 2 Baseball 1st balloters? How about 2-3 Hockey HOFers or 20 something US Hockey HOFers?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

And the difference is quite simple to understand. OSU, ND, Bama, USC and Michigan never gave up on their football programs like Minnesota and Chicago did. So their fans can look towards recent success. Chicago obviously took giving up on football more seriously than Minnesota, but that was only because Minnesota surprised everyone and won the title in 1960, making it so the Board at Minnesota felt they couldn't get away with totally giving up on it, so instead they compromised and just cut back their funding to the minimum, and hoped hiring old alums would be all they needed to do to bring back the gold in the golden gophers. Minnesota is only recently trying to reestablish themselves, so for now, past success is all Gopher fans can look to. There is no crime in this.

And you don't hear Pitt fans bragging about anything because there are no Pitt fans that come around in public cfb forums, they have nothing recent to give them that glimmer of hope that Gopher fans have had recently.

So you can't/won't/refuse to post anything legit to back up your nonstop homerism. Typical.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Minnesota was on par with ND, up through the early 40s. How is that so hard for you to understand? Are you mentally handicapped or something?

No that's not what you said. You said historically Minnesota is on par with N.D. football. That means you think Minnesota's football history is as rich as N.D.'s, and that's complete bullshit. How many championships has N.D. won since Minnesota won their last one in '60?

How many total national titles does Minnesota have compared to N.D.?

How many Heisman winners does Minnesota have?

How many All American's does Minnesota have?

How many HOF coaches does Minnesota have?

And you can't claim Bud Wilkinson just because he played at Minny. Like I said the other day you foolish dweeb that's like saying Purdue can claim John Wooden. It doesn't work that way.

You really have no idea how much of a dumb homer you are. But you are an entertaining clown.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not what you said. You said historically Minnesota is on par with N.D. football. That means you think Minnesota's football history is as rich as N.D.'s, and that's complete bullshit. How many championships has N.D. won since Minnesota won their last one in '60?

How many total national titles does Minnesota have compared to N.D.?

How many Heisman winners does Minnesota have?

How many All American's does Minnesota have?

How many HOF coaches does Minnesota have?

And you can't claim Bud Wilkinson just because he played at Minny. Like I said the other day you foolish dweeb that's like saying Purdue can claim John Wooden. It doesn't work that way.

You really have no idea how much of a dumb homer you are. But you are an entertaining clown.
Are you off your meds? I never said that, I never would, I'm not a moron. lol You HAD TO of misinterpreted what I said. There is no other explanation. NO ONE, other than someone dumb as you, could believe I would make such a claim. WOW, did you graduate from high school? Or did you drop out after 8th grade or something? How could you be so dumb?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every claim I've ever made, I've been able to at least make an argument to back it up. Most, if not all I was able to make a winning argument. UMn vs ND all-time in football??? STFU, no one on planet earth would be dumb enough to try to make that argument, OMG, lol Are you nuts? WOW!!!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you off your meds? I never said that, I never would, I'm not a moron. lol You HAD TO of misinterpreted what I said. There is no other explanation. NO ONE, other than someone dumb as you, could believe I would make such a claim. WOW, did you graduate from high school? Or did you drop out after 8th grade or something? How could you be so dumb?

I have never accused you, or anyone else on this site for that matter, of something they haven't said.

You've said so much nonstop overly homeristic nonsense about all things Minnesota for a while now.

If you don't wanna get called out for saying stupid & homeristic stuff there's an easy solution. Stop being such a homer.

But you've already proven you're incapable of that.

Seriously name another fan of any team on this site that has bragged more than once about their teams accomplishments from the early 1900's, 30's & 40's.

And more often than not when anyone disagrees with your absurd homerism all you have left is to call people names. Maturity is not your thing. But calling people names all the time is your specialty.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

Your Gophers haven't won a CFB national title since 1960. The basketball program has never won a national title. Yet you act as if the football & basketball programs are among the all time elites.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

Your Gophers haven't won a CFB national title since 1960. The basketball program has never won a national title. Yet you act as if the football & basketball programs are among the all time elites.
BB program has produced 6 Naismith HOFers and a Top Ten # of NBAers, including 5 five figure scorers.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fredsdeadfriend

OSU's Bb team has only won 1, vs 3 for the Gophers, all time. OSU's bb team has only won 1, vs 3 for the Gophers, but OSU's was far more recent, it was in like 1961 or something? lol Well before I was even born. So you rip on Gopher fb's last title being in 1960, by your standards, OSU hasn't won anything relevant in Baseball, hockey OR Basketball. All you have is football.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU's Bb team has only won 1, vs 3 for the Gophers, all time. OSU's bb team has only won 1, vs 3 for the Gophers, but OSU's was far more recent, it was in like 1961 or something? lol Well before I was even born. So you rip on Gopher fb's last title being in 1960, by your standards, OSU hasn't won anything relevant in Baseball, hockey OR Basketball. All you have is football.

When have I ever bragged about anything Ohio State? You've never seen me talk about past things they have done in any type of serious manner. You overly pimp-up anything Gophers related no matter what the sport is.

And what you're trying to do right now is change the direction of this topic. Which is you being a super-homer. Ohio State has nothing to do with you listing seemingly every single athletic accomplishment Minnesota has ever had.

"All you have is football."

Multi gold medal Olympian Jesse Owens is better than anything Minnesota has.

Jack Nicklaus is a Buckeye.

Yep, only football.