• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Thread

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody just see the End of Wisconsin v.s Michigan ???? Both coaches need fined or something

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juwan Howard is clearly a joke now. I would not lose sleep if that clown is fired. Embarrassing. Can't develop jack shit anyways.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody just see the End of Wisconsin v.s Michigan ???? Both coaches need fined or something
Wisconsin coach might get fined, but I didn't see anything that he did. Howard threw a punch though. That can't be allowed. He basically started a brawl and there will probably be a couple of kids from both schools suspended at least 1 game for throwing punched. But Howard started it. I dont see him being allowed to coach again this season.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin coach might get fined, but I didn't see anything that he did. Howard threw a punch though. That can't be allowed. He basically started a brawl and there will probably be a couple of kids from both schools suspended at least 1 game for throwing punched. But Howard started it. I dont see him being allowed to coach again this season.

Not that it should totally matter but he's waaaaay bigger than Gard too. If he landed a serious blow on him he could really hurt him

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I saw was a short clip on sportscenter. You talking about Howard touching a live ball? If so how does a head coach get a brain freeze like that?

What the hell, Howard threw a punch and there was a brawl? Damn.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for posting that. Just unbelievable. A coach taking a swing at another coach. At least Woody Hayes had the decency to hit a player wearing a helmet!!

But Howard has to be fired. That kinda reaction by a head coach can't be tolerated.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tensions in this country are running way high and the last two administrations either did nothing to tone things down or actually did things to make the tensions worse.

That does not justify what Howard did, and he should at minimum be suspended for the rest of the season, but being fired wouldn't be too harsh of a punishment either. Had he hit back, or had he been spit in the face by a racist white guy who maybe used a racial slur, punishment is still warranted but it would be more understandable.

Has anyone found out what the Wisconsin coach said that got himself punched?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tensions in this country are running way high and the last two administrations either did nothing to tone things down or actually did things to make the tensions worse.

That does not justify what Howard did, and he should at minimum be suspended for the rest of the season, but being fired wouldn't be too harsh of a punishment either. Had he hit back, or had he been spit in the face by a racist white guy who maybe used a racial slur, punishment is still warranted but it would be more understandable.

Has anyone found out what the Wisconsin coach said that got himself punched?

Howard claims the guy touched him. No mention of anything being said. Also interesting to note that near the end he is asked about his players getting involved in the brawl. He states it is unfortunate that it escalated but that he is proud of how his guys responded. I haven't looked closely like I'm sure the Big Ten guys are, but it was clear that at least 2 U of M players were clearly throwing multiple punches. I just don't think you can keep him on if you're the University.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howard claims the guy touched him. No mention of anything being said. Also interesting to note that near the end he is asked about his players getting involved in the brawl. He states it is unfortunate that it escalated but that he is proud of how his guys responded. I haven't looked closely like I'm sure the Big Ten guys are, but it was clear that at least 2 U of M players were clearly throwing multiple punches. I just don't think you can keep him on if you're the University.
Seems both coaches are partly to blame, but mostly, primarily Howard. Wisconsin had a 15 pt lead with only 25 seconds left and it's bench players on the court. Howard chose to give a hard full court press, and Wisconsin's coach didn't appreciate this, so he called the timeout as it would reset the shot clock and get the inbound pass moved past half court. This pissed Howard off??? Why I am not sure? He was being a pathetic sore losing baby about the situation. His team was getting pummeled and he couldn't just accept this fact. So then in the hand shake part he tried to avoid shaking hands with Wisconsin's coach, so UW's coach reached out and "touched" Howard, either in hopes he'd get the handshake, or to make a point? Well, this triggered Howard and got him confronting UW's coach verbally and this is where UW's Asst Coach injected himself and he did or said something that inspired the already pissed and triggered pour loser Howard to throw a punch, which triggered the frustrated Michigan players and possibly some UW players?

Howard needs to be fired, there is no excuse for his actions, NONE.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why "upstanding" and "highly regarded" michigan would hire and now keep a gutter slime coach with this resume...... 5 game suspension?? seriously?

"Michigan Man of the highest character"
  • beloved sire of six, perhaps seven children by five different women;
  • sued by two different women he was cheating on his current wives with for giving them Herpes;
  • at least one DWI;
  • publicly threatened to kill another Coach last year;
  • pussy-slapped Joe Krabbenhoft and
  • was at the center of the biggest play-for-pay scheme in ncaa history
  • and now started a brawl for no good reason with wisconsin's coaching staff and players.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't Michigan schools reputation been stained enough recently, what with that sex offending Doc? Or was that strictly MSU?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I know the football series was close, 62-62 I guess, but how weird is it that the bb series is all tied up 104-104 as well?! Not too confident UMn will win tonight, but still cool that the series is so close like that.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to thank the Illini bench and coach for the two technical fouls last night, garnered 4 important pts from those. THANK YOU!!!!!

final score: 86-83

:dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why "upstanding" and "highly regarded" michigan would hire and now keep a gutter slime coach with this resume...... 5 game suspension?? seriously?

"Michigan Man of the highest character"
  • beloved sire of six, perhaps seven children by five different women;
  • sued by two different women he was cheating on his current wives with for giving them Herpes;
  • at least one DWI;
  • publicly threatened to kill another Coach last year;
  • pussy-slapped Joe Krabbenhoft and
  • was at the center of the biggest play-for-pay scheme in ncaa history <---
  • and now started a brawl for no good reason with wisconsin's coaching staff and players.

I thought Chris Webber was at the center of that investigation?

Wasn't he banned from all things ann arbor for nearly two decades?

I don't recall Howard getting banned by the university.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Chris Webber was at the center of that investigation?

Wasn't he banned from all things ann arbor for nearly two decades?

I don't recall Howard getting banned by the university.
I thought they all got busted by being paid by booster Ed Martin........... and all of their accomplishments in '92 and '93 were erased......

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they all got busted by being paid by booster Ed Martin........... and all of their accomplishments in '92 and '93 were erased......

From what I remember C. Webb was the main figure. And UofM didn't cut ties with the other Fab Fivers for years like they did with him.

Doesn't really matter though. The bottom line is fuck meeeechegan!

But can you imagine the backlash if an Ohio State coach did what Howard did? I would just call it Howard loosing his cool during a game IF this was his first sideline incident with an opposing coach. But it's not. He had an episode last season too.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I remember C. Webb was the main figure. And UofM didn't cut ties with the other Fab Fivers for years like they did with him.

Doesn't really matter though. The bottom line is fuck meeeechegan!

But can you imagine the backlash if an Ohio State coach did what Howard did? I would just call it Howard loosing his cool during a game IF this was his first sideline incident with an opposing coach. But it's not. He had an episode last season too.
I have no idea how scUM is even keeping him on. He is unhinged. a coach needs to be under control, he is setting an example. He has a violent history............ a slap on the wrist won't help.

Did Bobby Knight ever hit a player or coach?? I don't think he did. he threw a chair and cussed alot. big deal, I liked his passion.

the guy is a scumbag, looking at his personal life too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how scUM is even keeping him on. He is unhinged. a coach needs to be under control, he is setting an example. He has a violent history............ a slap on the wrist won't help.

Did Bobby Knight ever hit a player or coach?? I don't think he did. he threw a chair and cussed alot. big deal, I liked his passion.

the guy is a scumbag, looking at his personal life too.

Knight's no angel and has had his own issues. Had to look some info up, couldn't remember the years these things happened.

1994- was yelling at a kid on the bench & headbutted him (Wilkerson was his name) but Knight claimed it was an accident and couldn't find anything that said Wilkerson thought it was intentional

1997- he was caught on tape choking former player Neil Reed (leading to sanctions & reinforcing Knight's as a hot-tempered coach)

But back to Howard. He's got some serious anger management issues. And it's not if he'll have another outburst, but when. He's now crossed the line twice. And both times got nothing more than a slap on the wrist.