• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Preview On College Basketball Talk

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten Preview: Wisconsin and Iowa are better than you think | CollegeBasketballTalk

1. Indiana: They’re the No. 1 team in the country. Defensive issues aside, this team returns basically everyone and adds another loaded recruiting class. Easy pick.

2. Ohio State: The Buckeyes and the Wolverines are a coin-flip, but I’m taking the Buckeyes. I love Aaron Craft’s experience, I think Deshaun Thomas is ready to be a star, and this appears to be the season where Thad Matta’s obsessive stockpiling of talent pays off.

3. Michigan: I think the Wolverines have the second-most talent in the conference, but I have concerns about the roster makeup. I go in-depth about them here.

4. Wisconsin: I’m starting to think that I underrated Wisconsin when I did my top 25. The Badgers get four starters back, and a junior that’s started 66 games to replace Jordan Taylor and adds a stud in Sam Dekker.

5. Michigan State: I had Michigan State ranked 12th nationally, which should give you an idea of how strong this league is. I think their lack of offensive power will be an issue.

6. Iowa: I’m taking a risk putting Iowa this high, but, as I’ve said numerous times already, I’m riding with the Hawkeyes.

7. Minnesota: There always seems to be a Gopher in legal turmoil, but with basically everyone returning from last season and a healthy Trevor Mbakwe, the Gophers are very good. That said, I need to see proof they can handle distraction and succeed on the court.

8. Purdue: The Boilermakers will be without Robbie Hummel this season, but they’ll have a chance to be competitive if Terone Johnson and the rest of that perimeter attack can have a big year.

9. Illinois: The Illini have a lot of talent on their roster and start a bunch of upperclassmen. Will this group buy-in to what new head coach John Groce is selling? If everything comes together, this is a team that could sneak into the tournament. Who’s the point guard?

10. Northwestern: Drew Crawford is as good as anyone in the league, but losing JerShon Cobb is really going to hurt, especially if Jared Swopshire isn’t back to his old form.

11. Penn State: Tim Frazier is awesome. It’s a shame that he’ll spend his career toiling away in Happy Valley.

12. Nebraska: I love Tim Miles, but it is going to be a couple of years, at least, before he’s having fun in Lincoln.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Dekker could be the diaper dandy of the year, nationwide. I guess it really depends on his discipline and how quickly he adjusts to Bo Ball.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly had no idea that expectations were so high for Indiana this year, though. What the hell am I missing? Are Duke and NC down or something?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly had no idea that expectations were so high for Indiana this year, though. What the hell am I missing? Are Duke and NC down or something?

Both are down, and IU has a top 10 recruiting class joining all our starters from last year. We only lost 3 seniors, and only one was a main contributor.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Indiana is going to be good. I can't wait for NYE when B1G opens up with Iowa/Indiana. This series needs to get back to how awesome it was in the late 80's and 90's. Indiana basketball was the first program that I fucking hated.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Indiana is going to be good. I can't wait for NYE when B1G opens up with Iowa/Indiana. This series needs to get back to how awesome it was in the late 80's and 90's. Indiana basketball was the first program that I fucking hated.

Not possible. Wisconsin will defeat them both this year. Tom Crean will develop a nervous stutter, and Herky the mascot will unveil himself as a weepy teenage girl, sobbing in the bitterness of defeat.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible. Wisconsin will defeat them both this year. Tom Crean will develop a nervous stutter, and Herky the mascot will unveil himself as a weepy teenage girl, sobbing in the bitterness of defeat.

We get you guys at home this year, your slow asses are fucked!

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry but the Aaron White aka the Ginga Ninja aka the Red Thunder aka the Vanilla Gorilla simply won't let that happen.

Thanks for playing.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your both gonna get Ben Brusted. Mike is gonna bruise'yer'wits!

Oh man this has to stop.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. How's that going to effect you guys?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that. How's that going to effect you guys?

I think it's the bad kind of bad, personally. Gasser was the X-Factor. He could put points up but he was more important than that. He makes up for a lot of the robotic play that we get called out on for so much. I mean he got the first triple double in school history. Losing him could be a major problem with ball distribution and clutch scoring, but it's definitely an issue defensively and in clean up. He is great at analyzing the way a game is going, and finding a way to fill in where the other guys aren't performing.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the bad kind of bad, personally. Gasser was the X-Factor. He could put points up but he was more important than that. He makes up for a lot of the robotic play that we get called out on for so much. I mean he got the first triple double in school history. Losing him could be a major problem with ball distribution and clutch scoring, but it's definitely an issue defensively and in clean up. He is great at analyzing the way a game is going, and finding a way to fill in where the other guys aren't performing.

I'm just hoping that nothing like this happens to Iowa. I hate Eric May but don't wish injury on him. I just want him never play.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wondering how good Sam Dekker will be as a Freshman. That could have a real impact on the conference, even with Gasser hurt. He could give the Badgers the kind of star power they haven't had since Devin Harris. He could be like a Gordon Hayward.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wondering how good Sam Dekker will be as a Freshman. That could have a real impact on the conference, even with Gasser hurt. He could give the Badgers the kind of star power they haven't had since Devin Harris. He could be like a Gordon Hayward.

I'm wondering the same with Gesell and Woodbury. Apparently Iowa had a closed scrimmage with Creighton this weekend. While nothing official is being said, word is that we were in it til the end. If that's true, that means we had a 20+ point improvement over the shit stomping they gave us last year, all the while using 4 or 5 Fr. Nov 9th can't get here quick enough.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B10 is LOADED this year. 7 tourney teams for sure with 3 others that can make a run if they play to their capability. Only 2 teams I cant see making any noise are PSU and Nebraska and even PSU should uspet some teams with Frazier.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering the same with Gesell and Woodbury. Apparently Iowa had a closed scrimmage with Creighton this weekend. While nothing official is being said, word is that we were in it til the end. If that's true, that means we had a 20+ point improvement over the shit stomping they gave us last year, all the while using 4 or 5 Fr. Nov 9th can't get here quick enough.

Supposedly Creighton beat us by 4 ( according to my buddy in IC who is friends with a few of the players) I think with Iowas early schedule anything less than an 11-2 or better OOC record will be severely disappointing.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Creighton beat us by 4 ( according to my buddy in IC who is friends with a few of the players) I think with Iowas early schedule anything less than an 11-2 or better OOC record will be severely disappointing.

The guy who runs a Creighton site, Matt Perrault (sp?) hates Iowa with a passion and was running his mouth. Apparently he tweeted that Creighton "nearly won by double digits".
:pound:

But if that is true, I'm very excited for this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton is going to be a beast this year. May win 30+.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams do you guys think have a shot to win in the challenge this year, and can we get the overall title this time?