• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

B1G Preview On College Basketball Talk

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams do you guys think have a shot to win in the challenge this year, and can we get the overall title this time?

I like the B10 winning 8-4 or 9-3. I think the toss up games are Minnesota-FSU, Wisky-UVA, NCSU-Michigan, OSU-Duke, UNC-Indiana. The good news for the B10 is most of the tossup games are at the B10 arenas. Ill say Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, NW, Purdue, Illinois, Iowa and MSU win with OSU, Minnesota, PSu and Nebraska going down. The B10 could really win this thing 11-1 if the cards fall right. Cant see them losing although a 6-6 split is possible. 8-4 is my final pick though.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA @ Wisconsin figures to be one boring ass game. It's Ryan ball vs Bennett ball, which is essentially the exact same thing.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Gasser being hurt, though. I am just holding onto hope that one of our RS Freshman, George Marshall, will be a diaper dandy. According to Jordan Taylor, we're all going to forget that he was even here by the time Marshall is done.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to predict anything yet but, with our young team, I could definitely see us pissing the VT down our leg.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we dominate the ACC-B1G challenge again...Duke and NC (supposedly) are going to be down this year. I think NCST beats Michigan and FSU-Minny is a tossup but other than that...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically the top 11 teams are all post-season worthy..........

And then there is Nebraska........

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Creighton beat us by 4 ( according to my buddy in IC who is friends with a few of the players) I think with Iowas early schedule anything less than an 11-2 or better OOC record will be severely disappointing.

I saw some more info from the scrimmage

Obvious disclaimer that this is only one practice/scrimmage so don't read to much into it.

Marble - Dominated - 25 points. Got to the hole often and took it there with authority. Also has a really good mid range pull-up jumper. He will lead us in scoring this year.

Gesell - Looked really good. My source was very impressed with him. Said he expected him to put up a lot of points early in the year against lesser competition and to hold his own against everyone in the conference.

White - Had an off day shooting but gathered double digit rebounds and did the little things.

McCabe - Typical McCabe (in a good way). Is a team leader.

Basabee - Not his best performance. Was told he was not very active and did not do the little things, still had some moments where he looked good, but McCabe was the better player.

Woodbury - Total non-factor on the offensive end. On the defensive end he had a lot of trouble with Echenique.

Olaseni - Looked better than Adam W but didn't play as much. Also had troubles guarding Echenique.

May - He looked "disinterested." (Not exactly sure what all the entails.)

Oglesby - Hit his open shots.

Meyer - Didn't play very much. Ugly shot but is very athletic for his size and has hops.

Clemmons/Ingram - Both will be solid back-ups and played good D.

Fran was apparently really intense at times and treated this like a real game. My guy expected Iowa to be a .500 (or better) team in the I am a giant douche, which would put them in the tourney.

I'm not linking the source thought because fuck them, that's why.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said all along that anyone depending on Woodbury to be a super stud this year is going to be let down big time. Should provide some rebounding and defense inside but VERY limited scorer. Gessell will be really good IMO and should free up Marble to own just about every other SG in the B10.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said all along that anyone depending on Woodbury to be a super stud this year is going to be let down big time. Should provide some rebounding and defense inside but VERY limited scorer. Gessell will be really good IMO and should free up Marble to own just about every other SG in the B10.

I think it'll be the end of his Soph year before his offense begins to become something to be feared. By the time his Jr year starts, he's going to be a force down low, both offensively and defensively.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some more info from the scrimmage

I'm not linking the source thought because fuck them, that's why.

What about the traitor who shall not be named? (Just kidding, I actually agreed with the kid.)

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that he played. I haven't seen anything. NCAA rules are weird in terms of this. I know that if it's an open scrimmage/exhibition, he cannot play at all. But, since this was a closed scrimmage, I'm not totally sure of the rules.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the traitor who shall not be named? (Just kidding, I actually agreed with the kid.)

Well we can talk about Brust if you want to but not sure what he has to do with the Iowa-Creighton scrimmage.... LOL

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that he played. I haven't seen anything. NCAA rules are weird in terms of this. I know that if it's an open scrimmage/exhibition, he cannot play at all. But, since this was a closed scrimmage, I'm not totally sure of the rules.

He gives the Hawkeyes a serious upside to keep building. Just knowing that he'll be around next year(assuming everything goes well) is a big bonus for the program. We'll be missing him this year, IMO.

Well we can talk about Brust if you want to but not sure what he has to do with the Iowa-Creighton scrimmage.... LOL

LOL! :yo:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tell you that im super excited for this years Iowa team as i think this is the year we finally get back to the tourney but NEXT years Iowa team has a legit chance to make a deep ass run if these kids keep getting better. Iowa only loses May ( which may be a blessing) and they gain Uthoff and another year of experience for White, Marble, McCabe, Besabe, Oglesby, Woodbury, Gessell, etc. Could be the best iowa team in a really really long time.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill tell you that im super excited for this years Iowa team as i think this is the year we finally get back to the tourney but NEXT years Iowa team has a legit chance to make a deep ass run if these kids keep getting better. Iowa only loses May ( which may be a blessing) and they gain Uthoff and another year of experience for White, Marble, McCabe, Besabe, Oglesby, Woodbury, Gessell, etc. Could be the best iowa team in a really really long time.

Plus, Meyer will be coming of off RS and Peter Jok will be a Fr who, if he comes back even close to what his potential is, will be a major player once Marble leaves.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the sudden I feel sick to my stomach.

LOL, well just remember you already cant do any worse against Iowa the next few years than you did last year.... That should make you feel better!!!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, well just remember you already cant do any worse against Iowa the next few years than you did last year.... That should make you feel better!!!

Well don't you worry either. You can't do any worse over the next 10 years as you did over the last 10. What'd you win, one tourney game? Actually, that was beyond 10 years ago. Hmmph. :thumbsdown: