• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ @ Oregon

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay guys, I know we can pull some hopeless romantic optimism as much as the next fan base, but realistically speaking, do any of us actually think that we will win this game?

I just think that with Oregon not even hopping on the plane last year to Tucson, they will be out for blood this year on Thursday, in Eugene.

Our receiver corps is probably at least as good as Oregon's secondary, but I just don't see Anu settling in much to put it in the numbers of our receivers. I think as a freshman he gets flustered. Hell, if he does somehow come out with poise, confidence, and puts it where he needs to, I think he might be able to put up 28. I think he'll be lucky to get 17.

*Let me also revise this by saying that Oregon could pull what they did against ASU last year and just dominate the first half to the point of sympathy, and then pull fans from the crowd to finish, and we could then score into the 20's or higher. Pretty sure we won't come out and say that we barely lost and was putting ourselves in a place to win the game (like ASU fans did).

And, well, our defense is going to try and hold them under 50, and probably fail.

Chalk this up to vengeance from last year, by a better team. No chance of them over-looking us this season. Good news is; this game is early in the season, and Anu & Co. can put it behind them and know what a top-5 team looks like moving forward. It should help the nerves, thereafter.

52-14.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analyisis, but I dont see it that way. I think AZ has there way with Oregon's secondary and this game comes down to the 4th quarter. One or two turnovers will make the difference.

Oregon 49
Zona 40

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is Oregon -25!

I know there are a lot of new pieces in AZ (including QB), but we destroyed them last year. Two years ago they were stomped and shut out though. So not sure what to make of this line. Hope it's WAY off, lol.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analyisis, but I dont see it that way. I think AZ has there way with Oregon's secondary and this game comes down to the 4th quarter. One or two turnovers will make the difference.

Oregon 49
Zona 40

Props on the balanced analysis. On paper, I think you are right. Overall, hahaha, I hope you are right. But I just think that Anu is going to go into Autzen and be overwhelmed. If you are not competing against Oregon from the opening bell, you'll find yourself down by 35 before you know it.

I do think that he settles in, but I just don't think it happens in the first half. I hope that last week served to show him that if he just puts the ball on target, the receivers can be very deadly. But again, I just don't know if he will do that as early as the first quarter. If he can, you might be right, we might be able to hang 30+ on the Oregon defense.

What is not in question though, is the fact that AZ won't keep Oregon under 40.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon defense is not good this year. We definitely score more than 17.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference this year is defense...for both teams. I think this will be an offensive show down but I'm really concerned about our defense. Judging by the way we've played defense thus far, Oregon has the potential to rack up 60 on us easily. Plus Oregon will be out for revenge; oregon 60 Arizona 37

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High scoring game... AZ wins in a crazy one 51-48 after blocking the would be game-tying FG.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your original question CTP... no, I don't think the Cats will win this game. I have no expectation for the Cats to pull this one out for several reasons; Revenge factor, playing in Eugene, Oregon's speed advantage, etc...

... but then again, I predicted last season's game would be a 20+ point blowout by the Ducks based on how the Cats were playing at the time, so... when it comes to UofA vs Oregon football analysis my opinion means jack shit.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your original question CTP... no, I don't think the Cats will win this game. I have no expectation for the Cats to pull this one out for several reasons; Revenge factor, playing in Eugene, Oregon's speed advantage, etc...

... but then again, I predicted last season's game would be a 20+ point blowout by the Ducks based on how the Cats were playing at the time, so... when it comes to UofA vs Oregon football analysis my opinion means jack shit.

I agree. Last year proved that anything goes in college football. But I also agree; having a rookie QB and a team that is out for blood from last year certainly stacks the chips against us going up against the #2 team in the country. Like always, we'll see how it plays out!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared of these pussies. We already exposed Marriota once, we can do it again. Their defense isn't special. BRING IT BITCHES :suds:

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a homer.
I have no real stats or facts.
ARIZONA will win.
GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day fellas!

Probably can't watch this game live. I have to go to this trivia night thing with the gal. I have it recorded though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day fellas!

Probably can't watch this game live. I have to go to this trivia night thing with the gal. I have it recorded though.

... most guys are wise enough to know that if the wife/gf wants to schedule a weekly trivia night... you make sure to use your veto power to guarantee that this event will take place at a bar with numerous televisions (FT Lowell Depot style). This way, when you are not focused on remembering what Fonzie's half brother's name is.... you can focus on watching Calyeb Jones and Austin Hill make circus catches and Nick Wilson going for more than the 206 Carey had last year.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... most guys are wise enough to know that if the wife/gf wants to schedule a weekly trivia night... you make sure to use your veto power to guarantee that this event will take place at a bar with numerous televisions (FT Lowell Depot style). This way, when you are not focused on remembering what Fonzie's half brother's name is.... you can focus on watching Calyeb Jones and Austin Hill make circus catches and Nick Wilson going for more than the 206 Carey had last year.

Or Native New Yorker, etc.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Quack Attack will take care of RichRod's boyz tonight.