• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Automatic 1st Down

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst call in the NFL.

3rd and 23, and a guy off the play tugs on a jersey, not effecting the play at all, yet, Automatic 1st down. How about 5 yards (or even 10) and replay 3rd down.

Calls that piss me off,
1) Defensive Holding (as mentioned above), automatic 1st Down.
2) Some redonkulous celebration penalty, reallllly, we as fans love this shit. Taunting is different.
3) The WHOLE offsides, encroachment, illegal procedure etc.
A) if you move first on the OL, it is a penalty.
B) if you cross the LOS from the D without any O movement, it is a penalty, regardless of the O.
C) same as B, if you on D cross the LOS, that's it. Play over. 5 yard penalty. No getting back for free.
D) No fucking free plays. If a penalty has occurred at the LOS, stop the play NOW.
4) A guy in the neutral zone is called "every now and then" kind of like NBA FT violations.....joke.
5) The under thrown 40+ yard pass that is "Uncatchable" yet the O player comes back and hits the defender, and it is a 40+ yard penalty.
6) 12 men on the field, is that an automatic 1st down???? Not sure, but as mentioned before, no automatic 1st downs. I hate that. Is there a difference between actually playing with 12 guys, versus the 12th guy is trying to get off the field, but is .5 second short, even though he didn't participate.
7) The 'football move' rule. c'mon.....make a clear rule on this. And make each rule clear, such as...
A) In the field of play.
B) On the sideline.
C) In the endzone, the CJ play, cmon man, that was a TD.
D) the Dez play, was that one of the above???? (A) not (C)
There CAN be separate rules for each, (Maybe the same) just decide NFL.
8) I LOVE the NFL, I would be great in the Front Office, I'll even take only 700,000 a year. lol.

Please provide your thoughts on ANY of the 8. Specify the # of the 8. I like #8, vote me in please. lol.

Agree. I want to completely take the refs ability to determine the outcome of a game away from them where it would be impossible to do anything shady without being completely obvious.

That being said the NFL will never do it. They like it this way. They can execute their storylines WWE style without much debate.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 yard penalty for every player on the field that throws there hands in the air demanding a PI call. Especially WR, It piss me off that every-time a WR can't catch the football there are looking around for the PI and crying but I was touched. Enough, catch the ball or shut up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the problem is that kickers are notorious divers. They act like they've been shot if you barely brush by them. The NFL should adopt the NHL's diving rules and apply it to kickers, WR's and QB's who purposely embellish tiny hits.
That's because most of them played soccer:lol:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding the legal chuck zone to 10 yds is a big one...Illegal contact inside 5 yds should be a 1st...no auto 1st.
Is Bill Polian still around influencing the NFL? We can all thank him for this stupid rule. Patriots deserve part of the blame. If they hadn't consistently taken Pay-A-Tons toys away the rule would've never changed. Damn those Pat defenses.