• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be in the minority in thinking Davis was gritty and gutty. 3 points is not gritty & gutty. That's just plain bad. But, like you said, that's kind of to be expected as a back up. At the end of the day, when you start, you're expected to perform & he didn't. Him completing 60% really doesn't mean anything if he's not leading TD or scoring drives.

Well even Rothlisberger isn't going to get it into the end zone if his receivers don't run it in?

I'm pretty sure the majority of Palmers TDs this year are run after the catch TDs, that's out of the QB's control?

I see a ton of WR's catch the ball over the middle and out run the defender or just plain bad tackling, but I guess the QB will get an A+ , why? all he did was get the ball to the receiver, that's what Davis does, that's why completing passes for a high percentage means something, something that Sammy hasn't done over his career! It doesn't guarantee anything, but it does give you a better chance for something to happen.

Sammy doesnt get any of the blame for having no oline, bad rb's, and bad WR, but supposedly he is a franchise QB.
Can the average fan name Clevelands top RB, how about top WR, TE, how about all those name guys on the oline, oh on top of let's just throw a QB in there that really hasn't played all year, let alone practiced with the front line guys against a top defense!
Ya that's a good compaison I don't think ANY QB would have done any better than that!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be in the minority in thinking Davis was gritty and gutty. 3 points is not gritty & gutty. That's just plain bad. But, like you said, that's kind of to be expected as a back up. At the end of the day, when you start, you're expected to perform & he didn't. Him completing 60% really doesn't mean anything if he's not leading TD or scoring drives.

Also that first paragraph was from the article that you posted, those aren't my words!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well even Rothlisberger isn't going to get it into the end zone if his receivers don't run it in?

I'm pretty sure the majority of Palmers TDs this year are run after the catch TDs, that's out of the QB's control?

I see a ton of WR's catch the ball over the middle and out run the defender or just plain bad tackling, but I guess the QB will get an A+ , why? all he did was get the ball to the receiver, that's what Davis does, that's why completing passes for a high percentage means something, something that Sammy hasn't done over his career! It doesn't guarantee anything, but it does give you a better chance for something to happen.

Sammy doesnt get any of the blame for having no oline, bad rb's, and bad WR, but supposedly he is a franchise QB.
Can the average fan name Clevelands top RB, how about top WR, TE, how about all those name guys on the oline, oh on top of let's just throw a QB in there that really hasn't played all year, let alone practiced with the front line guys against a top defense!
Ya that's a good compaison I don't think ANY QB would have done any better than that!

My god the excuses you have for your love child Davis! There is a reason he plays in the factory of sadness Smed.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Foles will go down as the head scratch-er of the year for the NFL. Well maybe not to Chip. I watch the guy and he reminds me of Billy Kilmer he floats balls all over the place. The difference so far is Kilmer was a winner. Something is really wrong with this kid confidence,shell shocked something. He is a shell of two years ago.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Foles will go down as the head scratch-er of the year for the NFL. Well maybe not to Chip. I watch the guy and he reminds me of Billy Kilmer he floats balls all over the place. The difference so far is Kilmer was a winner. Something is really wrong with this kid confidence,shell shocked something. He is a shell of two years ago.

Early in the year he was making some nice throws, seems like everything is floating on him since like the GB game, sometimes his passes look like punts?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in the year he was making some nice throws, seems like everything is floating on him since like the GB game, sometimes his passes look like punts?
I know you remember Kilmer. Big old beer gut throwing wounded ducks all over the field. But his receivers caught the dam things and the guy won games. So maybe there is hope.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not arguing about Bradford and his ineffectiveness. I completely agree. He's not a franchise guy, he's a bottom tier guy with upside to mid pack among starting QB's. He's done a better job in his career at not turning the ball over than Davis and until he went to the Eagles, he was surrounded by a lack of talent on offense. Aren't we seeing that this year with our inept offense? We've had back to back coaches who don't know dick about putting together an effective offense with Spags and Fisher.

It just seems that you are willing to give Davis a pass for his bad performances, but you won't give that to Bradford. IMO, if you're in the NFL and it's your turn to play, you better be prepared, ready to go and play at a high level. Neither of them get excuses from me. They both are not (and were not) the answer to our QB position. Neither is Foles or Keenum, and Mannion probably isn't either. I'd rather have Davis over Keenum, yes, but I'm not going crazy that he's gone.

Also that first paragraph was from the article that you posted, those aren't my words!

He also gave him a D+ and listed why he was bad against the Bengals. Again, 3 points is not gritty and gutty. It's crappy and sucky.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you remember Kilmer. Big old beer gut throwing wounded ducks all over the field. But his receivers caught the dam things and the guy won games. So maybe there is hope.

Is he avaiable?

Sonny Jurgeson wasnt your typical looking athlete either! I think they did have Charley Taylor catching passes, he was pretty dam good, seems like they had another guy that was pretty good too! I can't remember who?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he avaiable?

Sonny Jurgeson wasnt your typical looking athlete either! I think they did have Charley Taylor catching passes, he was pretty dam good, seems like they had another guy that was pretty good too! I can't remember who?
Jurgeson had a rifle arm. They had a hell of RB for a few years Brown I think could be wrong.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will probaly in the end really what gets Fisher fired. That trade and extension.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing about Bradford and his ineffectiveness. I completely agree. He's not a franchise guy, he's a bottom tier guy with upside to mid pack among starting QB's. He's done a better job in his career at not turning the ball over than Davis and until he went to the Eagles, he was surrounded by a lack of talent on offense. Aren't we seeing that this year with our inept offense? We've had back to back coaches who don't know dick about putting together an effective offense with Spags and Fisher.

It just seems that you are willing to give Davis a pass for his bad performances, but you won't give that to Bradford. IMO, if you're in the NFL and it's your turn to play, you better be prepared, ready to go and play at a high level. Neither of them get excuses from me. They both are not (and were not) the answer to our QB position. Neither is Foles or Keenum, and Mannion probably isn't either. I'd rather have Davis over Keenum, yes, but I'm not going crazy that he's gone.

He also gave him a D+ and listed why he was bad against the Bengals. Again, 3 points is not gritty and gutty. It's crappy and sucky.

I'm throwing Davis "excuses" out there because that's all I've heard about Sammy, (not from you, but one other guy) at least his excuses seem to be more acceptable than the stars!
Ya he graded him at D+ but than mentions him scrambling repeatedly, getting blindsided, his receiver zigged when he should have maybe zagged, his receiver was in bounds, but they wrongly called him out of bounds, he threw a high pass that the receiver "should" have caught. That grade doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you take all that in to consideration, does it? On top of Cleveland is playing without their top two receivers and going against a top defense, yet he still got the ball to his receivers a high percentage of the time, what else is he suppose to do run downfield and block for them after they catch it?

I'm not saying he should be a starter, we will never know that, as you said, I would love to have him as our "backup" no way should Keenum have stayed ahead of him! Bad evaluation on Fishers part, but he's done it with others, so it's no surprise!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurgeson had a rifle arm. They had a hell of RB for a few years Brown I think could be wrong.

Ya he had a good arm, just didn't look the part!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probaly in the end really what gets Fisher fired. That trade and extension.

I am not saying Foles cant be fixed don't know. I do believe right now all things considered its a bust. And I am not sure how anyone could see it any other way. We will never know what other trades were in the works and how they may have helped us. We cant look to what we may or may not get in the future now.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

You're more than welcome to rate my post as bs. It doesn't bother me :)

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Foles cant be fixed don't know. I do believe right now all things considered its a bust. And I am not sure how anyone could see it any other way. We will never know what other trades were in the works and how they may have helped us. We cant look to what we may or may not get in the future now.

They need to start him the last 4 games to see what we have. I agree I would think he could be fixed.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to start him the last 4 games to see what we have. I agree I would think he could be fixed.

Yeah at this point it doesn't matter. I don't believe he will improve during these last 4 games.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let the NFC East winner be 6-10, that would be hiliarious.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has become utterly Bulgerized with a thorough training from Cignetti and Fisher, Rams style!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a complete snake-oil salesman this bonehead (shown above) has turned out to be.