• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff is the best QB coming out and would love to add him and Dotson to the team. They really need to go all in on play makers, a la the Raiders.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Goff is the best QB coming out and would love to add him and Dotson to the team. They really need to go all in on play makers, a la the Raiders.

If Goff is the best QB coming out, then you are getting a QB that didn't even dominate the Pac 12. He had 5 INTs @ Utah and really never looked like a great QB even in a conference not known for D.

The thing to do is add quality players that dominated their conference, especially with a 1st round pick. Doctson I like a lot.

Goff in the NFC West I am not sure but I wouldn't use my 1st rounder on him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw of Tyler Boyd. Pittsburgh really relies on him heavily, even through double teams.

Michael Thomas (SoMiss) is projected as a UDFA from what I've seen thus far.

Key word there is "thus far"

If you pay attention to "draft rankings" the past decade, they tend to not update them until about NOW when college football is pretty much over. Bowls are good and fine, but at this point in the season agents are now allowed to talk to college football players and this means more ??? for bowl games. Some players don't want to get hurt, some just slack off for a month, some improve because they have to.

That's why betting on bowl games is so 50-50. ;)

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas, Southern Miss had 12 TDs this year and had at least 1 TD in 9 straight games this year. He had 1201 yards in 12 games and averaged 19 yards a catch.

You saw the catch he made against La Tech. He came out of nowhere because he came from a JUCO and didn't do much last year, but the game has some ability obviously.

He's a steal in the 5th.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on this, but you can also say that the LACK of talent on offense for Davis in Cleveland doesn't help as well. Davis went up against one of the top 2 teams in the AFC last week. That's not an excuse, it's a fact and now the Bengals may get the #1 seed in the AFC. Now Johnny Fuseball gets the Rams and I hope we knock his ass out so Davis can make things interesting. :lol:

It's not that Davis is > Bradford. I think at times both have been good and bad, but Bradford has been more consistent this year WITH MORE TALENT as you said.

It's more of I'll take Davis at $2-3 million over Bradford's $13-16 million all day to free up money elsewhere. Not that our FO

knows how to use the money wisely on offense tho. The level of play isn't that much of a difference on the field between these 2 QBs. IN the past few years, I saw more of spark from Davis than any QB the Rams have had for a long time AND Davis in 8 games had more 300 yard games with 2+ TDs than I saw from Bradford in 2-3 years.. Yes the INTs came at bad times and we lost some games to good teams, but WE WERE IN THE GAME AND LOOKED
But either Davis or Bradford playing for this Rams offense and behind this Oline would be toast.

So you all can go back and forth all day.. It's not Davis love.. It's more the guy that showed us a little something which was more than any other QB we've seen for years. plus the guy is cheap. So was Blaine Gabbert - and i'm not saying he is the answer either... Just saying for the level of play we are getting at QB, why do we continue to pay out the ass for QBs? Especially
a young Oline? I said this back in the CBS days.. "It's like buying a Ferrari and not getting any insurance."

Again, look at what Seattle did with Russell Wilson. Look at his contract the past few years and how it allowed them to spend money in other areas.

Can I get a hallelujah! Preach it to the lambs brother!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Goff is the best QB coming out, then you are getting a QB that didn't even dominate the Pac 12. He had 5 INTs @ Utah and really never looked like a great QB even in a conference not known for D.

The thing to do is add quality players that dominated their conference, especially with a 1st round pick. Doctson I like a lot.

Goff in the NFC West I am not sure but I wouldn't use my 1st rounder on him.

Goff has shown in his career that he can compete and dominate. If we used that same kind of criteria for picking a QB, then Carr should have been avoided because he didn't light up the big boys when he had the opportunity to do so. Goff is athletic, has a great arm and ran the offense and made the calls at the line of scrimmage this year. He is a very smart QB and he reminds of Carr.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff has shown in his career that he can compete and dominate. If we used that same kind of criteria for picking a QB, then Carr should have been avoided because he didn't light up the big boys when he had the opportunity to do so. Goff is athletic, has a great arm and ran the offense and made the calls at the line of scrimmage this year. He is a very smart QB and he reminds of Carr.

Interesting. I watched the Utah game and he was awful. I certainly didn't get the impression that he was dominating the Pac-12 and last I checked Cal was of the pack in the Pac 12.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cook but his leadership is questionable.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the play on Manziel of the field, it is off the field that is a major problem.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I watched the Utah game and he was awful. I certainly didn't get the impression that he was dominating the Pac-12 and last I checked Cal was of the pack in the Pac 12.

It may not have resulted in wins, but he was hands down the best QB in the Pac12. I also have the luxury of living in the Bay Area and have been able to see him play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas, Southern Miss had 12 TDs this year and had at least 1 TD in 9 straight games this year. He had 1201 yards in 12 games and averaged 19 yards a catch.

You saw the catch he made against La Tech. He came out of nowhere because he came from a JUCO and didn't do much last year, but the game has some ability obviously.

He's a steal in the 5th.

I agree.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a steal in the 5th.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis starting another game this week for the Brownies because Johnny got hit in the head.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting article on Johnny Football

The curious timing of Manziel’s concussion
Posted by Mike Florio on December 31, 2015, 11:16 AM EST
hy2mwmjrlzwqzntjhm2viytq1y2vly2yzocznptziytfjmduwnmi5mjdhodc3ywu4ntawnzq5n2iwnzjl-e1451578207241.jpeAP
On Monday, Browns coach Mike Pettine, who previously said that “harsh repercussions” would flow from any further Johnny Manziel incident, told reporters that: (1) he hadn’t seen Manziel’s latest party-boy video; and (2) Pettine planned to watch the video and talk to Manziel about it. On Wednesday, when Manziel showed up for work, he reported that he has concussion-like symptoms from three days earlier — before Pettine could meet with Manziel about the video.

It doesn’t take a non-concussed brain to realize that the easiest way for a 23-year-old with a history of off-field issues and no self-awareness to avoid getting in trouble at work (again) would be to claim that he has headaches and/or other symptoms of a concussion. Everyone associated with the NFL is currently petrified of letting a player take the field with a head injury. Given the lack of a thermometer-in-the-orifice style test for diagnosing a concussion, the Browns physicians weren’t about to dispute Manziel’s claims.

So Manziel avoids “harsh repercussions” from Pettine, who possibly won’t be employed by the Browns this time next week. Manziel also avoids the risk of a Week 17 injury as he enters an offseason that could see him traded to a new team, possibly the one in his Lone Star home state with an owner who continues to have a clear interest in acquiring him.

Officially, Maziel legitimately has a concussion. Given the importance of the issue, I hesitate to even suggest that he’s possibly manipulating the system. But that’s the potential genius of faking it; it’s a silver-bullet excuse that no one will be willing to question.

Given some of the decisions Manziel has made — and the lengths to which he has gone to take the sting out of those decisions (including reportedly recruiting others to lie about the timing of the creation of the bye-week video that got him on double-secret probation with Pettine) — Manziel fits the profile of a guy who at least would be tempted to take advantagage of the league’s concussion sensitivity to avoid a tough meeting with his boss, and possibly a suspension for conduct detrimental to the team.

From Cleveland’s perspective, putting Manziel on ice for the final week of the season avoids the question of whether action should be taken in response to his latest party-boy video. Which avoids the kind of outcome that would result in his trade value declining as the offseason approaches.

Besides, there’s nothing the Browns can do for now, even if they suspect that he’s trying to avoid accountability for the latest defiance of his employer. After the season, they can do plenty. Trading Manziel to the Cowboys could be the option at the top of the list.