• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has become utterly Bulgerized with a thorough training from Cignetti and Fisher, Rams style!

If that is tru and I think you are right he's not real tough. He only lasted 8 games ugh. Poopey pants.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

You're more than welcome to rate my post as bs. It doesn't bother me :)

Was using my phone everything us small, II may have accidentally hit that instead of respond, I withdrew it, unlike Cougs comments, i don't think it's BS at all, as always, your opinion?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing about Bradford and his ineffectiveness. I completely agree. He's not a franchise guy, he's a bottom tier guy with upside to mid pack among starting QB's. He's done a better job in his career at not turning the ball over than Davis and until he went to the Eagles, he was surrounded by a lack of talent on offense. Aren't we seeing that this year with our inept offense? We've had back to back coaches who don't know dick about putting together an effective offense with Spags and Fisher.

It just seems that you are willing to give Davis a pass for his bad performances, but you won't give that to Bradford. IMO, if you're in the NFL and it's your turn to play, you better be prepared, ready to go and play at a high level. Neither of them get excuses from me. They both are not (and were not) the answer to our QB position. Neither is Foles or Keenum, and Mannion probably isn't either. I'd rather have Davis over Keenum, yes, but I'm not going crazy that he's gone.

He also gave him a D+ and listed why he was bad against the Bengals. Again, 3 points is not gritty and gutty. It's crappy and sucky.

I agree with you on this, but you can also say that the LACK of talent on offense for Davis in Cleveland doesn't help as well. Davis went up against one of the top 2 teams in the AFC last week. That's not an excuse, it's a fact and now the Bengals may get the #1 seed in the AFC. Now Johnny Fuseball gets the Rams and I hope we knock his ass out so Davis can make things interesting. :lol:

It's not that Davis is > Bradford. I think at times both have been good and bad, but Bradford has been more consistent this year WITH MORE TALENT as you said.

It's more of I'll take Davis at $2-3 million over Bradford's $13-16 million all day to free up money elsewhere. Not that our FO knows how to use the money wisely on offense tho. The level of play isn't that much of a difference on the field between these 2 QBs. IN the past few years, I saw more of spark from Davis than any QB the Rams have had for a long time AND Davis in 8 games had more 300 yard games with 2+ TDs than I saw from Bradford in 2-3 years.. Yes the INTs came at bad times and we lost some games to good teams, but WE WERE IN THE GAME AND LOOKED RESPECTFUL.

But either Davis or Bradford playing for this Rams offense and behind this Oline would be toast.

So you all can go back and forth all day.. It's not Davis love.. It's more the guy that showed us a little something which was more than any other QB we've seen for years. plus the guy is cheap. So was Blaine Gabbert - and i'm not saying he is the answer either... Just saying for the level of play we are getting at QB, why do we continue to pay out the ass for QBs? Especially behind a young Oline? I said this back in the CBS days.. "It's like buying a Ferrari and not getting any insurance."

Again, look at what Seattle did with Russell Wilson. Look at his contract the past few years and how it allowed them to spend money in other areas.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on this, but you can also say that the LACK of talent on offense for Davis in Cleveland doesn't help as well. Davis went up against one of the top 2 teams in the AFC last week. That's not an excuse, it's a fact and now the Bengals may get the #1 seed in the AFC. Now Johnny Fuseball gets the Rams and I hope we knock his ass out so Davis can make things interesting. :lol:

It's not that Davis is > Bradford. I think at times both have been good and bad, but Bradford has been more consistent this year WITH MORE TALENT as you said.

It's more of I'll take Davis at $2-3 million over Bradford's $13-16 million all day to free up money elsewhere. Not that our FO knows how to use the money wisely on offense tho. The level of play isn't that much of a difference on the field between these 2 QBs. IN the past few years, I saw more of spark from Davis than any QB the Rams have had for a long time AND Davis in 8 games had more 300 yard games with 2+ TDs than I saw from Bradford in 2-3 years.. Yes the INTs came at bad times and we lost some games to good teams, but WE WERE IN THE GAME AND LOOKED RESPECTFUL.

But either Davis or Bradford playing for this Rams offense and behind this Oline would be toast.

So you all can go back and forth all day.. It's not Davis love.. It's more the guy that showed us a little something which was more than any other QB we've seen for years. plus the guy is cheap. So was Blaine Gabbert - and i'm not saying he is the answer either... Just saying for the level of play we are getting at QB, why do we continue to pay out the ass for QBs? Especially behind a young Oline? I said this back in the CBS days.. "It's like buying a Ferrari and not getting any insurance."

Again, look at what Seattle did with Russell Wilson. Look at his contract the past few years and how it allowed them to spend money in other areas.

SJ what QB do u like coming out of college this year?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ what QB do u like coming out of college this year?

This year in college football is the year of the RB. Last year was the QB. Not a good year for a QB, so I would bet the Rams trade up to get one. :lou: There really isn't 1 duel threat QB coming out that is worth a $h!t this year.

I think with the influx of QBs last year, there are some options out there. I believe we have Foles for another year so we need a legit LT and WR and TE. As usuall.

At this point though, as far as value.. I like Kevin Hogan out of Stanford and maybe Hackenburg from Penn St. But I would not pick a QB in this draft unless these guys drop and fall in my lap.

But again, if all there is out there are pocket QBs... we have no business doing anything besides bolstering the Oline and trying to find more playmakers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan is projected to be day 3 guy right now. I've seen Hackenberg mocked all over the place, so he's a tough read. Both seem to have pro potential, but need some coaching up.

I'm curious as to why Boykin is routinely ranked so low. Is he that different from someone like Tyrod? I like Brissett from NC State somewhat as well.

As far as the top guys, I just haven't watched them enough. I haven't seen enough of Goff yet (will have to catch his bowl game), but there is some hype with him. I haven't seen Lynch at all, and at that height I can't imagine he's very mobile, even in the pocket.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan is projected to be day 3 guy right now. I've seen Hackenberg mocked all over the place, so he's a tough read. Both seem to have pro potential, but need some coaching up.

I'm curious as to why Boykin is routinely ranked so low. Is he that different from someone like Tyrod? I like Brissett from NC State somewhat as well.

As far as the top guys, I just haven't watched them enough. I haven't seen enough of Goff yet (will have to catch his bowl game), but there is some hype with him. I haven't seen Lynch at all, and at that height I can't imagine he's very mobile, even in the pocket.

I live in Dallas and Boykin is a big ? The WR on TCU is the stud. Like I said, the QBs in this class don't impress me and I would NOT take any of them early. Goff has had some bad games against below average defenses in the Pac 12 - where defenses don't impress me either. They hype with Goff is that he went to Cal and so did Aaron Rogers.

Just a bunch of pocket QBs and bunch of ??

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year in college football is the year of the RB. Last year was the QB. Not a good year for a QB, so I would bet the Rams trade up to get one. :lou: There really isn't 1 duel threat QB coming out that is worth a $h!t this year.

I think with the influx of QBs last year, there are some options out there. I believe we have Foles for another year so we need a legit LT and WR and TE. As usuall.

At this point though, as far as value.. I like Kevin Hogan out of Stanford and maybe Hackenburg from Penn St. But I would not pick a QB in this draft unless these guys drop and fall in my lap.

But again, if all there is out there are pocket QBs... we have no business doing anything besides bolstering the Oline and trying to find more playmakers.

I think you're right on with that. thats why I might say F It and give the Browns a pick and hopefully they would take Foles and his contract. for JF. Then like you said go Oline and playmakers. not really realistic though because the Browns will be picking #1 probably so they could get a QB then. but like u said really not one worth the #1 pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely SJ on many fronts and topics. Once again you have concisely put the problems of the Rams drafting and this continuing ridiculous argument of Davis versus Sammie in proper perspective.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want another QB, Hackenburg with one of our seconds or if he falls, a third round selection.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Cook makes me nervous. Is he better than Kirk Cousins? Maybe, maybe not.. So to me that's a 3rd rounder? I wouldn't use a 2nd rounder on him.

The WR I want is not even on anyone's radar. Mike Thomas, Southern Miss

onehanded_53121.jpg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen Thomas once. I liked what I saw on just a few minutes of channel surfing. See, we could get guys like these if our scouting department knew what it was doing but apparently it is as bad as the rest of the FO and ownership.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw of Tyler Boyd. Pittsburgh really relies on him heavily, even through double teams.

Michael Thomas (SoMiss) is projected as a UDFA from what I've seen thus far.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want another QB, Hackenburg with one of our seconds or if he falls, a third round selection.

I like Hackenberg too. Plays in a pro offense, but has been hidden a bit this year by some bad O-Line play, among other things. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans snag him in the 2nd or 3rd, since O'Brien coached him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked what I saw of Tyler Boyd. Pittsburgh really relies on him heavily, even through double teams.

Michael Thomas (SoMiss) is projected as a UDFA from what I've seen thus far.

then the Rams would need to draft him cause FA don't choose to come to the Rams ( see: Collins ).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right on with that. thats why I might say F It and give the Browns a pick and hopefully they would take Foles and his contract. for JF. Then like you said go Oline and playmakers. not really realistic though because the Browns will be picking #1 probably so they could get a QB then. but like u said really not one worth the #1 pick.

I'll eat my hat if a QB goes in the top 5 and I really want to say top 10, but it's early and the media will blow up someone before the draft.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen Thomas once. I liked what I saw on just a few minutes of channel surfing. See, we could get guys like these if our scouting department knew what it was doing but apparently it is as bad as the rest of the FO and ownership.

Our scouting department likes the Kool-Aid. :kermit: I will give them that Gurley was a great pick at #10 overall when a lot of talent went off the board and there was no clear pick. But then they panicked because many OT's were flying off the board. Mannion in the 3rd was puzzling too, but we really won't know what we have with him until next year after he has sat all this year.

But Mike Thomas.. That boy good. Not sure of his 40 time yet, but he's 6'1 and a good size WR that has great hands. He may move up boards, but hopefully we snag him in the 4th or 5th round.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be surprised if the Rams were able to trade Foles and his contract the way he has played this season.

another reason why giving him an extension before he even played a snap was just stupid. they could've just let him go after this season had they waited. now, they are stuck with his contract.

and I agree with the rest of you, there is no QB worth taking this year. and there is no sense in doing so until we see Mannion play. if there is no QB worth taking before round 3, then what is the point? that's where Mannion was taken and last year was considered a better QB class than the upcoming one.

like SJ said, better to go OL and WR ( AGAIN )- can't believe we are still having to address LT and WR.

and since the same guys will still be in charge, you can bet they will screw that up again too. they would be better off drafting a DL guy and converting him to OL since they only know how to spot defensive talent.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need another O. Pace, a true LT who will take a year or two to get acclimated to the NFL game. Meanwhile, I disagree with those who think the present state of the O-line is gong to be permanent. The four O-lineman we selected this year are all going to be damn good. Havenstein has proven he is a keeper. Add Wichmann to that list. Of course, Brown was really beginning to play well when he got hurt and same goes for Donnal. Moving GRob inside, keeping those four, and adding a true LT will do the trick. I believe the O-line will finally get better.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we added two more solid oline pics from this draft to the last draft, I think we'll have a good nucleus of talent on the o-line. And I agree about going after a left tackle if we find a good one that falls to us in the first round.