• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Austin Davis

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to talk about Bradford anymore, there is no reason too.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to talk about Bradford anymore, there is no reason too.

I get it but Fisher did trade him for a guy that is benched now. And we need a QB. And the bad thing is we signed Foles for 2 years. I believe we have 17 FA after this season... I was hoping they would have already signed a couple guys on the defense of side of the ball already. Like Jenkins or McLeod, Barron? But no the only person we have signed is Nick Foles. :doh: It just might be what gets Fisher fired if Sam keeps winning.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to throw numbers out there and not know the facts. Sorry but Cleveland didn't start the game out being down by 30? I watched some of the game, and he was pretty much the same in each half, in fact he threw the ball less times in the second half for more yards, so much for your dink and dunk theory!
As I said he's not by any means great, but he can throw the ball better than anyone we have had since Bulger! The guy completes 64% of his passes, Sammy struggled to complete less than 60% of his passes, and that was a lot of dinking and duunking!

He was completely and utterly ineffective against Cincinnati. Not one touchdown drive at all. He did not have a good game and couldn't manage the offense. Two intentional grounding calls, he took really bad sacks, had no pocket awareness and he turned the ball over twice. I though I was walking Foles to play for a second.

Bradford threw the ball better. Just not good enough to be a QB that makes the kind of money he does. Bradford is a bottom tier starter in the league. Davis is inconsistent, but you expect that from back ups. With a larger sample size, I'd expect his numbers to go down and not be as good as Bradford.

Just in case you don't believe the facts about his short passes, here's a detail about his throws:

Austin Davis earns D+ in Cleveland Browns' blowout loss to Cincinnati Bengals: DMan's QB Report, Game 12 (photos)

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it but Fisher did trade him for a guy that is benched now. And we need a QB. And the bad thing is we signed Foles for 2 years. I believe we have 17 FA after this season... I was hoping they would have already signed a couple guys on the defense of side of the ball already. Like Jenkins or McLeod, Barron? But no the only person we have signed is Nick Foles. :doh: It just might be what gets Fisher fired if Sam keeps winning.
If I understand correctly Philly can still make the playoffs. Wouldn't that frost some boxers.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was completely and utterly ineffective against Cincinnati. Not one touchdown drive at all. He did not have a good game and couldn't manage the offense. Two intentional grounding calls, he took really bad sacks, had no pocket awareness and he turned the ball over twice. I though I was walking Foles to play for a second.

Bradford threw the ball better. Just not good enough to be a QB that makes the kind of money he does. Bradford is a bottom tier starter in the league. Davis is inconsistent, but you expect that from back ups. With a larger sample size, I'd expect his numbers to go down and not be as good as Bradford.

Just in case you don't believe the facts about his short passes, here's a detail about his throws:

Austin Davis earns D+ in Cleveland Browns' blowout loss to Cincinnati Bengals: DMan's QB Report, Game 12 (photos)

Exactly!! The more Davis plays the more he gets exposed. That is hard for a lot of people to understand. Same with Keenum and Foles. Defenses adjust and stop what he can do and then he's in trouble because they don't have elite arms and accuracy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand correctly Philly can still make the playoffs. Wouldn't that frost some boxers.

To be fair, so can the Cowboys. The NFC East should forfeit it's playoff spot this year.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, so can the Cowboys. The NFC East should forfeit it's playoff spot this year.

That whole division is wide open... and all the teams have a losing record. Another 7-9 team winning the division like the Seahawks did a few years ago.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole division is wide open... and all the teams have a losing record. Another 7-9 team winning the division like the Seahawks did a few years ago.

Could be two (AFC South). The Colts (Jags, Texans, Dolphins, Titans) or Texans (Patriots, Colts, Titans, Jaguars) are both 6-6, but at least one of the them should finish with at least 8 wins. If not, the Jags are in the mix.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really?? Tell that to Kurt Warner when his cardinals finished 9-7 and made it to the super bowl. :nod:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?? Tell that to Kurt Warner when his cardinals finished 9-7 and made it to the super bowl. :nod:

None of those teams are finishing 9-7. None of them have a QB remotely as good as Kurt Warner.

Eagles (5-7) games remaining against Bills, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants
Skins (5-7) games remaining against Bears, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys
Giants (5-7) games remaining against Dolphins, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles
Cowboys (4-8) games remaining against Packers, Jets, Bills, Redskins

Looking at this, I'm feeling better about the Bills playoff chances, lol. To me, the Skins are the only ones with a decent chance to even finish at .500.

Of course, you're probably thinking Bradford can approximate Warner. If that's what you're getting at, a psych ward is in your future...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those teams are finishing 9-7. None of them have a QB remotely as good as Kurt Warner.

Eagles (5-7) games remaining against Bills, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants
Skins (5-7) games remaining against Bears, Bills, Eagles, Cowboys
Giants (5-7) games remaining against Dolphins, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles
Cowboys (4-8) games remaining against Packers, Jets, Bills, Redskins

Looking at this, I'm feeling better about the Bills playoff chances, lol. To me, the Skins are the only ones with a decent chance to even finish at .500.

Of course, you're probably thinking Bradford can approximate Warner. If that's what you're getting at, a psych ward is in your future...

My point was a lot of people were saying the same thing when the Cards made the playoffs at 9-7. That they shouldn't be in the playoffs. But they made it to the super Bowl. I do think if the wildcard team has a better record they shouldn't have to go to play a worse record division winner. The better record should get home field for that first game. Not taking anything away from Warner but how many Hall of Fame players was he playing with. Two WR's the RB and the left Tackle.... Yes Sam would have put up big time numbers in that Offense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was a lot of people were saying the same thing when the Cards made the playoffs at 9-7. That they shouldn't be in the playoffs. But they made it to the super Bowl. I do think if the wildcard team has a better record they shouldn't have to go to play a worse record division winner. The better record should get home field for that first game.

I don't think anyone has a problem with a winning team in the playoffs, even if it is 9-7. When it's 7-9 or 6-10, the grumbling gets pretty loud, especially with other winning teams potentially missing the playoffs.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford threw the ball better. Just not good enough to be a QB that makes the kind of money he does. Bradford is a bottom tier

starter in the league. Davis is inconsistent, but you expect that from back ups. With a larger sample size, I'd expect his numbers to go down and not be as good as Bradford.

Davis was gritty and gutty. He tried his best. He did not have much with which to work. His o-line sprung leaks. Fox Sports analyst Matt Millen praised him.

Hey, I said he didn't play great, but he didn't play bad either. Some of you guys don't get it, especially Coug, ya Davis hasn't played all year, doesn't really get the reps in practice, hasn't played with these guys, but let's throw him in there against one of the better defenses in the league.
Again this article that you allude to repeatedly says. Davis scrambled to his left, Davis scrambled to his right, oh and this was a good throw that's was ruled out of bounds, but Cleveland didn't challenge (sounds like they don't have a clue about challenges like Fisher either) I saw that play, was a good throw and catch, a couple other throws that could have been caught. interception was. Result of not being familiar with his teammates, we don't know if that was on him or Hartline?
As I said I watched a lot of the game, he had a couple bad throws, all QBs do, some like Foles have alot!
I think Davis has a little more leeway because he hasn't played, Sammy doesn't get to use all the excuse s Coug always gives him, Sammy is taking all the snaps in practice, Sammy is or should be on the same page as his WR's , Sammy is a so called franchise QB.

Again given the job and not producing is different than being thrown into the job ! Davis completed over 60% of his passes, which he has done his whole career, something that Sammy can't say! All a QB can do is complete a high percentage of his passes, after that it's out of his hands!

People want to complain about the Rams, and rightfully so, Cleveland is just as much of a mess if not more. That same game Sammy would have gotten annihilated, why ? Because Davis scrambled right, Davis scrambled left, Sammy can't do that!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't bother me, if that's what you are insinuating, I actually hope it does happen. The only problem with it would be knuckleheads that would think it was because of Bradford, you know the same knuckleheads that thought Sammy went in to NE last week and put a beat down on NE and outplayed Brady!

If Philly makes it, which they won't!, it will be in spite of Bradford, kind of like "if" the Rams were to ever ,make the playoffs, it would be in spite of Fisher!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't bother me, if that's what you are insinuating, I actually hope it does happen. The only problem with it would be knuckleheads that would think it was because of Bradford, you know the same knuckleheads that thought Sammy went in to NE last week and put a beat down on NE and outplayed Brady!

If Philly makes it, which they won't!, it will be in spite of Bradford, kind of like "if" the Rams were to ever ,make the playoffs, it would be in spite of Fisher!
Well stranger things have happened. Alot of people laughed when Warner got the Cards to the playoffs. But truthfully should they make it. I do believe the QB will have something to do with it. Who ever it maybe.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was gritty and gutty. He tried his best. He did not have much with which to work. His o-line sprung leaks. Fox Sports analyst Matt Millen praised him.

Hey, I said he didn't play great, but he didn't play bad either. Some of you guys don't get it, especially Coug, ya Davis hasn't played all year, doesn't really get the reps in practice, hasn't played with these guys, but let's throw him in there against one of the better defenses in the league.
Again this article that you allude to repeatedly says. Davis scrambled to his left, Davis scrambled to his right, oh and this was a good throw that's was ruled out of bounds, but Cleveland didn't challenge (sounds like they don't have a clue about challenges like Fisher either) I saw that play, was a good throw and catch, a couple other throws that could have been caught. interception was. Result of not being familiar with his teammates, we don't know if that was on him or Hartline?
As I said I watched a lot of the game, he had a couple bad throws, all QBs do, some like Foles have alot!
I think Davis has a little more leeway because he hasn't played, Sammy doesn't get to use all the excuse s Coug always gives him, Sammy is taking all the snaps in practice, Sammy is or should be on the same page as his WR's , Sammy is a so called franchise QB.

Again given the job and not producing is different than being thrown into the job ! Davis completed over 60% of his passes, which he has done his whole career, something that Sammy can't say! All a QB can do is complete a high percentage of his passes, after that it's out of his hands!

People want to complain about the Rams, and rightfully so, Cleveland is just as much of a mess if not more. That same game Sammy would have gotten annihilated, why ? Because Davis scrambled right, Davis scrambled left, Sammy can't do that!

I think you might be in the minority in thinking Davis was gritty and gutty. 3 points is not gritty & gutty. That's just plain bad. But, like you said, that's kind of to be expected as a back up. At the end of the day, when you start, you're expected to perform & he didn't. Him completing 60% really doesn't mean anything if he's not leading TD or scoring drives.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Skins will win the division.

And how about Blake Bortles? That guy is going to do wonders for them.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be in the minority in thinking Davis was gritty and gutty. 3 points is not gritty & gutty. That's just plain bad. But, like you said, that's kind of to be expected as a back up. At the end of the day, when you start, you're expected to perform & he didn't. Him completing 60% really doesn't mean anything if he's not leading TD or scoring drives.

I don't know…I think he has a lot of voices in his head on his side :D

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh no. It wouldn't bother you at all lol.:pound: That last statement says it all from you. I think the QB has a little more outcome on the game then the HC.