• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aug. 2,3, 4, Rangers Motor into Detroit

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably CJs best call of the year on Willie triple. Genuine enthusiasm

Good to see young guys come through

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL is way too top heavy. No ground gained in division or wild card.

Normally a 4 game win streak would help you out in the standings, but apparently not this year.

I don’t expect us to make the playoffs, but it would be nice to gain ground when you win every once in awhile.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AL is way too top heavy. No ground gained in division or wild card.

Normally a 4 game win streak would help you out in the standings, but apparently not this year.

I don’t expect us to make the playoffs, but it would be nice to gain ground when you win every once in awhile.
I have to say, where we finish and how far out we finish really doesn't matter at all to me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, where we finish and how far out we finish really doesn't matter at all to me.
Me either but I would be happy to finish ahead of the Angels. :D

Nice series by a number of players contributing in different games and some young pitchers gaining some valuable experience even in tight situations. Doesn't matter that it was Detroit as that doesn't guarantee automatic success as the Angels found out the series before when losing 2 out of 3 in Anaheim. I hope we do not send Calhoun back down again at any time this year.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still too early to tell if the trade acquired anything of substance, lots of young guys come up and do good for a season and then fade away.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too early to tell if the trade acquired anything of substance, lots of young guys come up and do good for a season and then fade away.
It is hard to think of very many Rangers hitting prospects who have come up and did good for a season and then faded away over the past 10 years.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to think of very many Rangers hitting prospects who have come up and did good for a season and then faded away over the past 10 years.

That's because the Rangers usually trade them away (until recently) before they get their chance at the MLB club. Seems to me Teagarden was a decent prospect with promise that did well when he was first called up but did nothing after that and is out of the game now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the Rangers usually trade them away (until recently) before they get their chance at the MLB club. Seems to me Teagarden was a decent prospect with promise that did well when he was first called up but did nothing after that and is out of the game now.
No, Teagarden doesn't fit in that category. He didn't have a good season with us. I think it is fairly rare for someone to have a good season and then fade away. Even Odor and Blalock had more than one good season.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Teagarden doesn't fit in that category. He didn't have a good season with us. I think it is fairly rare for someone to have a good season and then fade away. Even Odor and Blalock had more than one good season.

Blaylock was almost 20 years ago. The one that I was thinking about because I keep up with the Reds is Drew Stubbs, first season good after that mediocre to bad don't think he's playing anymore either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaylock was almost 20 years ago. The one that I was thinking about because I keep up with the Reds is Drew Stubbs, first season good after that mediocre to bad don't think he's playing anymore either.
You follow 2 teams and can think of one. That is what I was saying. It is fairly rare.

Although, in checking I see Drew Stubbs put up his best numbers in his 6th season, so he doesn't actually fit either.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, in checking I see Drew Stubbs put up his best numbers in his 6th season, so he doesn't actually fit either.

Ah you're another one of those guys who don't look at the whole stat line just batting average :L

You have another one right in front of your face although he seems to be making a comeback this year and its Danny Santana. So is 2014 + 2019 the real Danny Santana or is the one from 2015-18 the real one :scratch: time will tell won't it.

Remember Joe Charboneau?

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You follow 2 teams and can think of one. That is what I was saying. It is fairly rare.

Good is a subjective term, it all depends on what the person wants to base the term on.

If you only follow one team I would imagine it could be fairly rare, so what do you think about the David Clyde situation? Started out like a house on fire then went straight into the toilet, wasn't he supposed to be the savior of the team?

Try Dann Bilardello on for size or maybe Vic Harris. BTA this all depends on how many games played, batting attempts, pitched would determine what a first season is, be consistent.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good is a subjective term, it all depends on what the person wants to base the term on.

If you only follow one team I would imagine it could be fairly rare, so what do you think about the David Clyde situation? Started out like a house on fire then went straight into the toilet, wasn't he supposed to be the savior of the team?

Try Dann Bilardello on for size or maybe Vic Harris. BTA this all depends on how many games played, batting attempts, pitched would determine what a first season is, be consistent.
My original comment was,"It is hard to think of very many Rangers hitting prospects who have come up and did good for a season and then faded away over the past 10 years."

Your original comment was, "lots of young guys come up and do good for a season and then fade away." That simply isn't the case no matter how you define good unless you are going to completely change the meaning of the word,"good."

Even with Clyde, he didn't come up from the minors. That was the problem. They never sent him there. And, I specifically addressed hitters because your comment was directed at Jamey Newberg talking about Calhoun. Vic Harris never was good at hitting.

You said good for a season so that really limits it to those who played the better part of a season and did good. There is no inconsistency on my part. lol You are the one saying the word good can mean different things and bringing up guys from almost 50 years ago when I specifically addressed the past 10 years. Your comments have been anything but consistent.

You simply made an observation that has no merits based on the way you worded it. None.