• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least we are not...

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying Colin mother fucking Kaepernick twenty million a year. Holy fucking shit balls. I think they are a year or two from a big decline. They're going to lose Justin Smith and Frank Gore soon. Willis is going to hit his down side soon. They will be helmed by this bird dicked asshole. Awesome.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts are only going to continue to grow as the salary cap jumps every year. With the $10 million increase in the cap this year, and even bigger yearly gains on the near horizon we're finally heading out of the cap hell caused by absorbing 2 of the largest rookie contracts ever given...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is better then Flacco and getting paid the same. In that context it is not a bad deal, the precedent has been set. I am curious to see Russell Wilsons contract next year, does he have to take a lesser contract because he has the best defense behind him? or do they pay him as elite? I am not sure which of those is the correct answer.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes Stafford's contract seem pretty good, all in all. Look at some of the deals signed since Stafford's extension...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kapernick blows. Over rated. If he was so good, Harbargh wouldn't run the ball 45 times a game.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make Stafford s extension look great. Even considering the change in cap this contract is a bad one. The call didn't even go up ten percent, and they are paying a guy that is at a stretch a top ten quarterback. I guess hedge your bets, but I'd rather have Suh at that contract than Kaepernick.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes Stafford's contract seem pretty good, all in all. Look at some of the deals signed since Stafford's extension...

Playoff wins of Flacco and Keap make Stafford's contract look worse to me.

Do you think if Stafford was drafted under the new CBA he would have fat contract by now going into 5th season.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying Colin mother fucking Kaepernick twenty million a year. Holy fucking shit balls. I think they are a year or two from a big decline. They're going to lose Justin Smith and Frank Gore soon. Willis is going to hit his down side soon. They will be helmed by this bird dicked asshole. Awesome.

I love everything about this deal and hope the 49ers pay him every damn cent of the deal. You can write them off for the next 5-7 years now.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff wins of Flacco and Keap make Stafford's contract look worse to me.
Not saying they didn't make any plays themselves, but both of those QBs had really good defenses behind them. Helps make their "playoff wins" a bit easier. IMO anyway.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's that can run, scramble and make plays with their feet without getting hit are going to get their money.

Vick, RG3, Newton, Wilson, Kapernick, Soon to be Manziel, Yes they have to able to throw, but the slow stand in the pocket QB's that can't use there feet to get out of trouble and make something happen days are coming to end.

For all the debate about those type qbs get injured more, there's always the Brady, Rothlisberger and Staffords of the leauge that stay in the pocket and get injured as well.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts are only going to continue to grow as the salary cap jumps every year. With the $10 million increase in the cap this year, and even bigger yearly gains on the near horizon we're finally heading out of the cap hell caused by absorbing 2 of the largest rookie contracts ever given...

You don't get out of cap hell because the cap increases. It increases for everyone so as those contracts continue to grow we would continue to have less cap space than other teams, same as we do now.

You get out of cap hell by good management and that isn't going to happen in Detroit. That opportunity came and went when they didn't trade Suh.

It may be The Clown Show in Detroit but it's The Moron Circus in San Fran. Bahahaha, lmfao at the CK contract.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really get out of cap by drafting a QB in the 3rd round that starts for you team and plays for peanuts...I.E. Wilson or 6th rounder in Brady for the Pats.....When you have a QB playing for peanuts for 3 to 5 years, that kinda lets you spend tons of money on the rest of the team.

So easy answer here, you get out of cap hell by drafting well. We know that wasn't Millens forte or Mayhews'.....I can only hope Zanders is the difference maker and this draft was succussful like last years.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny when 49er fans are like "Good deal, he led us to a super bowl and nfc championship". Really? They had one of the sickest defenses and run game in the NFL, bar none. That isn't "leading" anything, it is "not getting in the way".

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play in a 14 team 200$ cash league where QB's are awarded 6 points for a passing TD. Seen dude get cut, TWICE last year and sit on waivers. Then dude gets awarded the most money guaranteed of any QB (60 million)? lol ok.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's that can run, scramble and make plays with their feet without getting hit are going to get their money.

Vick, RG3, Newton, Wilson, Kapernick, Soon to be Manziel, Yes they have to able to throw, but the slow stand in the pocket QB's that can't use there feet to get out of trouble and make something happen days are coming to end.

For all the debate about those type qbs get injured more, there's always the Brady, Rothlisberger and Staffords of the leauge that stay in the pocket and get injured as well.

They have been saying the QB position was going to change for YEARS. The only reason why they look so good right now is -- they are mostly all playing on teams with dominant defenses. Seattle, San Fran and Carolina were 1-2-3 in scoring defense.

The reason why you won't see much of a change -- It is impossible to be a running QB and not take hits. When you are getting lit up by absolute monsters -- you are going to get hurt at some point. Some more than others, but at some point, it is going to happen, when you are taking unnecessary punishment.

Personally -- I wouldn't want a running QB. I wouldn't mind a QB who can buy some time and get out of the pocket to make some plays with his arm, but I don't want a QB running all over the field. About the only QB i'd be comfortable with right now in the NFL that is considered a "running QB" is Cam Newton, because he is as big as the guys hitting him.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry Sanders was 5'8 203....That's not very big, but he didn't take many hits. Good running qbs don't take many direct hits either, slide, get out of bounds etc etc....Sure they will take an occasional big one but so do pocket passers getting blind sided...Atleast when the qb is running is chances increase because he sees the hit coming. Id take russell wilson in a heartbeat, but i'm happy with Stafford just the same...I think Stafford fits our offense personal better then Russell Wilson.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually these guys get blasted because they are running the read option.