• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At least one guy is convinced Saban to Texas is a done deal

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crossposting this from elsewhere:

From what I hearing, this quiet that we are witnessing means the relationship is very serious. Here is the rub on the Saban front. As I mentioned from the outset, Nick Saban is extremely disappointed in our inability to keep things quiet (Hicks brothers). However Saban is also concerned about our ability to effectively manage the Brown resignation in the time period we had led Sexton/Saban to believe we would receive Mack's resignation by. In addition, Brown still has the ability to make this an ugly situation with each victory with a Big 12 Championship and BCS Bowl all still a possibility.

Our friend Santa Gertrudis leaked yesterday that Terry Saban had looked at a friend of his home on her last trip to Austin. To reiterate, the price on the home in question was $6.5M, 8,000 sq. ft home. On a different front, Paul Finebaum had been stating that the home in question was being looked at as a home for one of the Sabans' children (age 26 & 21). Santa somewhat debunked the assumption by Paul Finebaum that the house was a purchase for one one of the kids (again, who purchases a 8,000 sq. ft home for $6.5M for their 20 something year old kids as a starter home?). Well what I have learned is that Nick & Terry Saban have put a contract on a house in Austin that will close in late January. The contract would not be publicly available information and the purchaser was an LLC that has not been used before. I heard this prior to what was posted on IT last night, but that information is consistent with what I've been told.

Finally, I have been catching some heat for my 60% belief that Saban will be the Head Coach at the University of Texas next season. My goal is to ALWAYS be truthful to our members and if I post something then it is genuine and NOT pre-fabricated for effect! Having said that, after what I have heard over the past few days I am ready to bump that percentage AS OF RIGHT NOW to 100%! That's right. I said it! 100%. Things change but AT THIS MOMENT UNLESS THINGS CHANGE I am saying it is a 100% chance Nick Saban is the Head Coach at the University of Texas next season. How's that for a "Crossfire?"

I could see it all being true. I know a random post on the internet shouldn't give a rumor any additional credibility, but for some reason this one just does. To me anyway.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

:L

I'll be so glad when this offseason comes and goes......

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crossposting this from elsewhere:

I could see it all being true. I know a random post on the internet shouldn't give a rumor any additional credibility, but for some reason this one just does. To me anyway.

The contract would not be publicly available information and the purchaser was an LLC that has not been used before.

This is the equivalent of the "unnamed source" when a media outlet heard a rumor that was pure bullshit.

And frankly, color me shocked that you would find this giving extra credibility to the rumor, I just cannot see an Auburn fan "hoping and praying" that Saban would leave at all.:whistle:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, it's this thread again...

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the equivalent of the "unnamed source" when a media outlet heard a rumor that was pure bullshit.

And frankly, color me shocked that you would find this giving extra credibility to the rumor, I just cannot see an Auburn fan "hoping and praying" that Saban would leave at all.:whistle:
-
The only reason this seems to gain credibility is that it just wont go away. I am hardly gong to say it is better than a coin flip, but I have steadily raised the probability over the last few months. I am still just at 25%, but it is getting hard to just blow this off as nonsense

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is, can Saban take off from a treadmill?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
The only reason this seems to gain credibility is that it just wont go away. I am hardly gong to say it is better than a coin flip, but I have steadily raised the probability over the last few months. I am still just at 25%, but it is getting hard to just blow this off as nonsense

The reason it wont go away is the media is short on stories to come up with. They even went so far as to write an unnamed source close to the University said "Alabama's higher-ups haven't felt leveraged by Sexton despite the outside interest Saban has garnered in recent years, according to the source, who qualifies past talks with Sexton as productive and civil. The Texas job was not part of past discussions, according to the source." Just so they could have a story to keep it in the news.

The media is the ones keeping this alive so they have fodder to print. Mack is doing his job and has UT in a possible position to win the Big 12 and get a BCS bowl possibly. Seems like he is doing all he needs to make UT squirm at this point.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it two guys. :suds:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it go away?

The agent (and Nick himself) wants the SABANS to get paid.

This forces Alabama to write a check bigger than Mount Everest.

It is actually a pretty smart tactic by the Saban camp.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason it wont go away is the media is short on stories to come up with. They even went so far as to write an unnamed source close to the University said "Alabama's higher-ups haven't felt leveraged by Sexton despite the outside interest Saban has garnered in recent years, according to the source, who qualifies past talks with Sexton as productive and civil. The Texas job was not part of past discussions, according to the source." Just so they could have a story to keep it in the news.

The media is the ones keeping this alive so they have fodder to print. Mack is doing his job and has UT in a possible position to win the Big 12 and get a BCS bowl possibly. Seems like he is doing all he needs to make UT squirm at this point.
-
That is why is doesnt make sense to keep it going. There are lots of things to report on. It is not liek this is the off season or the dead period between the season and bowls. I am not convinced he is coming, but the likelihood that there is at least some flirtation going on is certainly rising.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh the hilarity that will ensue should Texas steal Alabama's coach.

Alabama a stepping stone job to greater things? :lol:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think it has more to do with Austin vs Tuscaloosa. Of course the Sabans are too classy to say that. But I mean, come on man...

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it go away?

It's typical Sexton work. He's known for doing this kind of stuff. Hell, he threw Houston Nutt's name out there every time there was an opening pretty much anywhere in the country and it usually results in his client getting a raise. That's the biggest reason I'm not worried about it.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it go away?

Thats just the thing, Bama doesnt have to be forced to do that, all Nick has to do is ask and they open the purse strings. He is already the highest paid in college football, his assistants are so well paid it makes it hard to get them to leave. Smart has been in line for an HC position for a couple of years, but his pay prohibits it being a smaller school because he makes more than they would offer. It will have to be the likes of a Georgia, Texas or some school willing to give him more than 2 mil per year.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm sure OU fans would find it hilarious if UT got Saban. The Big 12 would be all his within a year or so.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, imagine the hilarity on the next several RRSO games when UT dominates Okie similar to what they did this year. Stoops would be on life support himself and looking for an exit strategy in no time.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, imagine the hilarity on the next several RRSO games when UT dominates Okie similar to what they did this year. Stoops would be on life support himself and looking for an exit strategy in no time.

tell me more.. I like this story